intothelight2021

JANUARY 2022 FILERS (I-130)

287 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Love1227 said:

Congratulations for the approval 🎉☺️ what service center was your case processed at? California is slow and taking about 13months 😕

What service center are you at? I’m jan 15

at California 

California service center too!

22 hours ago, SpencerChamp said:

Approved!

1/17/22 - NOA1

1/18/23 - NOA2

Strange how they approved it the day after the 1 year anniversary and my complaint on here... Hmm. Should we send our packet with everything to the NVC ASAP? Or wait for the notice from the NVC.

Congrats!!!! So happy for you!

We received an email a few days later with log-in details for the NVC platform (called ceac). Once you pay the fees on that platform (which will take a few days to register), you can complete your DS 260, I864, upload supporting docs etc. 

On 1/21/2023 at 1:38 AM, DRLove21 said:

These 3 cases were just approved!

Maybe you should put my number into your tracker. You seem to be good luck!

I might try that though. I use that app too. Still no movement for us. 

January 2022 filer here. I'm really upset and frustrated. 😞 This morning, I received an email that there was an update on my case--and at first, I was so excited because I thought it must be an approval since I've been seeing other people get approved here. But when I logged into my account, I found it was an RFE... According to the RFE: "Your Form I-130 petition is incomplete because Pages 1 thru 12 are missing. Per the form instructions, the petitioner is required to fully complete the form. Go to https://www.uscis.gov/i-130 for the latest version of the Form I-130 and fill out and complete the entire petition. Please ensure all items are completed."

I filed online, and I can see and even download the electronic version of my form that I filed online. But based on info that I found in the forum, as well as a confirmation from someone else in the forum, I just have to follow the instructions of the RFE😔

What makes it even more frustrating is that I don't even understand why I have to do the I-130 form again...like, was something incomplete on it? I filled out all the areas on the online form, so I don't know what's wrong. Yet I have no choice but to do what the RFE says...and I have to wait for the original notice to arrive in the mail before I can respond to the RFE. (The online RFE says the original notice has to be submitted, so I assume that means the physical one that I'll get in the mail--not the online version that I could download from my USCIS account.)

I can't help but feel depressed. 😞

22 minutes ago, melissaroo said:

January 2022 filer here. I'm really upset and frustrated. 😞 This morning, I received an email that there was an update on my case--and at first, I was so excited because I thought it must be an approval since I've been seeing other people get approved here. But when I logged into my account, I found it was an RFE... According to the RFE: "Your Form I-130 petition is incomplete because Pages 1 thru 12 are missing. Per the form instructions, the petitioner is required to fully complete the form. Go to https://www.uscis.gov/i-130 for the latest version of the Form I-130 and fill out and complete the entire petition. Please ensure all items are completed."

I filed online, and I can see and even download the electronic version of my form that I filed online. But based on info that I found in the forum, as well as a confirmation from someone else in the forum, I just have to follow the instructions of the RFE😔

What makes it even more frustrating is that I don't even understand why I have to do the I-130 form again...like, was something incomplete on it? I filled out all the areas on the online form, so I don't know what's wrong. Yet I have no choice but to do what the RFE says...and I have to wait for the original notice to arrive in the mail before I can respond to the RFE. (The online RFE says the original notice has to be submitted, so I assume that means the physical one that I'll get in the mail--not the online version that I could download from my USCIS account.)

I can't help but feel depressed. 😞

On Monday can you try talking to Emma and ask if she can take a look?

I used an immigration service to help me fill out the form and she told me to file by mail simply because there are so many weird issues with online filing similar to yours. 

I hope you can speak with an agent and have it sorted out. Crossing fingers for you. 

7 hours ago, Straya said:

On Monday can you try talking to Emma and ask if she can take a look?

I used an immigration service to help me fill out the form and she told me to file by mail simply because there are so many weird issues with online filing similar to yours. 

I hope you can speak with an agent and have it sorted out. Crossing fingers for you. 

Thank you for your words of support!

Another person who received the same kind of RFE said that when they contacted USCIS, a Tier 2 officer told them that they did have their I-130 online, but they have to do what the RFE says anyway. And I've been told on the forum to follow what the RFE says. So I'm just gonna do what the RFE says because I'll do whatever I have to do for my petition. (Plus, it sounds like I'd just be wasting my time if I try to contact USCIS.)

On the one hand, it's great to have had some kind of update on my petition (after over a year of nothing new), but on the other hand, it's frustrating. I guess all I can do is hope that once I respond to the RFE, it won't take too much longer for them to resume looking at my petition.

1 minute ago, melissaroo said:

Thank you for your words of support!

Another person who received the same kind of RFE said that when they contacted USCIS, a Tier 2 officer told them that they did have their I-130 online, but they have to do what the RFE says anyway. And I've been told on the forum to follow what the RFE says. So I'm just gonna do what the RFE says because I'll do whatever I have to do for my petition. (Plus, it sounds like I'd just be wasting my time if I try to contact USCIS.)

On the one hand, it's great to have had some kind of update on my petition (after over a year of nothing new), but on the other hand, it's frustrating. I guess all I can do is hope that once I respond to the RFE, it won't take too much longer for them to resume looking at my petition.

Hi, any Nebaraska centre applicants here!!! I m still waiting for my wife & daughter I-130 case. PD 26th Jan 2022. 

8 minutes ago, nomanctg said:

Hi, any Nebaraska centre applicants here!!! I m still waiting for my wife & daughter I-130 case. PD 26th Jan 2022.

Out of curiosity, have you ever contacted USCIS to see if your case is really at Nebraska Service Center...?

My NOA1 came from Nebraska Service Center. But a couple months ago, I talked with an agent through Emma, and they told me that my case was actually at California Service Center. When I asked them why I hadn't been notified about the transfer, they told me that Nebraska Service Center was simply the center that sent the NOA1--but the same day that the NOA1 had been sent, my case was sent to California Service Center for review. So it wasn't considered as having been "transferred" because it was never initially reviewed at Nebraska Service Center.

1 minute ago, melissaroo said:

Out of curiosity, have you ever contacted USCIS to see if your case is really at Nebraska Service Center...?

My NOA1 came from Nebraska Service Center. But a couple months ago, I talked with an agent through Emma, and they told me that my case was actually at California Service Center. When I asked them why I hadn't been notified about the transfer, they told me that Nebraska Service Center was simply the center that sent the NOA1--but the same day that the NOA1 had been sent, my case was sent to California Service Center for review. So it wasn't considered as having been "transferred" because it was never initially reviewed at Nebraska Service Center.

I never asked UScIS. How can I talk with agent through Emma? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.