texastincup

April 2022 NVC Submissions - CR-1

253 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Fabio R S said:

I'm the petitioner but my wife (the applicant) received the DQ email at the same time as me (about 45 minutes after the DQ messages on the site).

Congrats on being DQ'ed. Happy you got the email and the message on the site. 

Hope you get that interview letter soon! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
50 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

Congrats on being DQ'ed. Happy you got the email and the message on the site. 

Hope you get that interview letter soon! 

Thanks! I saw that you got your DQ recently as well. Did you get an interview date yet?

Timeline
Just now, Fabio R S said:

Thanks! I saw that you got your DQ recently as well. Did you get an interview date yet?

Sorry, forgot to check your timeline. Just noticed you got an interview within a couple of weeks right?

2 minutes ago, Fabio R S said:

1 minute ago, Fabio R S said:

Sorry, forgot to check your timeline. Just noticed you got an interview within a couple of weeks right?

The interview is 68 days after DQ. We got the letter 12 days after DQ ( a lot sooner than expected... was thinking the interview letter would get sent out mid July). 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dazzling shine said:

Hi Fabio, did you add joint sponsor ?? 

Nope.

When I first got the RFE requesting the proof of income, I also received a message on CEAC saying that  a joint sponsor could be added to avoid any delays (since I didn´t meet the income requirements). At the time, the NVC call center was still working so I called them and was told that the joint sponsor paperwork can be taken directly to the embassy at the time of interview. I was also told that the NVC doesnt even look at the proof of assets, that´s done by the consular officer at the time of the interview.

In summary, I chose not add a joint sponsor when I got the RFE because it would delay the submission of the proof of income documents (that I already had in hand) and could potentially generate another RFE for problems with the sponsor documentation. 

In any case, as soon as I get an interview date, I will put together a joint sponsor packet and my wife will take the physical documentation to the consulate in case they request it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Fabio R S said:

Nope.

When I first got the RFE requesting the proof of income, I also received a message on CEAC saying that  a joint sponsor could be added to avoid any delays (since I didn´t meet the income requirements). At the time, the NVC call center was still working so I called them and was told that the joint sponsor paperwork can be taken directly to the embassy at the time of interview. I was also told that the NVC doesnt even look at the proof of assets, that´s done by the consular officer at the time of the interview.

In summary, I chose not add a joint sponsor when I got the RFE because it would delay the submission of the proof of income documents (that I already had in hand) and could potentially generate another RFE for problems with the sponsor documentation. 

In any case, as soon as I get an interview date, I will put together a joint sponsor packet and my wife will take the physical documentation to the consulate in case they request it.

Thankyou I asked because RFE  Evidence of Income got who needs joint sponsor 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Rubbertoe32 said:

What is the official date they use to review your paperwork? I submitted the I864 and the supporting evidence on the 23rd and my wife submitted her civil documents on the 24th. We added additional documents a week ago and we are hoping that didn't affect our review date! 

That´s a tricky one to answer but in my experience the NVC uses the date of the first submitted document, unless you re-submit something under the required documents list. That may reset the timeline but I don´t have first hand experience with it.

Most people seem to report that adding documents under the "Additional" category does not reset the timeline.

18 hours ago, Fabio R S said:

That´s a tricky one to answer but in my experience the NVC uses the date of the first submitted document, unless you re-submit something under the required documents list. That may reset the timeline but I don´t have first hand experience with it.

Most people seem to report that adding documents under the "Additional" category does not reset the timeline.

We got an RF for an unclear birth certificate(?)! I hope this does not push us back another 3 months!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Rubbertoe32 said:

We got an RF for an unclear birth certificate(?)! I hope this does not push us back another 3 months!

Hi Rubbertoe - same here, but seems like that would be the case per Fabio. 

I resubmitted the documentation on 7/1 but have not heard anything back yet.  

1 hour ago, Rubbertoe32 said:

It will... unless you are one of the lucky ones. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jacky Peng said:

I also resubmitted on June 13 nd still waiting

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jacky Peng said:

Yep, pretty much everyone on visajourney who got an RFE went to the back of the line when re-submitting documents. I got an RFE for proof of income, resubmitted on April 21st and only got DQed two days ago (my original submission was Feb 1st.).

Maybe the NVC has some exceptions for particular documents but when I called them about my RFE back in April, they said that they only have a single queue for all submissions. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.