foxy05

I need a help going on 2 years since application

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi all,

I am somewhat frustrated about my mother application. We filed it on Sept 2019 and the last action we received was September 2021. Approved and case is in NVC. Our form will expired this year September. How should I proceed on this. Everything is paid and documents are accepted.

Thank you

You do realize there’s a whole backlog of folks who needed to interview in 2020 but couldn’t due to Covid? That backlog needs to clear before they’ll get to your mother’s interview. 

common sense. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

What form? I-130? The expiration date on the form has nothing to do with the process. Whatever form was filled at the time, it stays that way even if you have an interview in 5, 7, 15 years

Are the people you’re talking about who got the interview sooner also doing IR5? If they’re doing spousal, that has priority over parent petitions 

You have been DQ’d at NVC since September 2021, that’s about 6 months which is not a long wait. I understand the petition was approved way earlier but DQ is the only date that matters right now. At this point you have no other option but wait for NVC to assign you an interview date. There are backlogs that have not been cleared plus IR5s are not number one priority for consulates. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

What form? I-130? The expiration date on the form has nothing to do with the process. Whatever form was filled at the time, it stays that way even if you have an interview in 5, 7, 15 years

Are the people you’re talking about who got the interview sooner also doing IR5? If they’re doing spousal, that has priority over parent petitions 

You have been DQ’d at NVC since September 2021, that’s about 6 months which is not a long wait. I understand the petition was approved way earlier but DQ is the only date that matters right now. At this point you have no other option but wait for NVC to assign you an interview date. There are backlogs that have not been cleared plus IR5s are not number one priority for consulates. 

I see. We filed for I30 form and submitted DS 260.  I understand. I guess I'm afraid of having to resubmit and pay the fees again. I don't mind waiting. I'm familiar with waiting. I just don't want to pay another fee because we neglected to follow-up. With the inflation going on, money is hard to come by. Thank you so much for your kind and intelligent response. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, foxy05 said:

I see. We filed for I30 form and submitted DS 260.  I understand. I guess I'm afraid of having to resubmit and pay the fees again. I don't mind waiting. I'm familiar with waiting. I just don't want to pay another fee because we neglected to follow-up. With the inflation going on, money is hard to come by. Thank you so much for your kind and intelligent response. 

The petitions that gotten approved were for relatives specifically parents.

*** One post removed for ToS violation: Telling another member not to post.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.