2,967 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Hugefaith said:

Hi everyone, I have been a silent reader for a while. This thread has been very helpful and I appreciate all contributors. 
 I filed I360 in Nov 2019 then I485,I765 and advance parol March 2020. I’ve received 3PF, no RFE. On March 14, I received an update that I485 is transferred to another office and a letter will be sent. I received the same notice the following day but got only one letter stating my case has been transferred to NBC. I’ve not gotten any update on I360 no approval nor C31 yet. Then last week I submitted a service request on my I485 and it has my city code at the end. I submitted for I360 too just to see if that will have VSC at the end but it has my city at the end also. Should I be worried? What can I do? It’s been over 2 months since my I485 was transferred but nothing on vawa yet. Also I didn’t send any medical with my forms and I haven’t gotten any medical deficiency yet

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj

this means that all your files has been transferred to your local office via NBC

You can just wait to see the outcome of it or you can also schedule an infopass to your local office for whatsoever reasons. While there, they will give you all the updates about the case,for they have it now under their jurisdiction. For the reason why Vermont transferred all your files there, I can't tell. Those more experimented on this thread will give you their insights. 

Edited by Rhema1

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/22/2022 at 10:03 PM, Engineering-rocks said:

Hi friends, long time no see! It's been over a year since I've had my GC and I still can't get over how good it feels after all the waiting.

I'm getting married soon, seeking some advice about name change. Should I do it now? Is it mandatory to apply for a new GC or can I keep using the one with maiden name?

Another option I'm considering is waiting 1.5y and changing name while applying for naturalization, but haven't seen details specific to Houston (I'd have to go to court instead of local office?) and idk if this would extend naturalization process by a few months?

Thanks in advance.

You can use the green card that you have until your GC expires.To change your name with USCIS during the naturalization will take a little bit more  time ,2/3 months. Do you know about the five- year rule to sponsor someone right?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, sandranj said:

You can use the green card that you have until your GC expires.To change your name with USCIS during the naturalization will take a little bit more  time ,2/3 months. Do you know about the five- year rule to sponsor someone right?

Hi thanks for your response. No I didn't know about the rule. My fiance is a citizen, but I was hoping to sponsor my mom once I get my naturalization done. Would I have to wait another year (3 with GC + 1 year wait after applying for citizenship) to sponsor her?

41 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Hi thanks for your response. No I didn't know about the rule. My fiance is a citizen, but I was hoping to sponsor my mom once I get my naturalization done. Would I have to wait another year (3 with GC + 1 year wait after applying for citizenship) to sponsor her?

You can only sponsor someone if you clock the 5 years of being a green card holder or when you become a US citizen. 

In another word, the day you HOLD your naturalization certificate in hand. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

You can only sponsor someone if you clock the 5 years of being a green card holder or when you become a US citizen. 

In another word, the day you HOLD your naturalization certificate in hand. 

Ok perfect phew lol. Thank you. I know I cannot sponsor parents with a GC anyway, so that shouldn't change anything for me since I'm not sponsoring a spouse.

Please I need help for a friend that received  a denial notice, attorney says to file a new application but that I think is a wrong advise in this situation. Owner approved to bring it to this great platform on way forward. Your help and opinion will be appreciated. Thank you all 

cc @sandranj

8685FFF2-BC1B-4891-8FDC-D636DB45931A.jpeg

Edited by Ontarkie
attachment removed, personal information showing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One of the attachments has been removed. Please black out all and any personal information such as case numbers, file numbers and anything similar. These are identifying information and some with not good intentions can easily use.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

1 hour ago, Mira20 said:

Please I need help for a friend that received  a denial notice, attorney says to file a new application but that I think is a wrong advise in this situation. Owner approved to bring it to this great platform on way forward. Your help and opinion will be appreciated. Thank you all 

cc @sandranj

Please delete this attachment. You need to blank out the A number and the receipt # for security reasons before posting anything. Thank you.

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quote to remove attachment containing personal information

17 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

~~One of the attachments has been removed. Please black out all and any personal information such as case numbers, file numbers and anything similar. These are identifying information and some with not good intentions can easily use.~~

Please can you please delete the one quoted by a member?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Mira20 said:

cc @sandranj

She can file an appeal with proof of her divorce.  Otherwise, she is denied.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

On 5/12/2022 at 9:04 AM, sandranj said:

I believe that you are confused about how the adjustment of status works. In  case of separation from your spouse  you cannot find a sponsor and pretend that you are living together with your spouse. In order to file a VAWA, you must prove abuse, and you do not need a sponsor or to adjust your status based on marriage, and you must live with your spouse.

Hi Sandranj, 

Thank you for your advice. I have lived with my spouse and he has kicked me out of the house many times. Kicking me out is the only physical abuse with texts and motel/airbnb receipts to prove it. and plenty of emails and texts on emotional and the psychological, on abuse i think i have a strong case. pending i485,765 and 131 since early march. we are still married but i have been out alone for more than 5 weeks, not filed vawa yet because i have been busy with other more important things. Do i need to live with them when i submit?

Hi everybody,

I am out on my own since Easter more than 5 weeks, but I am feeling weak. He wants me back, he always wants me back but even his love emails to me has plenty of unintentional verbal abuse and bullying that he doesn't get that he is doing (when he is intentionally verbally angry/verbally hurting me it is 3 times worse). But I miss my stepchildren and the good times we have had as a family. I really have no friends and family here, may i have some advice from anyone out here to encourage me not to go back please? I am hoping this is the right place to ask this? I find myself thinking... is verbal and emotional abuse really that bad? the truth is I am afraid of bumping into them (and my even more verbally abusive in-laws) every time i go outdoors because i dont know if i have the strength to say no to them. I am also afraid of signing rental contracts in case they find me and i can't escape them again. 

I couldnt get the non-profit immigration legal services place to talk to me at all. I got here after researching what are my options and after 2 weeks i found myself here. at least i am not scared about immigration issues any more! I am also not successful with looking for a job ( I have not filed my vawa and i have pending i485 i765 on marriage with US citizen). 

I am signing up for community college courses for summer and nursing lvn course for the fall, it has been very trying because of documentation and transcript problems. I got myself In-District student rates finally and am now studying for my nursing TEAS entrance test that I have to score well in for my nursing application, but my mind is missing my stepchildren and the soon-to-be ex-husband that i still love. 

Thank you. 

Edited by NewPaths

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Mira20 said:

Please can you please delete the one quoted by a member?

Done

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.