TO285

Travel insurance with covid medical coverage recommendations?

11 posts in this topic

Planning to head to the Philippines in August to see the Fiancee / get married (if we don't get married online before then.) I need to find travel insurance that meets the requirements to enter the PH. Anyone have any recommendations?

Allianz was offered by the airline but it was expensive and didn't cover much.. Was looking at Tinleg, Seven Corners and some others.

Check with your health insurance if they already have coverage.  BCBS has coverage, so they just mailed my a statement to take and show for coverage for my travel in May.

I got Generali Global Assistance. It was about $70 for 2 weeks. I printed the part on their site that stated they cover Covid hospitalizations but no one asked or checked for that.

2 hours ago, hunny&me said:

Check with your health insurance if they already have coverage.  BCBS has coverage, so they just mailed my a statement to take and show for coverage for my travel in May.

I have the same. Please report back and tell us how that works for you.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

34 minutes ago, TerrySF said:

I got Generali Global Assistance. It was about $70 for 2 weeks. I printed the part on their site that stated they cover Covid hospitalizations but no one asked or checked for that.

I heard it is a cursory glance when it comes to the insurance thing because they are not sure what it should look like))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

13 hours ago, Carpe Vinum said:

I have the same. Please report back and tell us how that works for you.

I have no doubt on mine.  got 2 letters.  One is the global coverage, and the other is the Covid-19 coverage.  Our plans can be different.  So it is best to ask your provider.

image.thumb.png.8b21f3dc59a00f14cd7de08f07e3928b.png

Another option you can try - I booked a Marriott hotel in Manila.  Prior to confirmation, it offered me a travel insurance from Allianz for $20.  After booking, I went to access my travel insurance online from Allianz to see if legit.. And saw it there, you can also adjust it.  From 3 days, I adjusted it to 17 days (duration of my stay in Philippines).. and it allowed adjustment without additional payment.

We used https://www.trawickinternational.com/   It explicitly covers COVID and was reasonably priced.  We never had to make a claim so I can't say how that would go but it seems good.  It was like $85 a month for me and $27 a month for the wife.  Price difference due to age gap.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/13/2022 at 4:37 PM, TO285 said:

Planning to head to the Philippines in August to see the Fiancee / get married (if we don't get married online before then.) I need to find travel insurance that meets the requirements to enter the PH. Anyone have any recommendations?

Allianz was offered by the airline but it was expensive and didn't cover much.. Was looking at Tinleg, Seven Corners and some others.

I just paid $25 to Seven Corners for 18 days of coverage with $100,000 medical emergency coverage (covid 19 medical coverage is included). Best deal I found. Trip is upcoming in April. I think it was called roundtrip basic package. It was through SquareMouth.com 

GoReady Insurance through Squaremouth. Paid 22 scoots..

Most employer sponsored insurance will have Covid coverage and will also likely cover you overseas for a certain period of time.  The standard is generally up to 90 continuous days outside of the US, however if you have employer sponsored insurance, I would suggest calling them on if and how long you are covered outside of the US and then have them send you a letter specifying their Covid coverage.  

If you do not have employer sponsored insurance or your coverage doesnt include Covid, I would suggest using this site for quickly comparing Traveler insurance options:

https://www.squaremouth.com/

Edit: Mojito makes reference to it in his post.

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.