Hoba

February 2022

95 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
7 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I think there is a NOA2 to NVC tracking topic in the CR1/IR1 forum

I made this for those waiting to be reviewed at NVC. Submitted all the required documents and DS-260 application. Review date February 2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I believe the tracking post I mentioned covers the time from NVC receive to DQ.  Then there is a separate tracking post from DQ to interview.

There is no wait from NVC receive to documents submitted - that is all in the control of the petitioner.  The wait at NVC is for the DQ.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
17 hours ago, EmTi said:

Following this thread. We resubmitted a document that was rejected 02/02/22

Have all of your other documents gotten accepted? When was your original submission date? I had originally submitted all civil documents on Jan.25 but forgot the W-2s so now my submission date is 2/3/22?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Hoba said:

Have all of your other documents gotten accepted? When was your original submission date? I had originally submitted all civil documents on Jan.25 but forgot the W-2s so now my submission date is 2/3/22?

Yes all other docs were accepted. Original submission was Oct 30. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Original submission August 28, 2021. Received RFE on November 16, 2021 for missing 1099 form. Received latest RFE on February 20, 2022 for explanation of why I do not have a w-2. Fingers crossed for this one...

Timeline
11 hours ago, ws1889 said:

Original submission August 28, 2021. Received RFE on November 16, 2021 for missing 1099 form. Received latest RFE on February 20, 2022 for explanation of why I do not have a w-2. Fingers crossed for this one...

When you received the first RFE they asked for the for 1099 but not the w-2? why didn't they ask for both of those items in the same RFE so you can submit it all at once?

Timeline
43 minutes ago, ALoveHeart said:

Hi all! Thanks. Following for updates. We submitted last month and waiting for review.

Welcome! I hope we all hear some good news soon! Review times have been at around 3 months for a while now!

Timeline
17 hours ago, ws1889 said:

You got 2 RFEs? When you got the first one, were all of your other docs accepted, and only the 1099 was missing? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
8 hours ago, Hoba said:

When you received the first RFE they asked for the for 1099 but not the w-2? why didn't they ask for both of those items in the same RFE so you can submit it all at once?

Good question - I actually asked that when I called the NVC. They explained to me that after each RFE, the entire submission is reviewed again. Hence, RFE likely results in an additional full review and is subject to the reviewer's discretion.

2 hours ago, EmTi said:

You got 2 RFEs? When you got the first one, were all of your other docs accepted, and only the 1099 was missing? 

That's correct. All they asked for in November was a 1099 for my joint sponsor. Then, they sent another RFE in February requesting explanation of why I don't have a W2 (tax return is clear on this).

Timeline
21 hours ago, ws1889 said:

Good question - I actually asked that when I called the NVC. They explained to me that after each RFE, the entire submission is reviewed again. Hence, RFE likely results in an additional full review and is subject to the reviewer's discretion.

That's correct. All they asked for in November was a 1099 for my joint sponsor. Then, they sent another RFE in February requesting explanation of why I don't have a W2 (tax return is clear on this).

Wow!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.