CovidSucks21

Covid Clearance for Flying to US?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On the UStraveldocs website it says that anyone over 2 needs a negative test to fly to the US.  However my Fiance might have to get it done possibly 2 days out.  During her interview last month she had to get a follow up covid test at the main hospital in Manila and it took TWENTYFOUR hours to just be seen.  I would like her to do it in her home town before she leaves for Manila.  They are driving down and not flying into Manila to leave.  Has anyone had someone come over and deal with this?  She's vaccinated and can get a test in her home town but the time table is what is worrying me.  Would they flag it at the airport if it was 2 days before instead of 1?

Timeline

US entry permits Rapid Antigen Tests. Those generally take less than 30 minutes for results.

31 minutes ago, CovidSucks21 said:

On the UStraveldocs website it says that anyone over 2 needs a negative test to fly to the US.  However my Fiance might have to get it done possibly 2 days out.  During her interview last month she had to get a follow up covid test at the main hospital in Manila and it took TWENTYFOUR hours to just be seen.  I would like her to do it in her home town before she leaves for Manila.  They are driving down and not flying into Manila to leave.  Has anyone had someone come over and deal with this?  She's vaccinated and can get a test in her home town but the time table is what is worrying me.  Would they flag it at the airport if it was 2 days before instead of 1?

get a rapid test at airport. what matters is airlines issuing boarding pass. once its done its all smooth. 

duh

Timeline
27 minutes ago, brightfuture78 said:

US entry permits Rapid Antigen Tests. Those generally take less than 30 minutes for results.

do you have any place i can read this?  

Timeline
1 minute ago, CovidSucks21 said:

do you have any place i can read this?  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Ftravelers%2Ftesting-air-travel.html

Test and Documentation Requirements

What types of SARS-CoV-2 tests are acceptable under the Order?

You must be tested with a viral test to look for current infection – these include an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT).

Phrases indicating a test is an antigen test could include, but not are not limited to:

• Rapid antigen test
  • Viral antigen test
  • Also, could be noted as Antigen Chromatographic Digital Immunoassay, Antigen Chemiluminescence Immunoassay, or Antigen Lateral Flow Fluorescence

Examples of available NAATs for SARS-CoV-2 include but are not restricted to:

• Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)
  • Isothermal amplification including:
    • Nicking endonuclease amplification reaction (NEAR)
    • Transcription mediated amplification (TMA)
    • Loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP)
    • Helicase-dependent amplification (HDA)
    • Clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR)
    • Strand displacement amplification (SDA)

The test used must be authorized for use by the relevant national authority for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 in the country where the test is administered.

A viral test conducted for U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) personnel, including DOD contractors, dependents, and other U.S. government employees, and tested by a DOD laboratory located in a foreign country also meets the requirements of the Order.

Edited by brightfuture78

Here are the PH Dept of Health accredited COVID testing labs: https://doh.gov.ph/licensed-covid-19-testing-laboratories

She can get tested at the major hospitals in Manila and they will expedite it for a fee. 

One of them is called Padlab and has locations at the airport terminals: https://padlabmanila.com/pages/contact 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Adventine said:

Here are the PH Dept of Health accredited COVID testing labs: https://doh.gov.ph/licensed-covid-19-testing-laboratories

She can get tested at the major hospitals in Manila and they will expedite it for a fee. 

One of them is called Padlab and has locations at the airport terminals: https://padlabmanila.com/pages/contact 

THANKS!!!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Pacia said:

Or might want to try those home Swab test services, too

How would they know those were done in 24hrs though?  The only thing I'm concerned about is the traveldocs site mentions it has to be within 24hrs of leaving on the flight.

Timeline

Also 1 day before is not the same as 24 hours before the flight.
Assuming your flight to US is Feb 2, 11pm, u need to take the the test Feb 1, even u take it at feb 1, 1am u r fine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, CovidSucks21 said:

How would they know those were done in 24hrs though?  The only thing I'm concerned about is the traveldocs site mentions it has to be within 24hrs of leaving on the flight.

There are loads of at-home antigen test brands useful for knowing whether you have COVID-19, but not useful for re-entry into the US. There are only a few US products that work for US re-entry:

It's a bit more expensive $34/test versus $5/test. Each test has a QR code. You start a video session with a clinician. Using your webcam, the clinician scans your ID, scans the QR code on the package, and inspects the seal. Once verified, they then tell you to remove the seal and open the package keeping your testing materials within the field of the view of the camera. They then guide you through the test. 15 minutes later, they inspect your results over the video. They then send you a test result PDF that you can print and show at the airport. I have already used this approach a whole bunch of times to enter the US without any problems.

Unfortunately, the tests mentioned above can only be shipped to US addresses. I believe there are non-US companies that offer the same at-home services, I just can't name them off the top of my head.

HTH

2 hours ago, CovidSucks21 said:

home test have to certified by a physician. 

duh

Timeline

Get a rapid antigen test the day of the flight. But make sure if you transit through another country that they will accept it. Also check with the airline. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

Get a rapid antigen test the day of the flight. But make sure if you transit through another country that they will accept it. Also check with the airline. 

Good point.

Speaking of which, I suggest this tool to anyone flying internationally in the near future and want to check the current requirements and restrictions they might encounter along the way:

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-restrictions?affiliateId=japanairlines&language=en-US

Apparently, neither Japan nor S Korea require covid testing for travelers passing through with connecting flights - as long as you're not leaving the airport. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.