2,967 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DanyT. said:

Hey folks,

On July 7th I finally received a letter from Miami office asking for my medical exams RFE. It says they need it to make a final decision on my case. 

do you think the are going to make a decision as soon as they receive the results or do you think after they receive it they are going to schedule an interview?

Dany.

Woo hoo! 
looks like your interview is going to be waived! 

10 hours ago, steve_o said:

I am also stuck at the background check process.  I have been waiting for 1.5  since i360 approval. I contacted my congressman and senator office about my i485 case but I always received same answer “we are unable to determine at this time when the background checks for the application will be completed” hope we can hear good news soon! Keep praying! 

Hi 

Wanted to know whether you file has already been transferred to your local office. 

Or is it having Vermont as jurisdiction center.

9 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hey folks,

On July 7th I finally received a letter from Miami office asking for my medical exams RFE. It says they need it to make a final decision on my case. 

do you think the are going to make a decision as soon as they receive the results or do you think after they receive it they are going to schedule an interview?

Dany.

After how many months from when your file has been transferred to your local office from Vermont or NBC?

Did you also encounter any background check delays so far?

Edited by Rhema1

14 hours ago, steve_o said:

I am also stuck at the background check process.  I have been waiting for 1.5  since i360 approval. I contacted my congressman and senator office about my i485 case but I always received same answer “we are unable to determine at this time when the background checks for the application will be completed” hope we can hear good news soon! Keep praying! 

Yea I've been getting same answers from congressman for 2.5 years. I hope we'll get all great answers asap 

3 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

Hi 

Wanted to know whether you file has already been transferred to your local office. 

Or is it having Vermont as jurisdiction center.

I think My I485 was in Newark office because I had filed i130, & later i shifted to i360. I haven’t renewed i485 and I just kept on hold until i360 approval. 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

After how many months from when your file has been transferred to your local office from Vermont or NBC?

Did you also encounter any background check delays so far?

My I360 was approved on February/2022. Also on February I received a deficiency notice for my medical exam but it said to not send anything until I receive a RFE or an interview notice.  I never received any status change for the transfer between Vermont and the local office, Miami. 

1 hour ago, DanyT. said:

My I360 was approved on February/2022. Also on February I received a deficiency notice for my medical exam but it said to not send anything until I receive a RFE or an interview notice.  I never received any status change for the transfer between Vermont and the local office, Miami. 

Thanks. 

Your I-360 approval is two months ahead of mine. 

Did not have any transfers notices also from Vermont to NBC

But through a service request, my congressman informed me that it was transferred to NBC exactly within too months after approval. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hello all,

Although I don't connect often I have been a silent follower of this valuable forum. Congratulations to all the approved and those waiting keep faith the day is coming soon.

I filed for ead renewal (C31) and AP (I131) on February 2022 and today both cases got approved. I-485 is still pending 16 months after I-360 approval (NYC queens).

Below is a screenshot of the timeline of the two petitions.

Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 13.42.15.jpg

Edited by Maridade

54 minutes ago, Maridade said:

Hello all,

Although I don't connect often I have been a silent follower of this valuable forum. Congratulations to all the approved and those waiting keep faith the day is coming soon.

I filed for ead renewal (C31) and AP (I131) on February 2022 and today both cases got approved. I-485 is still pending 16 months after I-360 approval (NYC queens).

So your i-485 pending for last 16 months? 

Have you contact USCIS or your congress person?

I am in NYC as well. My VAWA got approved 4 months ago and i am so desperate for the interview. But you are there for 16 months already. I guess i should not have my hopes high at this moment. 

2 hours ago, Maridade said:

Hello all,

Congratulations !! Did you get a combo card or just both separate? How long work Auth and AP are valid . I've heard they give work authorization for 2 years now. What about AP? 

23 minutes ago, Evasn said:

Hi everyone ,

Could you please tell me what documents you need to attach for AP ? Also what's the reason you put in the section of I131

You just need form i-131, 2 passport size pics, a copy of current EAD and a copy of i-485 of you paid for i-485, or check/money order.

You do not need to put any reason. 

Yes it is for 2 years now. If both AP and EAD approve at the same time then you will get combo card and it is for 2 years. USCIS rarely approves sperate as well then in that case you will get paper based AP valid for 1 year.  

15 minutes ago, balo101 said:

You just need form i-131, 2 passport size pics, a copy of current EAD and a copy of i-485 of you paid for i-485, or check/money order.

You do not need to put any reason. 

Yes it is for 2 years now. If both AP and EAD approve at the same time then you will get combo card and it is for 2 years. USCIS rarely approves sperate as well then in that case you will get paper based AP valid for 1 year.  

Thank you very much 

5 hours ago, Maridade said:

Hello all,

Congratulations!

Will it be a combo card?

Can C31.(EAD/AP ) approved the same day be a combo card?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.