2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Demise said:

Did you live in US from 2015-2018? VAWA asks for police clearances or background checks for the 3 years preceding you filing the application.

Police clearance,  no I did not

1 minute ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

I'm guessing they wanted a foreign one and you didn't provide it. 

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 minutes ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

Did you get police clearance from home country and state from where you lived since married to respond to RFE.  Also, did you make sure they were all in your alias names.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hi fam, 

I have an issue, I contacted the Congress person to check on the status of the i-824 form and they sent a physical mail to my house address where my abuser lives instead of sending me an email or my safe address even tho I provided them with attorney’s office as my safe address 

I don’t know what to do or what information this mail might contain as of my case receipt number, my statement, and the type of case I have with USCIS. (Luckily this is a 824 form instead of the original 360)

it’s really annoying that they sent a mail to the address even tho I stated that I would like to be contacted by email and provided them with an email. I’m worried and this now added to the stress of waiting for the approval 

I don’t know what to do, I’m worried he will receive my mail and open it 

Edited by J2020

8 minutes ago, J2020 said:

Hi fam, 

I have an issue, I contacted the Congress person to check on the status on my form and they sent a physical mail to my house address where my abuser lives instead of sending me an email even tho I provided my attorney’s address as my safe address 

I don’t know what to do or what information this mail might contain as of my case receipt number, my statement, and the type of case I have with USCIS. 

Do you still live together?

if not, does the abuser know where you live now? 

I mean, he will probably open the letter and will see your case number etc. I do not believe that their response will include details of your statement, but I might be mistaken.

The fact that he will know your case # will not change much/help him with anything, so I wouldn’t worry about it unless it results in him trying to contact/threat you etc. If the later happens, call the police asap.

And contact your congressperson to ask what the heck is going on. This is not ok, to say the least. 

Edited by Zzz___1

2 minutes ago, Zzz___1 said:

Do you still live together?

if not, does the abuser know where you live now? 

I mean, he will probably open the letter and will see your case number etc. I do not believe that their response will include details of your statement, but I might be mistaken.

The fact that he will know your case # will not change much/help him with anything, so I wouldn’t worry about it unless it results in him trying to contact/threat you etc. If the later happens, call the police asap.

The issue is all my belongings are still in the house because we still haven’t finalized the divorce and I’m stuck overseas processing my case.

and him trying to sabotage the process of my case is a worrisome. I don’t understand the Congress office isn’t careful with such info and now this might cause an issue with my attorney as well since she has been trying to help me stay safe and process my case without issues with my spouse 

Edited by J2020

7 minutes ago, J2020 said:

Hi fam, 

I have an issue, I contacted the Congress person to check on the status on my form and they sent a physical mail to my house address where my abuser lives instead of sending me an email even tho I provided my attorney’s address as my safe address 

I don’t know what to do or what information this mail might contain as of my case receipt number, my statement, and the type of case I have with USCIS. 

My guess is that USCIS sent you one of those generic letters that don't always answer your questions. Generally, they don't respond to inquiries, even when they are made by petitioners, so there is no need to worry.  

Just now, J2020 said:

The issue is all my belongings are still in the house because we still haven’t finalized the divorce and I’m stuck overseas processing my case.

Ok, I see.

Well, at least he won’t be able to get to you.

as for the belongings, the only thing left is to wait and see what happens and how he will react. That is unfortunate. I am sorry. The main thing,though,  is that this will not affect your case. Material things, on the other hand, can be restored.

Just now, Royal Seed said:

My guess is that USCIS sent you one of those generic letters that don't always answer your questions. Generally, they don't respond to inquiries, even when they are made by petitioners, so there is no need to worry.  

The lady that contacted me said that they just mailed them the processing time which is 11.5 months. But I’m worried that they also attached the form I submitted to the Congress office containing a letter with details of the case 😖💔

1 minute ago, J2020 said:

The lady that contacted me said that they just mailed them the processing time which is 11.5 months. But I’m worried that they also attached the form I submitted to the Congress office containing a letter with details of the case 😖💔

Oh, so that’s not even an inquiry about 360, right? 
Then he might not even figure it out.

No, I highly doubt that USCIS will attach the form. They will probably say something like “Thx for inquiring on the form XXX” and some general statement about your case status.

He can’t sabotage your immigration case, no one will listen to what the abuser got to say. He can cry all he wants, but his opinion is still irrelevant. 

3 hours ago, Demise said:

Did the court make you come in person or did they give you a link for legal zoom?

Confirmed remote  appearance still ok. Here’s the how to for requesting ,  IF you still choose to :

https://www.justice.gov/eoir-operational-status

Unrepresented respondents in non-detained cases who wish to appear by Openvoice or Webex should contact the immigration court for instructions.

On 7/7/2022 at 7:49 PM, Otg said:

I have i360 approved letter with deferred of action, I also have expired B1/B2 visa. Can I use these to apply for TWIC Card required for  maritime workers. Pls anybody that knows should advise. 

I tried to get a TWIC as a transportation worker too. Been told over the phone - NO. A lot of different categories can get it but for some reason seems like I360, C9 or C31 nope. You should probably ask somebody who knows more. Just adding my 2 cents

1 hour ago, Zzz___1 said:

Oh, so that’s not even an inquiry about 360, right? 
Then he might not even figure it out.

No, I highly doubt that USCIS will attach the form. They will probably say something like “Thx for inquiring on the form XXX” and some general statement about your case status.

He can’t sabotage your immigration case, no one will listen to what the abuser got to say. He can cry all he wants, but his opinion is still irrelevant. 

Thank you, this is reassuring ❣️ Yes I’m glad at least this was about the I-824, the Congressperson’s office wrote the receipt number in their letter but it will just show as “action on an approved petition” 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, J2020 said:

Hi fam, 

I have an issue, I contacted the Congress person to check on the status of the i-824 form and they sent a physical mail to my house address where my abuser lives instead of sending me an email or my safe address even tho I provided them with attorney’s office as my safe address 

I don’t know what to do or what information this mail might contain as of my case receipt number, my statement, and the type of case I have with USCIS. (Luckily this is a 824 form instead of the original 360)

it’s really annoying that they sent a mail to the address even tho I stated that I would like to be contacted by email and provided them with an email. I’m worried and this now added to the stress of waiting for the approval 

They never send email.  It is always by mail.     

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.