J&D1008

MAY 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

342 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Arturchik said:

Hi everyone! I have been lurking here for a while and now that April is officially a hot month, I thought it was time to introduce myself! :) It's nice having someone going through the same process!

NOA: 19 May 2022

Consulate: Italy

welcome to the party.. lots of good info here an especially now that the May filers finally hav, what looks like a light at the end of the tunnel..

On 5/2/2023 at 4:59 AM, Nikobe said:

They kicked off April. It took them roughly four weeks to go from March to April, so we should see the first wave of approvals around the end of this month.

Realistically, I think June will be the month for early May filers and July/August will be the month for the late May filers.

That was my thought too. Exciting! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 5/2/2023 at 5:22 AM, Eddie101 said:

It is starting to get excited after such a long wait. March has lots of cases and their processing rate is much higher now.

It's so beautiful and scary.

A few filers past May were able to get into Mexico and cross illegally. They are now with their petitioners. To what ends though?

Many more were turned around. Sometimes right at the airport.

This world just doesn't feel real at times anymore. But we press on. For those who matter to us. Because... Because. That's why.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

@Arturchik, I see that your consulate is Italy.

Would you be able to help me at all with some questions about the Italian police certificate? My fiance got his Master's in Italy, so he needs to get one. However, it's particularly challenging because he can't just fly there without a Schenghen visa. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

hey everyone, i just started scanning cases today and just saw 4 approvals and 2 RFEs in the 2290077600 -2290077800 range, with no evidence of expedite! what do y'all think? is this the start of May processing? 🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
50 minutes ago, fushi said:

hey everyone, i just started scanning cases today and just saw 4 approvals and 2 RFEs in the 2290077600 -2290077800 range, with no evidence of expedite! what do y'all think? is this the start of May processing? 🙏

Seems so.

Main wave is still around April teens though.

1 hour ago, fushi said:

Looks that way!  I see some approvals from May 17 that were processed today.  Hopefully they start to really pick up now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/9/2023 at 8:41 PM, lybov0627 said:

Would you be able to help me at all with some questions about the Italian police certificate? My fiance got his Master's in Italy, so he needs to get one. However, it's particularly challenging because he can't just fly there without a Schenghen visa. 

you don't need to enter Italy to obtain it. Generally US won't expect a police record from a country that requires you enter the country (unless you are a current resident) as they're aware not everyone can just go pick one up or afford to fly somewhere just for a document.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Italy.html

Check police records here, it lists instructions on how to obtain police record without being present in Italy

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

2 hours ago, AndiB said:

you don't need to enter Italy to obtain it. Generally US won't expect a police record from a country that requires you enter the country (unless you are a current resident) as they're aware not everyone can just go pick one up or afford to fly somewhere just for a document.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Italy.html

Check police records here, it lists instructions on how to obtain police record without being present in Italy

Have you read this somewhere? First time hearing this but it's of importance to me because I hold two citizenships

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, New Romantics said:

Have you read this somewhere? First time hearing this but it's of importance to me because I hold two citizenships

Go to that link. It'll tell you what the expectation is per document per country. Just find your countries instead of Italy.

I can't remember which country but I've helped someone and they weren't expected to get a police cert because it was only available to residents so if you'd moved it was impossible to obtain so US didn't require one.

Majority of countries have a way to obtain it from abroad though.

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

On 5/9/2023 at 9:41 PM, lybov0627 said:

Not sure if it helps but most European countries have an online registration for police certificates (e.g. Germany and Denmark in my case). I know that Italy is a bureaucratic nightmare but I hope they have something similar or at least you can obtain one through the embassy.

2 hours ago, AndiB said:

Go to that link. It'll tell you what the expectation is per document per country. Just find your countries instead of Italy.

I can't remember which country but I've helped someone and they weren't expected to get a police cert because it was only available to residents so if you'd moved it was impossible to obtain so US didn't require one.

Majority of countries have a way to obtain it from abroad though.

Ohh thank you! I think I'm gonna call the US embassy where I will interview and ask them to see if they need one. I think they will because I'm a citizen but we'll see

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.