TBoneTX

N-400 Seattle (Part 2)

670 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, BANDIE said:

On Monday I had my interview with a pending removal of conditions. I got the test questions, and then I was asked few questions about my marriage.  My husband was not required to attend the interview with me.

Then, the interviewer asked the yes/no questions, and then told me that I can proceed to get my oath ceremony. After getting the Oath, I got a case update that notified me of the oath. A day after I got a text confirming that my removal of conditions application was transferred to seattle. It is not approved yet, but I do not care. I do not know if it matters, but we moved to another state and got back to Seattle early this year. Removals conditions was submitted while we lived in the other coast around June 2021.

Then proceed to book an appointment for my passport. I did not expect to get the oath on the same day.   For the USPS passport, I was lucky to find an open slot for today's morning. Something to note is that for your passport they will keep your naturalization doc. You also need to bring at least two other IDs. It could be your DL /State ID and an insurance card for example. You need to bring cash or debit card to USPS. They do not take credit cards.  I chose the fastest shipping so I should get my passport between 2 and 4 weeks counting from today. I chose the passport (book) and card. 

Any insights on getting the enhanced driver license? Not sure of whether is worth getting it since it is not needed until 2025 now.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for sharing. I couldn’t find you on the spreadsheet. If you don’t mind - when did you apply for the N400 and when did you get scheduled ?

On 12/14/2022 at 6:00 PM, TheLastMile said:

Thanks for sharing. I couldn’t find you on the spreadsheet. If you don’t mind - when did you apply for the N400 and when did you get scheduled ?

i751 - June 2021 (East Coast)

N400 - Late August 2022 (Seattle)

Interview invite - Late October 2022

Interview - 12/12

Oath - 12/12

I got a notification that my file was transferred to Seattle after my interview/oath.

On 12/14/2022 at 4:13 PM, Gaps0214 said:

Sounds unfair right? But who knows what's fair anymore.

Newbie's timeline is blank, the post didn't say where ROC is pending. Which is just as well, because if Newbie posted ROC is in LIN, I would've combusted. What you don't know won't hurt you eh? ><p

Cheers

My ROC is LIN which was submitted early June 2021. It is likely that my file got transferred before your which is why they had it when they interviewed me.

Filed: Timeline
22 hours ago, TheLastMile said:

Also - is anyone having trouble accessing their my USCIS account ? My SMS text second factor codes are not coming through since Friday. Super weird. 

Happened to me this last Thursday for a few hours, which was weird. Then all good.

Oh yeah the new verification code then came from a different number than usual. My guess is they are changing a few things in their system.

Edited by elmers

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

On 12/13/2022 at 5:33 PM, Gaps0214 said:

You can only hope for the best.

You can imagine how it feels when others seem to have same day oaths after passing their N-400 and you're stuck because of a pending I-751. At the mercy of the system.

But thats what an immigrant's journey is all about. Patience should be everyone's virtue.

Wishing you more luck than you'll ever need.

Cheers,

I just saw from USPS informed delivery that a much anticipated letter from USCIS is in our PO Box, driving there after work today to see if it will be a very merry Christmas for me and my husband.

Crossing my fingers this is the oath notice we've been waiting for, send us some good vibes 😊 

Will post news later.

Cheers,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Gaps0214 said:

I just saw from USPS informed delivery that a much anticipated letter from USCIS is in our PO Box, driving there after work today to see if it will be a very merry Christmas for me and my husband.

Crossing my fingers this is the oath notice we've been waiting for, send us some good vibes 😊 

Will post news later.

Cheers,

You should be able to see this letter on uscis online account

Edited by ImmigrantKrish

So, it's a bit of a disappointment. The letter we just received from USCIS is a notice of action re: 1-751 transferred to National Benefits Center.

The obvious question is WHY? 

We passed an N-400 interview more than a month ago while the I-751 pending at Nebraska LIN.

What could possibly be the reason for moving the I-751 to NBC instead of to the Seattle local office?

It doesn't make sense.

Any thoughts? Would appreciate it.

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Gaps0214 said:

So, it's a bit of a disappointment. The letter we just received from USCIS is a notice of action re: 1-751 transferred to National Benefits Center.

We passed an N-400 interview more than a month ago while the I-751 pending at Nebraska LIN.

What could possibly be the reason for moving the I-751 to NBC instead of to the Seattle local office?

It doesn't make sense.

Cheers,

Sorry to hear about the disappointment. I don’t know enough about USCIS to offer any insight. Keep your hopes up. Have you talked to a lawyer to see what your options are ?

5 hours ago, Gaps0214 said:

It doesn't make sense.

Cheers,

Sorry to hear this - though I would imagine any movement is good and signals more changes to come. 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

9 hours ago, ImmigrantKrish said:

You should be able to see this letter on uscis online account

The letter we received is nowhere in the online case documents for our I-751, except for the statement in the status that indicated "we sent you a notice", hence the hope it was an invitation to take the oath.

From the change of the online case status from "We received your application" for I-751, to "We transferred your documents, another office has jurisdiction", we passed our N-400 interview. The N-400 interviewer in Tukwila clearly said the next notice was for an invitation to the oath if they didn't find any issue with the I-751, if this latest NOA was to indicate the transfer, shouldn't it be to Seattle? Not NBC?

My original AOS was handled by NBC.

3 hours ago, TheLastMile said:

Sorry to hear about the disappointment. I don’t know enough about USCIS to offer any insight. Keep your hopes up. Have you talked to a lawyer to see what your options are ?

I really don't see a need for a lawyer, and I hope I don't reach that point.

We are still within the 120 day period of our successful N-400 interview, and the extended validity of our  I-751 has another year to go.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.