JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

381 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Jana7 said:

I got my case/invoice number from NVC today! My Noa2 is feb 15th. I called Monday and they said the received my case on the 23rd and to try again in 2 weeks, I thought what the heck and tried again today and got the case number! They had created it last night. #onestepcloser

wow, you were on the fast track!!  good to know that you got your case # in 9 days!  yahoo!

On 3/4/2022 at 4:47 PM, Jana7 said:

I got my case/invoice number from NVC today! My Noa2 is feb 15th. I called Monday and they said the received my case on the 23rd and to try again in 2 weeks, I thought what the heck and tried again today and got the case number! They had created it last night. #onestepcloser

Did you call NVC? I thought we have to wait 30 days before contacting them. 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Polly3 said:

They SUGGEST you wait to contact but most of us start contacting NVC about a week or two after our NOA2!!  I have been calling almost daily.  If you are patient, you can wait for the email to come (probably less stressful!  lol), but if you want to know ASAP, I'd call them frequently to check on things. 

Hello Everyone waiting for the NVC like me,

I have a question regarding the "tips, tricks, and hacks" pdf linked at

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view

What does it mean to

"Contact Greenbaum to see if he has a copy of your Embassy's P3"?

Our interview consulate is Taipei AIT. Does it mean to see if VisaJourney has

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Taiwan&cty=Taipei ?

Is that the P3? Or Package 3?

Thanks in advance for any response.

On 3/4/2022 at 11:32 PM, Beegirl said:

2/22 Case sent

2/25 Case received texts with receipt numbers

3/4 Mail received with paper NOA1s

With link to online account WHICH HAD A BIOMETRICS APPT ALREADY SCHEDULED.

3/29 Biometrics already scheduled when we received NOA1.

I’m pleased with the timeline so far!

If you can fill out your Timeline, it would help everyone to see your progress.
And help VisaJourney with the extra data points for the estimated times.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Polly3 said:

As Sandy said they suggest but for some people hopefully in my case in that 30 days I’m waiting I could already almost have an interview scheduled! So it doesn’t hurt to call, I called about 3 times and they were nice all 3 times! Plus that way you can track your case and see when it goes in transit/ready at embassy 🙂

Edited by Jana7
Typo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 3/3/2022 at 6:07 AM, lb119397 said:

Would you mind posting when you get your case number?

My noa2 was also 02/01 and I was told on 02/22 that they received my case. Called again on Monday and they said that my case was received on 02/23. 😐 Regardless, I was told to wait as they were processing cases received 02/11. 

We might get ours at around the same time! 

I called today and was told that they don’t have a case number yet. Have you heard anything?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
47 minutes ago, GoingEastish said:

I called today and was told that they don’t have a case number yet. Have you heard anything?

Yes, I called again on Friday and they provided my case and invoice numbers. I usually called to check every Monday and Friday night, close to their closing time. Yours should be assigned soon!

Edited by lb119397

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
3 hours ago, lb119397 said:

Yes, I called again on Friday and they provided my case and invoice numbers. I usually called to check every Monday and Friday night, close to their closing time. Yours should be assigned soon!

Awesome! Thanks! Maybe I’ll try again on Friday. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, charlottewitch said:

I waited until today to call them, and coincidentally enough, they had a case number ready for me as of today!

congrats!  Can you update your timeline?  I don't see anything on it.  wondering when your NOA2 was and your arrival at NVC.  thank you!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Aha, I look at the "make a timeline" page and it looks like a lot of data entry, not sure if I want to do all that honestly... 😅 I don't have a lot of free time.

However, telling you the dates, that's easy.

My petition's USCIS received date is March 22nd, 2021.

My petition was approved on February 15th.
NVC case number was assigned just today apparently.

Not sure when it arrived at NVC specifically- unsure of if I've been given this information- but I assume it was quite soon after Feb 15th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.