RUJEN

APPROVED

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, RUJEN said:

My better half had her interview om 02-24-22 and the lady Consulate said she was approved !!!

She said the Consulate was very friendly and asked just the basic questions except for one,

She asked how many rooms were in my house.

26 months from 129F to approved, a very long time but well worth it.

IT would not have been possible without all the fine people here on VJ.

Thanks to all that helped along the way..........

Congratulations, take your victories when you can because the race has just started.  Waiting 26 months has prepared you for the next step in the process, AOS.  We are at 16 months and waiting on the interview and no end in sight.

Timeline
10 hours ago, PWB said:

Congratulations, take your victories when you can because the race has just started.  Waiting 26 months has prepared you for the next step in the process, AOS.  We are at 16 months and waiting on the interview and no end in sight.

Thank you, we both know one battle is won with many more to come, we will just take them on as they come, but at least she will be here !!!

On 2/25/2022 at 2:29 PM, RUJEN said:

Thank you, we both know one battle is won with many more to come, we will just take them on as they come, but at least she will be here !!!

Awesome! Congrats! The next battles are easey-peasey compared to the initial, well, stuff! PM me if you want a list of what we submitted along the journey. For now, breathe and enjoy the moment!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Timeline
17 hours ago, Kathy and Jesse said:

How long did it take to get interview from approval?

sent 129F 12-19

NOA2 06-20

sent to Manila 01-22

interview 02-22

Edited by RUJEN

Timeline

I'm wondering with covid (kinda) behind us, the Philippines (NCR) at the lowest alert level, and most of the Philippine government getting back to full capacity, that back logs should be cycling through.  I did some armchair analysis and it looked like that before COVID, there was about 30+ K1's for the PH per month, during COVID (and recently) about 10 per month. 

My hope is that with a -20 per month for about 2 years, the back log should be able to be address and get back to 'normal' cycle times.

Or should I just enjoy my utopian thoughts by myself.. :D 

2 hours ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

I'm wondering with covid (kinda) behind us, the Philippines (NCR) at the lowest alert level, and most of the Philippine government getting back to full capacity, that back logs should be cycling through.  I did some armchair analysis and it looked like that before COVID, there was about 30+ K1's for the PH per month, during COVID (and recently) about 10 per month. 

My hope is that with a -20 per month for about 2 years, the back log should be able to be address and get back to 'normal' cycle times.

Or should I just enjoy my utopian thoughts by myself.. :D 

I'm confused with the 30+ per month.  Last December (2021) it was 376.

image.png.0f47ad031d8f9a28655bb0269f81a7cd.png

For the December (2019) before Covid, it was 492.

image.png.638e0b4dbcadbfe151326e71a594fb0a.png

More data points: December 2018 was 492.  December 2020 was 59.

Seems to me they are ramping up, but I don't think we can know how long the backlog will take given drop outs, reduced submissions, and maybe a new flood now that it has opened back up.

Finally done.

4 hours ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

I did some armchair analysis and it looked like that before COVID, there was about 30+ K1's for the PH per month, during COVID (and recently) about 10 per month.

Pre-COVID, Manila issued 470 K1 visas per month on average.  During COVID, the average dropped to around 40 per month.  Since July 2021, USEM is slowly getting back to pre-COVID visa issuance levels, but it seems the backlog of cases is in the thousands.

Visual representation of the actual K1 issuance statistics at USEM -- https://visawhen.com/consulates/manila/k1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.