Av&An

Including misdemeanor after 129f?

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

After completing and sending 129f form, I later remembered that I did forget to mention my (petitioners) misdemeanor I had received over 10 years ago.

To fix the issue I did went to court, got the certified copy and mailed with a copy of NOA1 and a letter explaining an honest mistake of just not remembering.

Misdemeanor is for smoking a tobacco near public park... 😐

Question: I have not received any conformation that the package was received by California Service Center, should I be concerned or email for conformation?
Question: Will this cause delays or further RFE?
Question: I did not include new 129f form, should I also mail the form with additional checkmark on criminal section.

Thank you

1. You have ur  proof of mailing ( priority mail/etc) but you don’t get anything from USCIS for supplemental filings ….it does not always reach the file

2. You would have had an RFE anyway, so I don’t think you added delay 

3. Don’t send anything else , wait for them to process your file. They may still RFE as their template for any law enforcement contact is to ask for police report, charging doc, any plea and sentencing. 

6 hours ago, Family said:

2. You would have had an RFE anyway, so I don’t think you added delay 

Not if he checked "NO" for the criminal history questions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Not if he checked "NO" for the criminal history questions.

USCIS wouldn’t do a background check on the petitioner?

edit: answer: yes it will. 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/guides/K1_Process_V11.pdf

“The U.S. citizen (the petitioner) files Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), with USCIS. The petitioner must show that both parties are free to marry and intend to marry within 90 days of the foreign national’s admission to the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant. Generally, the U.S. citizen and the fiancé or fiancée must have met each other in person during the 2 years before filing the petition. For more details, see uscis.gov/i-129f.
USCIS performs background checks* on both individuals as part of the Form I-129F adjudication. *Background checks include checks of criminal, national security and other information.”

So RFE (best outcome) or denial, or denial with prejudice (worst outcome). 

Edited by Mike E

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

USCIS wouldn’t do a background check on the petitioner?

edit: answer: yes it will. 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/guides/K1_Process_V11.pdf

“The U.S. citizen (the petitioner) files Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), with USCIS. The petitioner must show that both parties are free to marry and intend to marry within 90 days of the foreign national’s admission to the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant. Generally, the U.S. citizen and the fiancé or fiancée must have met each other in person during the 2 years before filing the petition. For more details, see uscis.gov/i-129f.
USCIS performs background checks* on both individuals as part of the Form I-129F adjudication. *Background checks include checks of criminal, national security and other information.”

So RFE (best outcome) or denial, or denial with prejudice (worst outcome). 

Yes, in theory.

But there is always the story of @John & Rose

You will NOT get a denial, at most an RFE .
USCIS is actually VERY VERY good about giving people the chance to give additional docs…sometimes even asking for the same thing twice , Lol!
There was a brief period in the not too distant past of Prolific  Presidential Proclamations that USCIS said if any Initial Filing Doc/info missing, it shall be denied without even an RFE…and if a little box was left blank, it shall be rejected …https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/news-releases/uscis-reaches-settlement-agreement-in-no-blank-space-rejection-policy-case

BUT, those days are gone and all you have to look forward to is a tiny RFE ( or not) , followed by APROVAL. ,

19 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Yes, in theory.

But there is always the story of @John & Rose

Yes there is ALWAYS that!  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/7/2023 at 11:19 PM, Av&An said:

Hello everyone,

To update, I was approved without RFE.

Not sure how much sending USCIS a copy of my misdemeanor helped, but always a great news for passing without RFE.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Thank you all for all the Information and support.

This helped me. Thank you & congratulations on your approval 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.