Shemp

what are the latest Philippine travel requirements for US citizens?

17 posts in this topic

I'm getting conflicting info on what is needed now for travel to the Philippines. Other than vax records and recent covid test, are there any other covid hoops through which to jump when visiting the lovely and wondrous Philippines?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

*** I have moved this topic from Tourist Visas to the Philippines regional discussion area****

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

12 hours ago, TerrySF said:

other than those and a return ticket back home, you will need travel insurance that covers $30k. easy to find and costs about $70. 

It should cover $35K.

Finally done.

still confused about visa requirement.  Including COVID-19 Information from US Embassy in Philippines website below. The "Travelers for whom visas are not required" statement that starts the second paragraph infers that some travelers ARE required visas.(SIGH!):  So, who the hell are THEY?!

• Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter?    Yes.

As of February 10, 2022, the Philippines will grant entry to fully vaccinated visitors from countries that are permitted visa-free travel, including the United States.  Fully vaccinated travelers will no longer be subject to facility-based quarantine upon arrival.  Travelers must present proof of vaccination and negative RT-PCR results from a test taken within 48 hours of departure from their country of origin and must self-monitor for symptoms for seven days after arrival, reporting to local government authorities if they begin to exhibit COVID-19 symptoms.  The same requirements apply to fully vaccinated travelers with valid, existing visas.

Travelers for whom visas are not required also must have a valid ticket to depart the Philippines within 30 days of arrival and a passport valid for at least six months from the date of arrival.  Finally, each traveler must present proof of travel insurance purchased before arrival in the Philippines.  The insurance must cover COVID-19 treatment and have a minimum coverage amount of U.S.$35,000 for the duration of the traveler’s stay in the Philippines.

Edited by Shemp

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are a US passport holder, the RT-PCR test, One Health Pass, CDC vax card (I also carry the WHO yellow card too), health insurance (as mentioned above), and return ticket should be all you need. If you have an SRRVisa for the PI, you don’t need the health insurance. Enjoy! 

I also read somewhere else (can't find it now) that the visa-free lift for foreign nationals has been (recently) reinstated as a requirement. 

Edited by Shemp

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Shemp said:

I also read somewhere else (can't find it now) that the visa-free lift for foreign nationals has been (recently) reinstated as a requirement. 

I am not sure what is meant by "... visa-free lift for foreign nationals has been (recently) reinstated as a requirement."

If you are a USA passport holder, no visa is required.  

1. Vaccine card

2. Covid insurance minimum $35k

3. Plane ticket showing you will leave within 30 days of arrival

4. On health Pass three days before departure flight

5. Traze app three days before departure flight

6. S-Pass permits if the local areas require it to enter

China going crazy with lockdowns now so hopefully the Philippines doesnt shut down again

On 3/14/2022 at 4:04 PM, Jays0n said:

1. Vaccine card

2. Covid insurance minimum $35k

3. Plane ticket showing you will leave within 30 days of arrival

4. On health Pass three days before departure flight

5. Traze app three days before departure flight

6. S-Pass permits if the local areas require it to enter

China going crazy with lockdowns now so hopefully the Philippines doesnt shut down again

I was there 3 weeks ago and was never prompted for the TRAZE app, but I did have it downloaded anyways. The rest of that statement is accurate, and especially focus on #2 and #4 so you're not scrambling like I saw a lot of people doing.

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, check the area you are going to if they are using the S-Pass system if you are flying to the province. When I was in the Philippines November 21 to January 22 they were denying people from boarding the plane without their S-Pass.  

The province my wife and daughter live in still required it at the time and they the local health office had to pick me up once I landed at the airport in Bacolod.  Not the best experience I had to wait at the airport 3 hours until they came to pick me up. Fortunately this requirement has finally been dropped but some areas might still be doing this kind of thing.  

3 hours ago, Kby175 said:

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, check the area you are going to if they are using the S-Pass system if you are flying to the province. When I was in the Philippines November 21 to January 22 they were denying people from boarding the plane without their S-Pass.  

The province my wife and daughter live in still required it at the time and they the local health office had to pick me up once I landed at the airport in Bacolod.  Not the best experience I had to wait at the airport 3 hours until they came to pick me up. Fortunately this requirement has finally been dropped but some areas might still be doing this kind of thing.  

I'm going to Bacolod in a couple of months.  Thanks for the update.

Finally done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.