Sarge2155

February 2022 - AOS Filers

209 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Misscloud said:

Im planning to bring this additional of evidence ( with cover letter to explain the index ) do you think its overkill? The reason I put in index so the IO can pick and choose themself 

What evidence are you using? Better have them all and submit only what is asked for than not have much to show at all.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi All,

We had our interview last Thurs (May 19) and we were approved!

During the interview, they said they had no medical or vaccine record. We sent the vaccine record in with the I-485 application. Luckily, I had a copy of the vaccination record the civil surgeon provided and they accepted it. Frustrating they didn't have it but at least we weren't delayed. Otherwise, the interview went smoothly. 

Got the notice of approval in the mail but still waiting to receive the actual green card. Hopefully, soon!

Question: The EAD and AP are no longer needed after obtaining a green card, correct? I thought I saw somewhere here on VJ where someone had their green card but was waiting for their AP too before traveling to be safe.

1 hour ago, KateD said:

Hi All,

During the interview, they said they had no medical or vaccine record. We sent the vaccine record in with the I-485 application. Luckily, I had a copy of the vaccination record the civil surgeon provided and they accepted it. Frustrating they didn't have it but at least we weren't delayed. Otherwise, the interview went smoothly. 

Got the notice of approval in the mail but still waiting to receive the actual green card. Hopefully, soon!

Question: The EAD and AP are no longer needed after obtaining a green card, correct? I thought I saw somewhere here on VJ where someone had their green card but was waiting for their AP too before traveling to be safe.

Congrats ! And you dont need ead and ap anymore 

On 5/26/2022 at 7:23 PM, KateD said:

Hi All,

Both my EAD and AP cases were closed the same day my AoS was approved. AP is no longer required. 

What I am wondering now is do I have to change my status from Non-Resident Alien to Resident Alien at work?

7 minutes ago, Ian88 said:

Both my EAD and AP cases were closed the same day my AoS was approved. AP is no longer required. 

What I am wondering now is do I have to change my status from Non-Resident Alien to Resident Alien at work?

i will do it the moment when you got the greencard on hand 

7 hours ago, friscoflip said:

Any Feb filers who requested expedite for EAD?  Was it successful? what documents did you fax? Thanks in advance!

I did, currently waiting for the update.

I called USCIS and got a reference number, but from the lady’s tone and the fact that she googled and read the info from webpage I had little hopes of USCIS actually emailing me instructions on what to fax. Some days later, I called my local Congressman’s office (they were happy to help) and emailed them my privacy release form, letter with over 10 pages of proof. This was last week.

7 hours ago, friscoflip said:

Any Feb filers who requested expedite for EAD?  Was it successful? what documents did you fax? Thanks in advance!

i did. its renewal for me, not initial EAD. try to expedite 4 times. the first time i tried, i got email from them and they said " u are not eligible bla bla bla" and 3 others no response. suddenly i got mine approved in 85 days after filing. probably not because of expedite request

3 minutes ago, prai said:

I-129F K1 visa was reviewed and approved based on the received date. At least we could track and have an idea when our case will be reviewed. USCIS must have some kind order how case are reviewed/approved EAD and AOS

nope. trust me. i will bet money on it 

some waited for 10 months, some got it in 85 days 

3 minutes ago, prai said:

Then I guess they are randomly picking the stack of mails from the locker rooms. 

thats my guess. ive been thinking about it for months. same with people who filed in 2020 and early 2021 and no news until now. not just EAD but AOS too. its crazy. i read somewhere on reddit  there's uscis worker ( obviously they'are not gonna reveal what is their job) responded that they did actually just grab whatever pile that they can get. of course noone can vouch if its really what happened or not

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.