Sarah18

DV 2023 Winners forum

39 posts in this topic

Timeline

I was selected on my first attempt!!!!

I'm a bit worried though because my case number seems to be high and I heard that makes it very unlikely to get an interview. My case number is: 2023EU342XX

It has been my dream to move to the US for as long as I can remember. I really hope this works out!!

Timeline

I really hope so but everyone I have talked to in the EU region has a lower case number than me. I literally have not seen a single one higher than mine for EU :(

But I am still hopeful. I have already submitted the DS-260 and prepared all the document needed! I am just waiting for their email telling me to send the documents.

18 minutes ago, LetsGoBo said:

I really hope so but everyone I have talked to in the EU region has a lower case number than me. I literally have not seen a single one higher than mine for EU :(

But I am still hopeful. I have already submitted the DS-260 and prepared all the document needed! I am just waiting for their email telling me to send the documents.

They haven’t updated the website, you no longer need to send them documents first. All you need to do now is wait for an interview, but obviously you’ll want to start gathering your documents in the meantime. What you want to do is to (1) save a copy of the selection letter (2) check the visa bulletin in the new fiscal year then when your visa number is current, check the same page as your selection letter for the interview letter. You may or may not get an email telling you to check that page for updates. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

They haven’t updated the website, you no longer need to send them documents first. All you need to do now is wait for an interview, but obviously you’ll want to start gathering your documents in the meantime. What you want to do is to (1) save a copy of the selection letter (2) check the visa bulletin in the new fiscal year then when your visa number is current, check the same page as your selection letter for the interview letter. You may or may not get an email telling you to check that page for updates. 

So is there anything I can do at all to increase my chances of getting interviewed earlier? I am very grateful to have been selected and I do not want to miss out on this opportunity just because of my high case number.

46 minutes ago, LetsGoBo said:

So is there anything I can do at all to increase my chances of getting interviewed earlier? I am very grateful to have been selected and I do not want to miss out on this opportunity just because of my high case number.

You cannot be interviewed before your case number is current. That is how the law works.

I also don’t think your visa number is too high. May 2022 visa bulletin is already on 27,000 for Europe - keep following it through September and you’ll see when in the year your number comes up next year. They also do designation of Current for DV categories- it means everyone who has interviews will be interviewed right up to the deadline of September 30. 

I think you can also look at past visa bulletins (I’d skip 2020 and 2021 as it wouldn’t be representative due to covid) to see when the number was listed (number range, not exact number) and/or when it turned current. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
20 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

how do you know if your visa number is current? How do you check that?

1 hour ago, milimelo said:

I also don’t think your visa number is too high. May 2022 visa bulletin is already on 27,000 for Europe - keep following it through September and you’ll see when in the year your number comes up next year. They also do designation of Current for DV categories- it means everyone who has interviews will be interviewed right up to the deadline of September 30. 

“Current” means all case numbers are current.

49 minutes ago, Se&Se said:

how do you know if your visa number is current? How do you check that?

You follow the monthly visa bulletin, scroll down to section B for the diversity visa numbers

general link https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html - you’ll see at the top of the page current and (when available) upcoming month’s bulletin, with a history of monthly bulletins linked below those 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

“Current” means all case numbers are current.

You follow the monthly visa bulletin, scroll down to section B for the diversity visa numbers

general link https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html - you’ll see at the top of the page current and (when available) upcoming month’s bulletin, with a history of monthly bulletins linked below those 

If the VB says 'CURRENT', do lower case numbers still get priority? Do they still give out interviews in order of case number?

41 minutes ago, LetsGoBo said:

If the VB says 'CURRENT', do lower case numbers still get priority? Do they still give out interviews in order of case number?

They seem to do in order of document submitted when that happens, but no one really knows for sure. It doesn’t really matter - if they switch everything to current, it means they have visas for everyone who wants one.

Hi 

Thank you for your time

Fortunately my mother has been accepted with my brother as under 21. I have two questions? 

1- When we filled her application, my brother had just 3 days to 21. is this ok? 

2-  My mother does not have high school qualification but she is entrepreneur in carpet industry, is this ok? 

As I read in onetonline, some jobs which are in zone 4 does need bachelor degree and it is also written some do not !!! what does this mean? how important is that? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 5/9/2022 at 7:50 AM, milimelo said:

I think you can also look at past visa bulletins (I’d skip 2020 and 2021 as it wouldn’t be representative due to covid) to see when the number was listed (number range, not exact number) and/or when it turned current. 

I would use caution in having people compare this year against any prior year... ESPECIALLY the past two years where only about 5,000 visas were granted each year, worldwide, due to travel bans and COVID.  Even 2022 is not a fair comparison because that year has apparently been rife with problems.  The fact that EU is going "Current" in June does not suggest that everyone will be invited for an interview for 2022... I would suggest watching this video which was just posted yesterday.  Brit Simon is extremely knowledgeable about DV and has a lot of informative videos that are quite cautious and try to be very accurate.  

Best of luck to all who were chosen for 2023. 

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.