Truth_Seeker

DCF with Frankfurt

27 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, jace5869 said:

Wow! Thank you for that!

I'm hoping they receive my packet today. For some reason, they wouldn't sign for it yesterday. I'm quite nervous about that. Then I hope for some quick processing, but I'm grateful they're even considering it.

I'm not too worried about the medical, but that is good to know. I believe my wife will come here after an NOA2 or application approval on a SOFA card, and she'll be waiting in Germany for the interview and medical - so we should be together...hopefully.

I thought there was 3 places that did medicals? Munich, Frankfurt and Berlin? Are they all slam packed?

I am not sure about the places in Berlin and Munich, I couldn’t find any information about those doctor offices. The only one I’ve found was the one in Frankfurt and you can book an appointment online via Doctolib website or app. You can book that already without having an interview yet, just in case or to be prepared. They also tell you that they accept the medical to arrive after the interview at the embassy due to the high work load. But if I find out anything about the other medical places I’ll let you know. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, myjourney123 said:

I am not sure about the places in Berlin and Munich, I couldn’t find any information about those doctor offices. The only one I’ve found was the one in Frankfurt and you can book an appointment online via Doctolib website or app. You can book that already without having an interview yet, just in case or to be prepared. They also tell you that they accept the medical to arrive after the interview at the embassy due to the high work load. But if I find out anything about the other medical places I’ll let you know. 

Checked and my package was delivered at 10:25pm last night. I guess they went back?

I will see if I can find the document from the consulate on the other two places that they accept medicals from.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/FRN-Frankfurt.html#medical_exam_instructions

U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt, Germany - FRN

Please follow the steps below before your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt, Germany.

Step 1: Register for visa delivery

Registering provides us with the information we need to return your visa packet to you after your interview. Registration is free. Click the “Register” button below to register.

Register >>

Step 2: Documents required

You must provide certain documents to the consulate on your interview day even if you previously submitted them to USCIS or NVC. We have created a checklist that will tell you what to bring.

Document Checklist >>

Step 3: Get a medical exam in Germany

Click the “Medical Exam Instructions” button below for a list of designated doctors’ offices. Please schedule and attend a medical exam with one of these doctors before your interview. 

Medical Exam Instructions >>

Step 4: Review interview guidelines

Read our interview guidelines to learn about any special actions that you need to take before your visa interview.

Interview Guidelines >>

Medical Exam Instructions

All immigrant visa applicants, regardless of age, require a medical examination prior to the issuance of a visa. Only a physician accredited by the U.S. Consulate can perform this exam. It is your responsibility to schedule and attend a medical exam with one of the doctors listed below before your visa interview at the U.S. Consulate. Medical examination results from other physicians will not be accepted. ATTENTION: The medical exam report is valid for six (6) months only. Your visa's validity will be limited to the expiration date of your medical exam.

Approved Physicians:

BERLIN

Dr. Ilka Knur
Dr. Heiko Zürcher
Dr. Ingo Prack
im Ärztehaus am Europa-Center
Nürnberger Straße 67
10787 Berlin
Tel: 030-212 80480
Email: gesundheit@praevenioberlin.de

1 minute ago, jace5869 said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/FRN-Frankfurt.html#medical_exam_instructions

U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt, Germany - FRN

Please follow the steps below before your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt, Germany.

Step 1: Register for visa delivery

Registering provides us with the information we need to return your visa packet to you after your interview. Registration is free. Click the “Register” button below to register.

Register >>

Step 2: Documents required

You must provide certain documents to the consulate on your interview day even if you previously submitted them to USCIS or NVC. We have created a checklist that will tell you what to bring.

Document Checklist >>

Step 3: Get a medical exam in Germany

Click the “Medical Exam Instructions” button below for a list of designated doctors’ offices. Please schedule and attend a medical exam with one of these doctors before your interview. 

Medical Exam Instructions >>

Step 4: Review interview guidelines

Read our interview guidelines to learn about any special actions that you need to take before your visa interview.

Interview Guidelines >>

Medical Exam Instructions

All immigrant visa applicants, regardless of age, require a medical examination prior to the issuance of a visa. Only a physician accredited by the U.S. Consulate can perform this exam. It is your responsibility to schedule and attend a medical exam with one of the doctors listed below before your visa interview at the U.S. Consulate. Medical examination results from other physicians will not be accepted. ATTENTION: The medical exam report is valid for six (6) months only. Your visa's validity will be limited to the expiration date of your medical exam.

Approved Physicians:

BERLIN

Dr. Ilka Knur
Dr. Heiko Zürcher
Dr. Ingo Prack
im Ärztehaus am Europa-Center
Nürnberger Straße 67
10787 Berlin
Tel: 030-212 80480
Email: gesundheit@praevenioberlin.de

Thank you so much for sharing this information 🙂 and so happy that your documents got delivered! Let’s hope for a fast processing. 

• 5 months later...
On 3/20/2022 at 4:55 PM, milimelo said:

You’ll pay fees at interview - bring a credit card. 

Where to send required evidence - address of consular section in Frankfurt would be my guess. 

Hi, I know that the thread is a bit older but maybe some of you are still active :) 

I have my interview appointment on tuesday next week (we went through DCF as well)

Can I also pay the fee cash? I do not have a credit card and I'm pretty sure that they won't let my husband into die consulat 😕

and how much is the fee?

