Bd103170

160usd per page document translation fee

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

About $20 to get my US passport translated to Ukrainian, with 3 copies.  About $10 to get my wife's BC translated from Russian to English.

12 minutes ago, JSWH said:

When we needed our documents to be translated from Russian to English, we found company in Russia. They did everything quickly, professionally, and cheap. Like $10 or so per page. We dealt with them online, emailed them scans of the documents and they emailed us scans of certified translation.

Latvian language is somewhat rare in the USA, however, it's very common in Latvia to translate from Latvian to English. I would just Google search Latvian translation companies and order from them. Brief search instantly led me to this: https://www.rigatulkojums.lv/en/prices-of-translation-services/

Thank you for referencing company rigatulko . I am using similar priced company now online (the company I complain was in person  ) and nice to have backup . I will post results/price when finished transaction . Excellent communications/examples so far I've a hunch they great and will use them lots in future....I think it's good to post a thread like this so the next poor , or desperate /old uninformed/hoping visa/ or foreigner dont agree to such an outlandish price thinking it's the norm . YOU DO HAVE OPTIONS ! I would have paid too much within reason .  The translation company got bills to pay too  , and because it was in person transaction  ,  i still remember those days I prefer it . ......I dealt with staff only , maybe owner don't even know and staff on commission don't care , ECT ?  I woulda had more work for them .  I suspect the actual translator in latvia might have been happy with his commision at 50-100 usd per page , but i might be wrong about that . Or maybe this company gave me a reasonable price quote , it's just i got lucky and the next 5 quotes were 10 times cheaper    

48 minutes ago, DE CS said:

Indeed, the market for Latvian translators is probably pretty small. $160/page seems very steep for immigration-related translations

Take a look here:

https://www.boundless.com/immigration-resources/translating-immigration-documents-english/

I remember visiting Riga and most people spoke English. If you feel comfortable with it, a friend of your fiancé's can translate the documents for you. They will need to attach a certification attesting that they are fluent in both English and Latvian. You can see examples on the web. For example, where there is a seal, you write "[seal]", and a barcode, you write "[barcode]".

A quick Google search for "US immigration certified translation Latvian" shows that there are services on the web that charge $20-$30/page. Here was the first result:

https://www.rapidtranslate.org/latvian-translation

If you're getting birth, police, or marriage certificates translated, then it should be pretty easy for a basic outfit to do it without worrying too much. If you're getting a stock option agreement or corporate merger agreement translated, $160/page is probably too low to ensure the meaning of the contract is not lost.

Thank you much for the detailed post info , much appreciated 

Check out Rush Translate. They support a lot of languages and were very reliable and affordable in my case.

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We spent over $500.oo to translate and notarize documents requested for Report of Marriage to the Philippines Consulate in Houston only to have them deny our application because they would only accept originals.  

15 minutes ago, PWB said:

We spent over $500.oo to translate and notarize documents requested for Report of Marriage to the Philippines Consulate in Houston only to have them deny our application because they would only accept originals.  

Wow that's terrible ... How many pages translated ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, PWB said:

Wow. I am sorry that this happened and hope that you are able to rectify it. It sounds painful. However, was it the translation that the consulate took issue with in this instance? On the face, it sounds like the consulate has very specific rules to establish the authenticity of a copy of an original, and this judgement was independent of the accuracy of the translation. In other words, an accurate translation of a document does not imply the document's authenticity. In our case, we were fortunate to have original documents with translations.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Bd103170 said:

Thank you much for the detailed post info , much appreciated 

You're welcome. I hope you're able to get what you need without spending a fortune unnecessarily.

~$50 to get a birth certificate translated and we paid a few more dollars to get it overnighted back.

2 hours ago, PWB said:

You seem to have been snookered

Timeline
2 hours ago, iwannaplay54 said:

~$50 to get a birth certificate translated and we paid a few more dollars to get it overnighted back.

2 hours ago, iwannaplay54 said:

Several documents required 12 copies of each document.  I agree with you it was an outrages requirement on the behalf of the Philippine's Government.  I just refused to send originals of documents through the mail.  By the way immigration is a "snookering" process.

Timeline
2 hours ago, DE CS said:

Wow. I am sorry that this happened and hope that you are able to rectify it. It sounds painful. However, was it the translation that the consulate took issue with in this instance? On the face, it sounds like the consulate has very specific rules to establish the authenticity of a copy of an original, and this judgement was independent of the accuracy of the translation. In other words, an accurate translation of a document does not imply the document's authenticity. In our case, we were fortunate to have original documents with translations.

The major issue was they wanted original documents, which I made copies of and had translated and  notarized.  Can you imagine send an original Birth Certificate, or Death Certificate then have them lost in the process.

22 hours ago, Bd103170 said:

We were quoted 160 USD per page document translation fee (over 2000usd) from very established USA translation company . Obviously we passed . What is highest you paid for foreign language documents translated to English ?

was this in year 2060 ? anything about 15$ is just stealing in 2022

duh

2 hours ago, PWB said:

By the way immigration is a "snookering" process.

We did not find it to be so but I’m glad you got everything taken care of.

Sometimes you have to pay to play.  One of life’s few hard barriers.

Timeline
6 hours ago, PWB said:

The major issue was they wanted original documents, which I made copies of and had translated and  notarized.  Can you imagine send an original Birth Certificate, or Death Certificate then have them lost in the process.

Yeah, I understand your hesitation to send original documents. In the case of the Montreal consulate, they inspect the original, compare to an uncertified copy, give back the original, and keep the copy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.