FrogDS

Birth Certificate PSA stamp/NSO Stamp?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone, 

My Fiancé has her interview on February 3rd, and she is very stressed about her original birth certificate.  Her Birth certificate has the stamp of the old NSO name on it.  NSO has changed it's name to PSA and she is certain her visa will be refused because of this stamp.   Has anyone else had a problem with this, or heard of this?  

7 hours ago, FrogDS said:

Her Birth certificate has the stamp of the old NSO name on it.

The embassy requires birth certificate with PSA stamp.  Tell your fiancee to order new copies of her birth certificate from PSA.  I ordered mine online through https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/ .  They were delivered to my house (in Metro Manila) within a few days.  It may take longer if your fiancee lives outside of Metro Manila.  Btw, if she doesn't have her CENOMAR yet, she may also order a copy from the same site.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/24/2022 at 8:04 AM, FrogDS said:

Hello Everyone, 

My Fiancé has her interview on February 3rd, and she is very stressed about her original birth certificate.  Her Birth certificate has the stamp of the old NSO name on it.  NSO has changed it's name to PSA and she is certain her visa will be refused because of this stamp.   Has anyone else had a problem with this, or heard of this?  

It hasn't been NSO in a number of years, that is a old copy for sure.    Have your fiancee check her email (and spam folder) to see if she got an email from the embassy requesting a new birth certificate, this would be a 221g.   Did the embassy keep her passort?

As for getting copies of the birth certificate, that is a very good idea even if the embassy doesn't request a new copy.  Your fiancee will need a copy of her birth certificate from time to time for things once she is in the states.   Grab a couple copies while they are  easy to get.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/24/2022 at 9:04 PM, FrogDS said:

Hello Everyone, 

NSO should still be accepted. I used NSO copies of my wife's BC and our MC last year for our I-130/I-485  submission. 

The info on the certs was certified by NSO at the time and that hasn't changed.

The city I was born in was annexed decades ago and the records are now maintained by the state. My original BC is fine.

Edited by Skyman

Timeline
19 hours ago, Hank_ said:

It hasn't been NSO in a number of years, that is a old copy for sure.    Have your fiancee check her email (and spam folder) to see if she got an email from the embassy requesting a new birth certificate, this would be a 221g.   Did the embassy keep her passort?

As for getting copies of the birth certificate, that is a very good idea even if the embassy doesn't request a new copy.  Your fiancee will need a copy of her birth certificate from time to time for things once she is in the states.   Grab a couple copies while they are  easy to get.

My fiance just had her interview and the embassy took hers and it wasn't a copy.  It was an official one.  You will need at least 2 copies and she should be able to go someplace local to get the copies. Especially if she is planning on going to get a social later on.  Best to get it done before she leaves there.  Mine paid 1k php per copy and it was done in a day.  In America we rarely give them up but there apparently they do?  

2 minutes ago, CovidSucks21 said:

In America we rarely give them up but there apparently they do?

Maybe the consul officer just forgot.  The CO returned all my original civil documents after my interview.

Timeline
Just now, Chancy said:

Maybe the consul officer just forgot.  The CO returned all my original civil documents after my interview.

bummer.  She got doubles already though. She had to drive a little far to get it done.  

2 minutes ago, CovidSucks21 said:

She got doubles already though. She had to drive a little far to get it done.

Is the psaserbilis site not an option for her?  I ordered mine online and they ony cost Php 500 a piece, including delivery.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Is the psaserbilis site not an option for her?  I ordered mine online and they ony cost Php 500 a piece, including delivery.

no she had to go in person to get hers in a nearby city.  she just ended up doing it yesterday

Timeline
On 1/25/2022 at 12:18 PM, Skyman said:

NSO should still be accepted. I used NSO copies of my wife's BC and our MC last year for our I-130/I-485  submission. 

The info on the certs was certified by NSO at the time and that hasn't changed.

The city I was born in was annexed decades ago and the records are now maintained by the state. My original BC is fine.

Thank you.  My Fiancé was actually able to schedule an appointment at the local office near the embassy and obtain a copy of her birth certificate with the PSA stamp on it  It was much easier for her to get than we had anticipated.  Thanks for the suggestions on the multiple copies.  Medical today, Interview in 7 days.  Everything is so close now, and happening so fast. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, CovidSucks21 said:

My fiance just had her interview and the embassy took hers and it wasn't a copy.  It was an official one.  You will need at least 2 copies and she should be able to go someplace local to get the copies. Especially if she is planning on going to get a social later on.  Best to get it done before she leaves there.  Mine paid 1k php per copy and it was done in a day.  In America we rarely give them up but there apparently they do?  

They are all copies .. just PSA certified copies.  ;)  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
5 hours ago, FrogDS said:

Thank you.  My Fiancé was actually able to schedule an appointment at the local office near the embassy and obtain a copy of her birth certificate with the PSA stamp on it  It was much easier for her to get than we had anticipated.  Thanks for the suggestions on the multiple copies.  Medical today, Interview in 7 days.  Everything is so close now, and happening so fast. 

I would tell her to use the NSO copies and keep the PSA unless they insist on PSA which they won't. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, CovidSucks21 said:

In America we rarely give them up but there apparently they do?  

Yes, kind of blew my mind at how often they ask for an official BC there, even just for a job app.

Timeline

Well, turns out we will not have to worry about this for a couple of months because of the infamous Sputum test.  She has to go through the 8 to 9 week process before we can reschedule our interview.  It is very hard to face another 8 week of waiting after being in this process for 2 years, but after reading many post, there is nothing we can do.  We will just bear it, and keep pushing forward.  

Timeline

Someone posted on Facebook that the birth certificates can't be older than 6 months. I was under the impression that they did not have an expiration date like the CENOMAR and NBI. My fiancée got hers two years ago before we realized we'd be waiting two years... 

She's in Manila now and has interview on Thursday. Will this be an issue? Can't see how a birth certificate would expire. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.