AmirNL

Iranian / Dutch B2 tourist visa refused because of no military card / no military exemption card !

44 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, millefleur said:

No, I think you misunderstood. What country are you in now? Does that country have an Iranian embassy? The idea is that you, as an Iranian citizen, can go there and ask about this military record. But if you're saying you fled the country and never served in the military, maybe they will not help you anyway.

Well, if that is the case and you cannot furnish this document, you will probably not get a visa until the Iranian military is removed from the list.

I am afraid of this... It is never going to happen. everything and politic relationship gets worse daily between these countries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Has your GF filed a K1?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, AmirNL said:

No, not yet. I do not need K1 visa at all. I can apply for CR1 by end of this year.

Well she applies, a lot of good information on here about the process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, AmirNL said:

But I am wondering what if I wanna live there with my American girlfriend. Would they still look for a reason to refuse my visa ?

Immigrant visas are handled differently. I doubt they can use that reason to keep you out if you’re applying as a spouse however my advice is to see what other Iranians did. Once you can document that there is no possibility anymore to buy your military service off I am sure that will no longer be a criteria to deny you. Everyone including western government officials know it’s practically impossible to renounce Iranian citizenship.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Timeline

I have never heard of anyone immigrating need to buy their military service out from some other country

17 minutes ago, African Zealot said:

Immigrant visas are handled differently. I doubt they can use that reason to keep you out if you’re applying as a spouse however my advice is to see what other Iranians did. Once you can document that there is no possibility anymore to buy your military service off I am sure that will no longer be a criteria to deny you. Everyone including western government officials know it’s practically impossible to renounce Iranian citizenship.

I know a few people who got their visa with the same situation as mine and I know even someone who got his greencard. So, I am gonna see. I do not give up anyway. 

8 hours ago, AmirNL said:

No, not yet. I do not need K1 visa at all. I can apply for CR1 by end of this year.

How?  You would have to be petitioned by a spouse for this.

Filed: Timeline
On 3/1/2022 at 4:04 AM, African Zealot said:

To attempt to answer your question, just be aware the real reason is she’s not inclined to approve your visa and had to find a reason. Asking for the military exemption card is just a convenient way to refuse you. There’s no guarantee she will issue you a visa even if you’re able to do so.

22 hours ago, AmirNL said:

I know. it is true what you say. I have had the feeling that the reason was something else.
But I am wondering what if I wanna live there with my American girlfriend. Would they still look for a reason to refuse my visa ?

The officer does not have to "find" a reason to deny a tourist visa.  They already have an easy means to do so -- 214 (b) immigrant intent -- and start from the premise that the visa should be denied.  There's no reason to look further and give an applicant a chance to provide additional information if they intend to deny the visa anyway.

From the OP's posts, it appears 214(b) would certainly have been applicable -- the quoted post above about maybe wanting to live with his girlfriend and his subsequent post that he can apply for a CR-1 by the end of the year.

They will ask for the military service card during the immigrant visa process also.  Check out what the State Department says about this requirement -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/IranIslamicRepublicof.html

There were reports of a recent discussion (Jan 2022) within the Iranian government about a plan to reinstate the buy-out provision.  I don't know if it was approved or not, but OP might want to check it out.

Edited by jan22

On 3/1/2022 at 9:56 AM, AmirNL said:

I know a few people who got their visa with the same situation as mine and I know even someone who got his greencard. So, I am gonna see. I do not give up anyway. 

It is no wonder you were denied for immigrant intent.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked to further replies. Please see OP's new thread ~~

~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.