what a journey!!!

once again, thank you all 

Congratulations. Can you share your timeline please 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mira20 said:

Card at hand

:dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi I've been silently yet religiously following the treads since part 23. 

The posts help me working up the courage to get my life back, so thank you all 🙏 

Here I have some questions about traveling, hope you can enlighten me with your insight. 

My application was filed in May, and I just received the courtesy receipt copies through my lawyer. 

Last year before sending out the packet, my lawyer suggested me not to travel even WITHIN STATES as I have been out of status. By the time, she said it would be safer for me to travel after receiving the receipt notice. Now having the receipts, she again strongly suggested me to stay put, reasoning "if someone investigates your visa and see you're out of status that could be very unpleasant for you."

Will there really be a risk for me to travel within states? 

Doesn't I-485 pending applicants have the legal right to stay in US? So technically I'm no longer out of status? 

Since we're on the topic of traveling, I also have some questions regarding the Advanced Parole.

When we sent out the application, we didn't include the I-131 form for AP. At the time, my lawyer told me I have to pay the filing fee around $500-ish, which I did not have, and also I was too scared to be denied entry because of the 10-year ban. Recently, I saw several VAWA petitioners with AP shared that they successfully traveled back without any issue. I haven't been back to my country for 8 years, was in the abusive relationship for 5, and my family had no idea what I had been through. It would really mean a lot if I am able to visit. 

My question is-- am I still able to apply for the AP? When should I do so? Do I have to pay for the application?

Thank you in advanced! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, charmander22 said:

If you're really unlucky.  However, if you keep copies of the receipts with you -- and, later, subsequent documentation of your progressing status -- you should be fine.

This thread may be helpful:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/562879-cbp-at-tsa-airport-checkpoints-why-theyre-there-how-best-to-handle/#entry7784682

The only risk would be with any CBP agents whom you might encounter, at airport security or within a 100-mile radius of the Mexican border.  They should be mollified upon being shown whatever your current papers are.  Most at airports won't ask.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, charmander22 said:

My question is-- am I still able to apply for the AP? When should I do so? Do I have to pay for the application?

Thank you in advanced! 

No fee needed, you can file I-131 ( AP) , just send copy of pending I-485. But….you did not need to pay the fee when your attorney filed the I -485. ..see page 14. So not getting good vibe from your attorney here. 

1 hour ago, Hope21 said:

Removal P. Administratively closed till decision of Vawa .  Vawa 2019 September and no decision yet. 

Nothing to do at this point.

Once you get an I-360 approval there's 2 ways to go about this.

1. Have to lawyer reach out to ICE and ask if they are willing to dismiss if they agree then wait for the judge's decision to their motion to dismiss and file I-485 with USCIS.

2. Have your lawyer file a motion to recalendar to put the admin closed case back on the court docket and file I-485 with the court if you haven't already.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, charmander22 said:

The posts help me working up the courage to get my life back, so thank you all 🙏 

Here I have some questions about traveling, hope you can enlighten me with your insight. 

My application was filed in May, and I just received the courtesy receipt copies through my lawyer. 

Last year before sending out the packet, my lawyer suggested me not to travel even WITHIN STATES as I have been out of status. By the time, she said it would be safer for me to travel after receiving the receipt notice. Now having the receipts, she again strongly suggested me to stay put, reasoning "if someone investigates your visa and see you're out of status that could be very unpleasant for you."

Doesn't I-485 pending applicants have the legal right to stay in US? So technically I'm no longer out of status? 

Since we're on the topic of traveling, I also have some questions regarding the Advanced Parole.

When we sent out the application, we didn't include the I-131 form for AP. At the time, my lawyer told me I have to pay the filing fee around $500-ish, which I did not have, and also I was too scared to be denied entry because of the 10-year ban. Recently, I saw several VAWA petitioners with AP shared that they successfully traveled back without any issue. I haven't been back to my country for 8 years, was in the abusive relationship for 5, and my family had no idea what I had been through. It would really mean a lot if I am able to visit. 

Thank you in advanced! 

You have to pay to file form I-131 or you can ask Uscis to waive the fees, file form I-912.if you are not in removal proceedings or if you don't have an asylum pending you can travel without any problem.They will take 6/8 months to issue the advance parole.

15 hours ago, charmander22 said:

Thank you in advanced! 

Travel in US will be fine, just have an ID and the I-485 receipt letter to prove that you are here legally. Pending I-485 isn't a status per se but it is a period of authorized stay, so you are out of status but legally in US. That being said, if you fly on something like a driver's license, the TSA agent will just look it over, look at you, look at the boarding pass, and that's the last time anyone will ask to see your ID.

Travel on AP won't be an issue as long as you're not in removal proceedings. BIA ruled back in 2012 in Matter of Arrabally that travel on AP does not trigger re-entry bars associated with being out of status.

Whether you need to pay the filing fee for I-131 for AP depends on whether or not you paid the filing fee for I-485.

If yes then no you don't have to pay for initial or renewal I-131.

If no and you got a fee waiver, then you will need to pay for I-131 or submit another waiver request using form I-912.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/20/2022 at 9:54 AM, God is a good God said:

I had a 204c fraud on my i130, got a NOID on my i360 but responded with new proofs and gave them any single things they asked in the NOID except i didn’t have new photos , new notorized letters from friends and family,…3 weeks after sending my NOID response, i got approved. When you receive a NOID you have to go through it sentence by sentence and give them what they want. If they mentioned some discrepancies justify it in your personal declaration and relate the all story from how you met, dating, marriage, abuse, …. That’s what I did and it worked

What is your timeline please and when did you get approval? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.