Love P

Lack of Immunization Record for Medical

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone done a medical before and did not have any immunization record to bring with them? If so, what happened? I am going to have my medical soon and I do not have any immunization record to bring (except my COVID vaccine card). The US Dept of State website have this statement (below), so I am assuming it's ok to show up to the medical without the immunization record. However, I still wanted to come here and ask if anyone has experienced this. Thank you all. 

"Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement."

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

Due to pandemic bring that Covid certificate copy/proof of vaccination just in case they will ask, but not to worry, if you do not have immunization record as the panel will determine as to what vaccine is to be given to you based upon your age etc. Back in the days, after the appropriate shots were given, they will give you a copy of your new vaccination record from the clinic itself.  I Kind regards, BG

Edited by nelmagriffin

Timeline
17 minutes ago, nelmagriffin said:

Greetings!

Due to pandemic bring that Covid certificate copy/proof of vaccination just in case they will ask, but not to worry, if you do not have immunization record as the panel will determine as to what vaccine is to be given to you based upon your age etc. Back in the days, after the appropriate shots were given, they will give you a copy of your new vaccination record from the clinic itself.  I Kind regards, BG

Hello! 

Oh okay, thank you!! Also, do you know if the X-ray is required before the medical or do you only bring X-ray copies if you did any in the last 3 months? 

Thanks again for your help! 

3 hours ago, Love P said:

Has anyone done a medical before and did not have any immunization record to bring with them? If so, what happened? I am going to have my medical soon and I do not have any immunization record to bring (except my COVID vaccine card). The US Dept of State website have this statement (below), so I am assuming it's ok to show up to the medical without the immunization record. However, I still wanted to come here and ask if anyone has experienced this. Thank you all. 

"Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement."

If you have any vaccination records bring them. If not don't worry about it. They will ask you questions and decide what to give you.

2 hours ago, Love P said:

Also, do you know if the X-ray is required before the medical or do you only bring X-ray copies if you did any in the last 3 months? 

Even if you provide one they will not accept it. Your xray's must be done at SLEC. Stop overthinking the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's questionable whether or not they'd accept your immunization records, even if you did bring them. I wouldn't worry about it - they will do x-rays during the medical exam and provide the immunizations themselves at the end of the exam. What you WILL need is a RT-PCR test with negative result within the past 3 days, before they allow you to enter to do the medical exam - you can also schedule with St. Luke's to have that done by them a couple days before your exam appointment.

If you show up at Saint Luke's with no vaccination records it seems if you are an adult you get 4 shots (two in each arm) .   If you are a child you get 6 shots (two in each arm, one in each leg).  No extra cost.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline

On a related note, My fiancé recently completed her medical at SLEC. She and her daughter had previously been immunized by them a year prior, and she brought the immunization records along. Because of this, they did not require her to get any additional shots, but I think her daughter received 2 more, for whatever reason. 

Also, I noticed their RT-PCR test requirements are weird and inconsistent. They required it on the first day they went there, but when my fiancé was flagged for a sputum test and was told to come back a couple weeks later to provide samples, they allowed her to walk right in without an RT-PCR. Then when she came back 8 weeks later to finally complete the medical, they again didn't require an RT-PCR. This wasn't simply because the guards were neglecting to check - she asked a nurse there if another test would be required when she returned to finish the medical, and they said "no". Makes no sense to me. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, brightfuture78 said:

It's questionable whether or not they'd accept your immunization records, even if you did bring them. I wouldn't worry about it - they will do x-rays during the medical exam and provide the immunizations themselves at the end of the exam. What you WILL need is a RT-PCR test with negative result within the past 3 days, before they allow you to enter to do the medical exam - you can also schedule with St. Luke's to have that done by them a couple days before your exam appointment.

My question is as follows. SLEC asks for negative test within three days. If you take test two days prior and your medical appointment takes two days, is the test considered expired on the second day? Does the validity if the test have to cover all medical days or just preliminary to get in the door? 

Timeline
8 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

My question is as follows. SLEC asks for negative test within three days. If you take test two days prior and your medical appointment takes two days, is the test considered expired on the second day? Does the validity if the test have to cover all medical days or just preliminary to get in the door? 

From what I've seen, as long as your RT-PCR test is still valid on the first day you arrive for your medical, they won't ask you to present a test on any of the subsequent days you go there. So, if for some reason it takes several days to complete your medical, they will ask to see your negative RT-PCR test on the first day, and every other day up until the completion of your medical, they will only ask for the appointment note they gave you from the last time you were there . At least that was what happened with my fiancé. She had to return to SLEC for a follow-up 2 weeks later, and then again 2 months later to finally complete the medical. They only asked for the valid test on the first day she went there.

Edited by brightfuture78

Same experience.  In Laws went this week with test in hand, they popped for the Sputum collection next week and asked if they needed new PCR test and were told no.  

Timeline
On 1/21/2022 at 8:14 AM, brightfuture78 said:

From what I've seen, as long as your RT-PCR test is still valid on the first day you arrive for your medical, they won't ask you to present a test on any of the subsequent days you go there. So, if for some reason it takes several days to complete your medical, they will ask to see your negative RT-PCR test on the first day, and every other day up until the completion of your medical, they will only ask for the appointment note they gave you from the last time you were there . At least that was what happened with my fiancé. She had to return to SLEC for a follow-up 2 weeks later, and then again 2 months later to finally complete the medical. They only asked for the valid test on the first day she went there.

May I ask why it took her 2 months to complete the medical? Why was she flagged for the SPUTUM test? Sorry, I'm not quite familiar with the process, I thought the medical exam only takes about 2 days according to the SLEC website. Thanks! 

46 minutes ago, Love P said:

May I ask why it took her 2 months to complete the medical? Why was she flagged for the SPUTUM test? Sorry, I'm not quite familiar with the process, I thought the medical exam only takes about 2 days according to the SLEC website. Thanks! 

Something close to 1 in 6 Filipinos taking their chance with Saint Luke's X-ray machine gets flagged for sputum testing when there is a finding of some miniscule blur or smudge or line on their chest X-ray.  Of those who get flagged for sputum testing, after a couple of wasted months, it is determined to be a false alarm in the vast majority of cases. 

Lately, "due to COVID", I have heard of quite a few making it through Saint Luke's in only 1 day if there are no children, they get there early and everything goes smoothly.  If there are children, it always takes at least 2 days since they get an IGRA blood test for TB instead of an X-Ray and it takes at least overnight to get IGRA results back.. 

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, top_secret said:

Something close to 1 in 6 Filipinos taking their chance with Saint Luke's X-ray machine gets flagged for sputum testing when there is a finding of some miniscule blur or smudge or line on their chest X-ray.  Of those who get flagged for sputum testing, after a couple of wasted months, it is determined to be a false alarm in the vast majority of cases. 

Lately, "due to COVID", I have heard of quite a few making it through Saint Luke's in only 1 day if there are no children, they get there early and everything goes smoothly.  If there are children, it always takes at least 2 days since they get an IGRA blood test for TB instead of an X-Ray and it takes at least overnight to get IGRA results back.. 

Hmm ok, that's good to know! Thank you!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.