44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Regarding those that posted cheating is cultural:

I think the person immigrating to the United States needs to be aware of our cultures and laws....the fact that cheating and adultry is not tolerated here, nor is it looked upon as being someone that is well off (as in some cultures). A person that has committed adultery, or one that wants many wives (which is VERY much illegal here) is just asking for problems with the USC spouse....and the judicial system. (not to mention possibly getting deported back to their own country)

Ok, I've said my piece....back to the topic at hand now....

Edited by ♥C and P♥

I-129F

13 April 2007--Mailed I-129F (Processed at California Service Center)

18 April 2007--Received NOA1

13 Aug. 2007--Received NOA2

09 Oct. 2007--Medical in London

08 Nov. 2007--Visa Interview & Approved

14 Nov. 2007--Pete receives K1 visa in the mail

21 Nov. 2007-- Pete arrives in the United States (together at last!!)

27 Dec. 2007--Our 3 year anniversary of being engaged

16 Feb. 2008--We were married!!

AOS

........ho hum....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I feel very bad for you but you should have known. Cultural difference. Everyone should know their spouse's culture well before marrying so there are no ugly suprises.

Cheating is cultural?

Yes.....................but they don't call it cheating.

huh? If an individual practices polygamy then it could hardly be classified as cheating. Cheating is done surreptitiously, for the most part with one party none the wiser. Polygamy, on the other hand, is an open act and usually embraced by the parties.

Well said...... Polygamy is not cheating, huge difference. Some African's do practice Polygamy but not all. If he were in fact practicing Polygamy, she would have been involved with the "second or third or whatever wife" from the start. To say that based on where a person comes from a spouse should know that he or she would cheat is ludicrous!

I would definetly hire a good divorce attorney, preferrably one with some immigration experience. Great advice here! Surround your self with your support system and then throw his @&! to the curb!

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Filed: Timeline
I just found out my husband is cheating. We have an interview this coming Wed and I don't want to go. I don't want to have anything to do with him getting his GC anymore. This is our first interview. All he has is a J1 waiver and his employment authorization card. What will happen to his case if I don't go to the interview. What should my next steps me to handling this case because I do want a divorce!

You need to find out with whom he is cheating..

I just found out my husband is cheating. We have an interview this coming Wed and I don't want to go. I don't want to have anything to do with him getting his GC anymore. This is our first interview. All he has is a J1 waiver and his employment authorization card. What will happen to his case if I don't go to the interview. What should my next steps me to handling this case because I do want a divorce!

Why would that matter?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

The OP doesnt need to do anything...

Separated!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If he filed for AOS through marriage as soon as you let USCIS know that you are divorcing and why they will cancel is AOS and be denied his greencard.

EAD:

Please see timeline

AOS:

2/19/08: AOS Packet Mailed

2/20/08: AOS Packet Delivered

2/26/08: NOA Date

2/27/08: Check Cashed

3/03/08: NOA Recv'd

3/15/08: Biometrics Complete

3/17/08: Can See Status Online

9/20/08: Receive Intv. Appt Letter

10/17/08: Touched

10/28/08: AOS Interview - APPROVED

10/30/08: Card Production Ordered

11/06/08: Welcome Letter Arrives

11/10/08: GC Arrives

10/2011: Citizenship

If he filed for AOS through marriage as soon as you let USCIS know that you are divorcing and why they will cancel is AOS and be denied his greencard.

That is not at all an absolute.

Some of the suggestions in this thread are again, steeped in moral judgements and some are completely ignoring the purpose for the thread to beposted here - immigration clarification.

At this point ~ the OP has not returned since 2 days post the original post, the interview occurred already.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

sad

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Send his ####### back in a crate stamped, "return to sender, address unknown"

I AGREE! I do have a question, why would someone give the advise NOT to interfere with his proceedings for a GC? I may be acting out of selfishness but I would be devatated if I knew that the man that I was in love with who I thought was in love with me, who I had unselfishly spent my time, effort and money one were running around with other women... I'd be standing on the front steps of the USCIS with a sign! Please clarify, maybe I'm just speaking from the disgust of the idea of cheating...

I have finally met my love and my best friend... I can't thank God enough for this gift! After spending 17 days in Ghana with my love, I am even more consumed by him and all that he is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Because

1] USC withdrawal from GC processing at this stage is usually enough for GC processing to result in denial anyway.

2] Wasting energy and attention on the cheater is not going to help the USC to overcome emotional crisis and move on with their happy future life. Instead it may lead to actions that will later be found regrettable.

Just imagine, you have a happy family with a handsome spouse, you have great jobs and worry free life, you two are sailing away into the sunset in the most romantic fashion and you think " Ahhh, how foolish I was, standing there with a sign on USCIS steps to get my stupid ex-spouse deported " :whistle:

...Millionata, how did it go? How are you surviving?

I AGREE! I do have a question, why would someone give the advise NOT to interfere with his proceedings for a GC? I may be acting out of selfishness but I would be devatated if I knew that the man that I was in love with who I thought was in love with me, who I had unselfishly spent my time, effort and money one were running around with other women... I'd be standing on the front steps of the USCIS with a sign! Please clarify, maybe I'm just speaking from the disgust of the idea of cheating...

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Because

1] USC withdrawal from GC processing at this stage is usually enough for GC processing to result in denial anyway.

2] Wasting energy and attention on the cheater is not going to help the USC to overcome emotional crisis and move on with their happy future life. Instead it may lead to actions that will later be found regrettable.

Just imagine, you have a happy family with a handsome spouse, you have great jobs and worry free life, you two are sailing away into the sunset in the most romantic fashion and you think " Ahhh, how foolish I was, standing there with a sign on USCIS steps to get my stupid ex-spouse deported " :whistle:

...Millionata, how did it go? How are you surviving?

Reporting an offender to the authorities, in cases of deception by marriage of an alien to A USC, ICE or USCIS, is a responsibility. In which cases is it necessary? Quite simply, whenever a USC is/was victimised by an alien for immigration benefit alone. Now, which cases that are reported here on VJ fall into that category, only the victim can truly know.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Im in the same sitution, but my husband has his green card. I would tal with him and a marriage counsler 1st because this is a mager set your getting ready to tae.

Once thay have received the gc I heard it was hard to get it away from them. I wish i had done things differently. Now my husbands is in Texas woring and woring on finding a new wife because on his profile on the single it said single and looing for a wife. That hurt sooooooo very bad.

Rashell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.