Hoba

February 2022

95 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
On 3/10/2022 at 2:40 AM, ws1889 said:

Original submission August 28, 2021. Received RFE on November 16, 2021 for missing 1099 form. Received latest RFE on February 20, 2022 for explanation of why I do not have a w-2. Fingers crossed for this one...

Almost same exact timeline for exact reasons 😅

Original submission August 23, 2021

1st RFE on November 17th, 2021

2nd RFE on February 24, 2022

We were reviewed today! 7 Feb (re)submission date. All documents have been accepted. However, there is a note requesting evidence of my husband - the petitioner’s - divorce decree. Why on Earth would they ask for this now and not during the RFE back in Feb? Of course, it was already included in the docket to USCIS but not once were we informed that it needed to be provided to NVC. Waiting on our attorney to find out if this will set us back 3 months a 2nd time. Wish us luck! ☺️  Good luck to those being reviewed 7 Feb and beyond!

Edited by Redrobot

46 minutes ago, Redrobot said:

there is a note requesting evidence of my husband - the petitioner’s - divorce decree. Why on Earth would they ask for this now and not during the RFE back in Feb? Of course, it was already included in the docket to USCIS but not once were we informed that it needed to be provided to NVC.

NVC requires upload of all applicable civil documents, even if they were already submitted to USCIS.  Your lawyer should have known about the requirement for CEAC upload of petitioner's divorce documents.  It's explicitly listed on the DOS web page for this step in the visa process, under "Step 7: Collect Civil Documents" -> "Petitioner Documents" -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

"If you are applying for an IR1, CR1, or F2A visa as the spouse of a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and your petitioning spouse was previously married:  You must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage your petitioning spouse has had. This evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:  FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers."

2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

NVC requires upload of all applicable civil documents, even if they were already submitted to USCIS.  Your lawyer should have known about the requirement for CEAC upload of petitioner's divorce documents.  It's explicitly listed on the DOS web page for this step in the visa process, under "Step 7: Collect Civil Documents" -> "Petitioner Documents" -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

"If you are applying for an IR1, CR1, or F2A visa as the spouse of a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and your petitioning spouse was previously married:  You must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage your petitioning spouse has had. This evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:  FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers."

Thank you! The question remains: why didn’t NVC ask for this during their original RFE to us back in Feb?

Just now, Redrobot said:

The question remains: why didn’t NVC ask for this during their original RFE to us back in Feb?

They make mistakes.  And all we can do is sigh and comply with the RFE.  Anyway, make sure to also bring the divorce decree to the interview.  This was the one document that the consul officer asked for during my visa interview, as the document screening staff at the embassy did not collect it beforehand with the rest of my civil documents.

4 minutes ago, Chancy said:

They make mistakes.  And all we can do is sigh and comply with the RFE.  Anyway, make sure to also bring the divorce decree to the interview.  This was the one document that the consul officer asked for during my visa interview, as the document screening staff at the embassy did not collect it beforehand with the rest of my civil documents.

Had already planned on bringing it. Damn, this is just awful!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
1 minute ago, Redrobot said:

Had already planned on bringing it. Damn, this is just awful!

I am praying for the best for you. Let’s hope not another 3 months. Even if it is, keep your head up, the time will still pass. 

8 hours ago, Redrobot said:

Thank you! The question remains: why didn’t NVC ask for this during their original RFE to us back in Feb?

My husband was RFE'd twice; the first time since our joint-sponsor was self-employed and we failed to add the tax forms required in that situation. Three months later we were RFE'ed again since I have been living abroad for 10 years; while everything was accepted, they wanted additional proof of my domicile. It seems like an officer checks a submission until they find something missing or decide more evidence is needed, then they send it back, which really prolongs the process. 

Just got RFE for a Birth certificate. In the country that my spouse is at, they are using a andoid/ios App to download the Birth certificate and if you get one in person, they will give you a black and white copy. This is due to the the economic situation in the country. In the  government website, it states that they're doing their best to  issue a better quality birth certificate. I can't believe it!!! Ill try and see if they can issue one in color if it's for US visa purposes.

I submitted on Febuary 9😭😭😭. Ill have to wait another 80 days

Edited by 1380anthony

3 hours ago, 1380anthony said:

Just got RFE for a Birth certificate. In the country that my spouse is at, they are using a andoid/ios App to download the Birth certificate and if you get one in person, they will give you a black and white copy. This is due to the the economic situation in the country. In the  government website, it states that they're doing their best to  issue a better quality birth certificate. I can't believe it!!! Ill try and see if they can issue one in color if it's for US visa purposes.

RFE because Birth certificate is  black and white?

5 hours ago, karuru55 said:

RFE because Birth certificate is  black and white?

The RFE is because it was downloaded from the oficial government app, it has a QR. If I get it from a government official, they give it in black and white and it is the same document. The government has stated that both are oficial,but the NVC document finder has not updated this info. Ill have to appeal and evidence the information in a letter. They should have done the research before rejecting the document. When I uploaded the document I wrote in the comment section stating that the birth certificate is valid and authentic. This  a very sad day for both of us. Im going overseas next week to visit.

Edited by 1380anthony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
20 hours ago, 1380anthony said:

I know it has to be frustrating. But keep your head up. We got an RFE before too and while it hurt, the time passed quick (looking back) and we got DQ’d. While you’re waiting it’s hard. But looking back it went quick. Be encouraged. 

1 hour ago, EmTi said:

I know it has to be frustrating. But keep your head up. We got an RFE before too and while it hurt, the time passed quick (looking back) and we got DQ’d. While you’re waiting it’s hard. But looking back it went quick. Be encouraged. 

Hey, did you have to wait another round of almost 90 days? Or was your RFE review faster?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.