Keiko2325

N400 May 2022 Filers

120 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! We filed online yesterday after realizing we were eligible to do so after curiosity made us check the site and go through the eligibility tool. Came here to check out if anyone else is doing the same. We filed with the 3 year 90 day rule. I-751 has been pending for about 10 months now. 

We received biometrics reuse and a receipt the same day. Overnight we received a notification that our case is actively being worked on.

On 5/11/2022 at 7:08 PM, M+M said:

Hello! We also submitted our N-400 recently (May 4th via mail). We also received immediate response and that my husband's biometrics were being reused. We also have I-751pending for about 10.5 months (SRC) right now. We received immediate action on our I-751 that it was moved to a different office and that it will have jurisdiction over it. I really don't know what that means but I assume that there is some movement due to both applications pending and they were both moved to our local office.

Hey, don't worry about the I-751 anymore. Our lawyer told us that this is how USCIS has been doing it now for some time:

I-751 remains pending and on the day of your interview, everything gets cleared out (i-751 will just get pushed out or approved til the oath date most likely). Sometimes, depending on your office, they can tell you to take the oath right then and there after the interview if there is availability (but that's actually rare).

Congratulations on taking the final step in this journey!

Wishing everyone all the best! I'll try to come back here and update when things move on our case and watch for updates from you guys as well!

On 5/12/2022 at 6:38 PM, Azzi said:

Hi Boopi did your application got submitted, I did online too and my payment went through but didn’t receive any receipt number or case it yet and it’s almost 8 days now 

Sorry for double posting but @Azzi if you filed online then log in to your account and look through your cases to find N-400. If it isn't there, I would reach out to USCIS via phone and explain. 

On 5/24/2022 at 9:56 AM, Gardener said:

Sorry for double posting but @Azzi if you filed online then log in to your account and look through your cases to find N-400. If it isn't there, I would reach out to USCIS via phone and explain. 

Thanks Garderner, called numerous times and couldn’t able to fix the issue. As informed by technical team it should be a glitch in their system I have provided the payment screenshots and USCIS account page as well and they opened a service ticket with indefinite due date. After the ticket created someone emailed me and asked the receipt number for further assistance, which I am looking from them for the payment I made. long story short , I had re emailed all the screenshots but no response or reply yet.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:54 AM, Gardener said:

Hey everyone! We filed online yesterday after realizing we were eligible to do so after curiosity made us check the site and go through the eligibility tool. Came here to check out if anyone else is doing the same. We filed with the 3 year 90 day rule. I-751 has been pending for about 10 months now. 

We received biometrics reuse and a receipt the same day. Overnight we received a notification that our case is actively being worked on.

Hey, don't worry about the I-751 anymore. Our lawyer told us that this is how USCIS has been doing it now for some time:

I-751 remains pending and on the day of your interview, everything gets cleared out (i-751 will just get pushed out or approved til the oath date most likely). Sometimes, depending on your office, they can tell you to take the oath right then and there after the interview if there is availability (but that's actually rare).

Congratulations on taking the final step in this journey!

Wishing everyone all the best! I'll try to come back here and update when things move on our case and watch for updates from you guys as well!

that’s great news! did your attorney mention how long N400 has been taking? 

15 hours ago, Keiko2325 said:

that’s great news! did your attorney mention how long N400 has been taking? 

The conversation with the attorney was when we filed to remove the conditions where they answered questions around the wait time to remove conditions. They said that USCIS will just take the application and wait because they know you will file for citizenship, i.e just free money for them. We actually filed N400 on my own without a lawyer but based on my intuition and comparison of timelines, we estimate that we will get citizenship before 2023. 

Edited by Gardener

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I logged into my USCIS this morning and saw they've mailed my Interview notice on June 3! I applied on May 18, 2022 so this was a surprise. 

I can't open the PDF of the letter though, it's giving me an error. Anyone had this issue before? 

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

1 minute ago, sweetswinks said:

I logged into my USCIS this morning and saw they've mailed my Interview notice on June 3! I applied on May 18, 2022 so this was a surprise. 

I can't open the PDF of the letter though, it's giving me an error. Anyone had this issue before? 

omg congrats! which field office? 

Timeline
Just now, Keiko2325 said:

omg congrats! which field office? 

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! 

I applied under the 5 year rule.

1 hour ago, sweetswinks said:

wow congrats! What was your estimated completion time?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Uzi786 said:

wow congrats! What was your estimated completion time?

Thank you! On the USCIS site it said my estimated completion time was 13 months.

3 hours ago, sweetswinks said:

Also USCIS website was down in the past 48 hours and I had some issues too. Just wait for the paper copy in the mail :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, sweetswinks said:

OH MY GOODNESS! Wicked fast!
May this be the beginning of movement for all of us.
Congrats OP! Wishing you a smooth ending to the immigration journey. Keep us posted.

Timeline

Received my interview letter in the mail today!

My interview is scheduled for July 11.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.