2,967 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Sasacb said:

I hired a lawyer With a lot experience on mandamus!

I paid 5k 😭😭😭😭

She told me I’ll hear a good news very soon base on my case that she look at it !

she’s from MA and can help anyone in anywhere in the world 

Oh even if she is not in nyc area she still can do this for other states? Is there anyway you can share her contact information ? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Evasn said:

Oh even if she is not in nyc area she still can do this for other states? Is there anyway you can share her contact information ? 

Yes she can take cases from all over the world ! That’s what she told me ! 
Melanie Shapiro 781-461-0100

On 9/13/2022 at 2:43 AM, steve_o said:

I360 approved on Dec 2020. No news for i485 yet.. Newark L.O

Same Newark pending since Feb 2022 i360 approval. 

I relocated to a different state and it delayed my case by over a year. Scared to move again. Otherwise, I don’t mind living in Wyoming or Alaska to get a speedy approval. :D

Edited by Double

3 hours ago, Sasacb said:

Yes it was under my vawa case I filled in 2018 and the USCIS only ask for 1 RFE in September 2018 “good moral character” . 
since 2018 I never heard anything from them .

3 prima facie 3 work permit .

my attorney name is Melanie Shapiro her number 781-461-0100

Wishing you success with this bold step. 👏🏼
Hope you receive celebratory news. 🎉 

Filed: Country: Togo
Timeline

can somebody help me with a website where i can print my abusive wife criminal record and rent history because she broke the lease when we were together and left me announced to another state but right now the immigration want me to give more evidence to my claim.i need help fast

5 hours ago, Sasacb said:

Yes she can take cases from all over the world ! That’s what she told me ! 
Melanie Shapiro 781-461-0100

Thank you !!!! I wish you to get the positive outcome as soon as possible !!!!

Do you know how long it usually takes to get the answer ?

Edited by Evasn

20 hours ago, ax1990 said:

Likely transferred to local office for interview or medical rfe if interview is waived. You are almost there.

Thank you, I am looking to getting the letter to see, where it has been transferred to, I wonder how long does it take for them to send out a letter for interview or for medical, once it's at local office,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Timileyin said:

can somebody help me with a website where i can print my abusive wife criminal record and rent history because she broke the lease when we were together and left me announced to another state but right now the immigration want me to give more evidence to my claim.i need help fast

Call (or visit) your local police department for advice regarding the criminal record.

Unless someone has better ideas, try to get a letter from the landlord regarding the broken lease and renter's history.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Evasn said:

Thank you !!!! I wish you to get the positive outcome as soon as possible !!!!

Do you know how long it usually takes to get the answer ?

My attorney told me the USCIS can take up to 90 days to answer the mandamus’ 

but usually they answer within 20-30days after they received the notification from the federal court 

1 hour ago, Aarontx90 said:

Thank you, I am looking to getting the letter to see, where it has been transferred to, I wonder how long does it take for them to send out a letter for interview or for medical, once it's at local office,

Keep us posted if you can.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 9/13/2022 at 8:17 PM, HustlingStill said:

Family i got my deficiency notice for i485 which was issued in august 23rd how long is the wait to get an RFE for medical? 

Please let me know ! i am tired of this journey  

The deficiency notice is the beginning of the screening process.  You have months to wait.  Also, being in NY, you most likely have one year before you are placed in line for either interview or waiver.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

On 9/14/2022 at 1:39 PM, Sasacb said:

Yes it was under my vawa case I filled in 2018 and the USCIS only ask for 1 RFE in September 2018 “good moral character” . 
since 2018 I never heard anything from them .

3 prima facie 3 work permit .

my attorney name is Melanie Shapiro her number 781-461-0100

What was a reason for your case delayed 

I today learnt many things about mandamus after several consultations with various attorneys, I filed VAWA in 2020 when the processing times were only 11-14 months and later increased to around 21 months in 2021 and now 26 months. Means I dont wait 26months and that USCIS processing times are never accurate. They have merely increased these processing times closer to 2 yrs to avoid such law suits against them. 

With all due respect I waited for more than 2 years, now I fear looking at other cases and dont find a definitive timeline for decision. I have suffered enough, waited enough and been through a lot and I was this trauma to end. I took many chances in life and survived this far, I am going to take my final chance with this case and file mandamus. I am positive I will hear back soemthing by end of year and keep you posted.

Hope my path gives guidance to others who need the relief too.

Thanks to @shiva3 who first put this thought into me

Timeline
1 hour ago, Section12 said:

What was a reason for your case delayed 

I don’t know that’s why I hired  a lawyer to write a mandamus to force USCIS take action on my process 

Edited by Sasacb

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.