sarabou17

just received 2021 tax transcipt- what to do

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey everyone,

At NVC I submitted my 2020 tax return (and 2018 and 2019 transcripts) instead of the 2020 transcript since it was not online to download.  2020 tax return is still not available. This week I filed my taxes online and already I have my 2021 transcript!  We are already DQ and the interview is scheduled.  What should I do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We are in the same situation. Submitted tax transcripts for 2018 & 2019 and tax return with all supporting documentation as, like you said, the transcript was not yet available. We were DQd and just got the interview letters today for both of my husband's parents.

My assumption is that 2021 is not yet required since the deadline for filing is in April therefore what was already submitted is adequate and nothing else needs to be uploaded. I'm hoping someone with knowledge might confirm this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I suggest preparing a new I-864 with the 2021 tax information.  Do not submit it.  Give it to your foreign spouse for them to bring to to the interview. 

If the interview occurs after April 18, the CO may ask for the updated I-864.  Then your spouse can present the new I-864 on the spot.

Timeline

Prep a new AoS package (Form I-864 and attach the 2021 transcript to it) and have your husband take it with him to the interview.

I doubt the CO will ask for it at all, but just have it ready just in case.

Are you taking your initial AoS package to the interview or not?

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Aren't u going over for interview?

take the new IRS  2021 transcripts with u

take 2020 and w2 and the new I 864 

he's interviewing on our anniversary so its good luck to u (kinda of a iroquois legend )

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
On 2/25/2022 at 6:56 PM, tsabbas said:

We are in the same situation. Submitted tax transcripts for 2018 & 2019 and tax return with all supporting documentation as, like you said, the transcript was not yet available. We were DQd and just got the interview letters today for both of my husband's parents.

My assumption is that 2021 is not yet required since the deadline for filing is in April therefore what was already submitted is adequate and nothing else needs to be uploaded. I'm hoping someone with knowledge might confirm this?

Yes thanks I'm sure that 2021 is not required, but we wanted to include it since our 2020 tax return is not processed.  I agree nothing else needs to be uploaded.  Good luck to your parents! :)

Timeline
On 2/25/2022 at 7:03 PM, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I suggest preparing a new I-864 with the 2021 tax information.  Do not submit it.  Give it to your foreign spouse for them to bring to to the interview. 

If the interview occurs after April 18, the CO may ask for the updated I-864.  Then your spouse can present the new I-864 on the spot.

Yes it makes sense not to mess with what is already uploaded.  I do kind of wish I could erase the old i864 EZ replace it with the new one since we have the transcript as well, but I don't know if revising the I864EZ or AOS is even allowed, and would the consulate even see it.  Everyone seems to be saying just bring a new I864 EZ to the interview.  Best of luck!

Timeline
On 2/25/2022 at 7:20 PM, etrangais said:

Prep a new AoS package (Form I-864 and attach the 2021 transcript to it) and have your husband take it with him to the interview.

I doubt the CO will ask for it at all, but just have it ready just in case.

Are you taking your initial AoS package to the interview or not?

Thanks yes we were planning on bringing the original I864-EZ and the 2020 tax return and W2s.  I guess he'll now have the new i864 EZ and transcript on hand as well, but I've heard that they sometimes don't even look at what you brought, and have made their decision before they even start the interview. 😕

Timeline
On 2/25/2022 at 7:55 PM, JeanneAdil said:

Aren't u going over for interview?

take the new IRS  2021 transcripts with u

take 2020 and w2 and the new I 864 

he's interviewing on our anniversary so its good luck to u (kinda of a iroquois legend )

Wow, really?  That's so neat! 🍀 We'll take that good luck! :)  I'm not going no.  And early Happy Anniversary! 🌹

Edited by sarabou17
clarification

Timeline
1 hour ago, sarabou17 said:

Thanks yes we were planning on bringing the original I864-EZ and the 2020 tax return and W2s.  I guess he'll now have the new i864 EZ and transcript on hand as well, but I've heard that they sometimes don't even look at what you brought, and have made their decision before they even start the interview. 😕

What I have learned from The Générale Consulate in Casablanca is that they ask for photos (in case you didn't upload any with the I-130 or with the Civil Documents).

For AoS documents, I don't even think it is required to take them with you to the interview, but I would still advice to take them, just in case

The decision is mostly made based on the documents that are already in their possession. More proof of relation ship would always help

Good luck and please keep us informed on how things go with you guys

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline
On 2/26/2022 at 9:38 PM, etrangais said:

What I have learned from The Générale Consulate in Casablanca is that they ask for photos (in case you didn't upload any with the I-130 or with the Civil Documents).

For AoS documents, I don't even think it is required to take them with you to the interview, but I would still advice to take them, just in case

The decision is mostly made based on the documents that are already in their possession. More proof of relation ship would always help

I sure will!  Thank you!  He'll take the AoS documents and photos.  

Timeline
On 2/26/2022 at 8:39 PM, sarabou17 said:

Wow, really?  That's so neat! 🍀 We'll take that good luck! :)  I'm not going no.  And early Happy Anniversary! 🌹

yep,  March is good 

MIL had interview today for tourist visa and was approved

and Casa seems to be picking up and getting the backlog taken care of

i will pray for your interview on the 15th

Timeline
On 2/26/2022 at 9:38 PM, etrangais said:

If u do not bring them,  they ask for them

when u take them in,  they don't look at them

they observe that u have bought documents and photos to support your case and that's all they need 

the important part is the total packet that  came from NVC as the CO reviews this before the interview

Timeline
On 3/3/2022 at 10:25 AM, JeanneAdil said:

yep,  March is good 

MIL had interview today for tourist visa and was approved

and Casa seems to be picking up and getting the backlog taken care of

i will pray for your interview on the 15th

Oh wow congratulations! Hope you have a wonderful visit! It must be so nice to have family visit!  It does seem like things are picking up.  Hoping more interviews are scheduled soon for all waiting.  I'd like to see more visa approvals in the Morocco portal!  And some more consulate reviews would be so very helpful with as much information as you can provide.  They are gold!  🤩 Thank you Jeanne!  We really appreciate your prayers 🌹🙏  

Timeline
14 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

If u do not bring them,  they ask for them

when u take them in,  they don't look at them

they observe that u have bought documents and photos to support your case and that's all they need 

the important part is the total packet that  came from NVC as the CO reviews this before the interview

LOL that seems about right!  I've read about people spending days and weeks on photos only to not even have them looked at.  I've heard of people even saying after they are approved, "Would you like to look at our photos?"  You put so much time and effort into it!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.