DCF Frankfurt

• September 13, 2022: Contacted US Consulate in Frankfurt with copy of offer from petitioners work
  • September 14, 2022: Consulate writes back and asks for copy of petitioners’ residence permit. Response sent same day. 
  • September 15, 2022: Consulate chooses to accept I-130 petition (consular filing)
  • September 19, 2022: I-130 application sent to consulate
  • September 29, 2022: I-130 application approved by consulate. Second package of documents requested
  • October 5, 2022: Doctor’s appointment in Munich
  • October 10, 2022: Sent package 3 of documents to consulate in Frankfurt 
  • October 20, 2022: Received feedback from consulate about scheduling an interview. Request for interview submitted. 
  • October 23, 2022: Appointment made for November 1st at 8:00 AM
  • November 1, 2022:  Interview appointment in Frankfurt
  • November 2, 2022: Received UPS update that visa got dropped of
  • November 3, 2022: VISA IN HAND! 🥳🥳

8 hours ago, Inx said:

Hi, I know that the thread is a bit older but maybe some of you are still active :) 

I have my interview appointment on tuesday next week (we went through DCF as well)

Can I also pay the fee cash? I do not have a credit card and I'm pretty sure that they won't let my husband into die consulat 😕

and how much is the fee?

Per https://de.usembassy.gov/services/notarials/ they accept cash (USD or Euros) as well. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/fees/fees-visa-services.html#permanent gives you the fee info - $325 for immigrant visa. There will be yet another fee to produce the green card paid to USCIS/DHS before or after entry into the US. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

1 hour ago, milimelo said:

Per https://de.usembassy.gov/services/notarials/ they accept cash (USD or Euros) as well. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/fees/fees-visa-services.html#permanent gives you the fee info - $325 for immigrant visa. There will be yet another fee to produce the green card paid to USCIS/DHS before or after entry into the US. 

Pro tip:  It's OK to go an hour or so early.  We came an hour early.  And got in early.   Also if your spouse is not a German or English native speaker and she doesn't speak either of them perfectly, write to them and ask if you can come as an interpreter.   Otherwise you can't come.  

On 5/3/2022 at 4:19 AM, myjourney123 said:

Are you the petitioner? How long did it take you to get an approval notice via email after you sent your I-130 documents? 
Also, what documents do you have to provide after that step? Thanks in advance 😊

I submitted my I-130 in-person at the Frankfurt consulate on Sept 2, 2022 and was notified for the next step on Sept 8, 2022.

6 hours ago, NurseAndy said:

I submitted my I-130 in-person at the Frankfurt consulate on Sept 2, 2022 and was notified for the next step on Sept 8, 2022.

That's there average.  Mine took 8 days.  Same for the DS260.  The long pole for the DS260 is the police report, and the medical.  And unfortunately, there is only one place to do the medical in Frankfurt.

17 hours ago, NurseAndy said:

Do you need an appointment to submit the I-130 in person? Also can the beneficiary submit the I-130 package or does it have to be then petitioner?

DCF Frankfurt (Approved)

• 30/10/2022   I-130 package sent to US Consulate in Frankfurt
  • 02/11/2022   I-130 Package received by Consulate
  • 16/11/2022  Approval of I-130 and instructions received via email
  • 20/11/2022  DS-260 submitted electronically (Packet 3)
  • 28/11/2022  Packet 3 Approval Received / Request for Interview Sent
  • 29/11/2022  Interview request approved
  • 15/12/2022  Medical Completed in Frankfurt
  • 19/12/2022  Consulate interview - Approved!
  • 22/12/2022  Visa delivered!!
  • 15/02/2023  Flight to DFW, Interview, I-551 stamp received
  • 20/03/2023  Card received

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 3:38 AM, Truth_Seeker said:

That's there average.  Mine took 8 days.  Same for the DS260.  The long pole for the DS260 is the police report, and the medical.  And unfortunately, there is only one place to do the medical in Frankfurt.

My wife did her exam with IOM, including TDAP vaccine, blood tests, and x-rays in Lviv. Then the Russians started shooting missiles at the electrical grid, so she went to Warsaw, got her Johnson's Covid vaccine there, and had the Covid confirmation sent from Warsw to the Doctor that did her exam in Lviv, and that doctor then completed the case. So we started our medical stuff in Ukraine, and finished it in Warsaw... the rule is that doctor that open the case is the one that has to close it, however...

Frankfurt said that they will accept any medical exam completion so long as it's CDC approved. That means you could do the medical in almost any country - as most countries have a list of CDC approved medical examiners.

On 10/25/2022 at 2:39 PM, Andrew+MM said:

Do you need an appointment to submit the I-130 in person? Also can the beneficiary submit the I-130 package or does it have to be then petitioner?

Yes, I had to make an appointment  to drop off the I-130 packet, but I got the impression that the "time" of the appointment is less relevant than the day. For example, I think I could have gone there earlier on the day of my appointment, and I don't think they would have cared (but it's best to ask the consulate). I'm not sure if my beneficiary-wife could have dropped off the I-130.

You could email the Frankfurt consulate with any question. They respond rather quickly (in a day or two).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.