Elle Worth

N400 Interview coming up. Informally Separated for 7 years.

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Elle Worth said:

Hi! I was married in the Philippines 2008 .Went to nursing school there and got here 2012. The ROC doesn't apply in our case . 

Lucky you! Hahahaha

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

10 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Lucky you! Hahahaha

I dont know about that but thank you! Hahahha! All i know is there is a ton of paperwork since Day 1. We ( me, you and the others)  shall all get through this smoothly, I pray . 🙂

15 hours ago, African Zealot said:

That’s factually inaccurate and misleading. At your N400, your last step in your immigration journey, they have the right to probe into everything in your history including the marriage that gave you permanent residency. Five year qualification criteria simply means unlike under the 3 year criteria, the focus won’t be on your marriage so you won’t have to carry along evidence of you being in marital union.

However if there’s any illegality or non admissibility somewhere in your case all the way back to even a visitor visa you received, they can go back in time and revoke.

Nothing to fear if you don’t have any skeletons. Good luck!

PS: I am just seeing the other responses similar to mine

(laughing) so am I and I (never) post factually inaccurate info.

But:  I been on here since 2006, before a K3/AOS/ROC, surrendered green card, DCF, four years out, SB1, and a citizenship interview and my call after seeing thousands of people roll through here?  

They won’t ask a thing about the marriage.  

OP - give us a follow up and again congrats and good luck.  Follow up is for me to drop in and say I tole y’all so.

Edited by iwannaplay54

53 minutes ago, iwannaplay54 said:

But:  I been on here since 2006, before a K3/AOS/ROC, surrendered green card, DCF, four years out, SB1, and a citizenship interview and my call after seeing thousands of people roll through here?  

OP - give us a follow up and again congrats and good luck.  Follow up is for me to drop in and say I tole y’all so.

Thank you! I will definitely update you guys. Truly appreciate all your knowledge . BTW, what is OP? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 8:37 PM, iwannaplay54 said:

Hi! you are right. The IO only asked about how i got here and when.  Thank you so much. Was only asked 6 questions on the test.  Oath taking next week.

6 hours ago, Elle Worth said:

Hi! you are right. The IO only asked about how i got here and when.  Thank you so much. Was only asked 6 questions on the test.  Oath taking next week.

Congrats!  We just got ther citizenship back from passport processing, it comes in 2-3 weeks after the passport arrives

On 1/19/2022 at 6:43 AM, African Zealot said:

That’s factually inaccurate and misleading. At your N400, your last step in your immigration journey, they have the right to probe into everything in your history including the marriage that gave you permanent residency. Five year qualification criteria simply means unlike under the 3 year criteria, the focus won’t be on your marriage so you won’t have to carry along evidence of you being in marital union.

However if there’s any illegality or non admissibility somewhere in your case all the way back to even a visitor visa you received, they can go back in time and revoke.

Nothing to fear if you don’t have any skeletons. Good luck!

PS: I am just seeing the other responses similar to mine

Told you so

5 hours ago, iwannaplay54 said:

Congrats!  We just got ther citizenship back from passport processing, it comes in 2-3 weeks after the passport arrives

Thank you ! Did you apply for your passport after you took oath? How long did it take for you to get your passport? Need to travel soon. 

7 hours ago, Elle Worth said:

Thank you ! Did you apply for your passport after you took oath? How long did it take for you to get your passport? Need to travel soon. 

We applied the next week, paid a little extra to expedite, passport arrived in three weeks.  The certificate was returned about two weeks later.

Applied at the nearest post office.  Whole thing was painless.

58 minutes ago, iwannaplay54 said:

We applied the next week, paid a little extra to expedite, passport arrived in three weeks.  The certificate was returned about two weeks later.

Applied at the nearest post office.  Whole thing was painless.

thank you much. Yes I will do the same pay extra and do it right away after the oath taking. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 1/18/2022 at 10:43 PM, Mike E said:

I would  disclose at the interview or consult with an immigration attorney 

I disagree with you.

You should never volunteer information that does not help your case.

However, if you are asked about it, then you should give details.

3 hours ago, jakelake said:

I disagree with you.

You should never volunteer information that does not help your case.

However, if you are asked about it, then you should give details.

Thank you. I thought through things the day before the interview . And  I did the same thing  when I was interviewed the first time in the Philippines (Spousal Visa ) . Answer only the question that's being asked and expound if the officer needed more info. 

I think I got lucky my IO has this aura of calmness which rubbed off on me *wink,  then I instantly relaxed the moment I got into her office. 

9 hours ago, Elle Worth said:

Thank you. I thought through things the day before the interview . And  I did the same thing  when I was interviewed the first time in the Philippines (Spousal Visa ) . Answer only the question that's being asked and expound if the officer needed more info. 

I think I got lucky my IO has this aura of calmness which rubbed off on me *wink,  then I instantly relaxed the moment I got into her office. 

You didnt have anything to worry about.  I’ve attended so many interviews and after 15 years on here?  You golden.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.