Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

I just wish I knew what was going on.

Like...

They haven't cashed it, no NOA1. Have they even looked at it? Have they done anything with it?

Far as I know, short of calling them, I have no way to check right now. Not till we get our case number...

Damn it! We're so early in the process, and I'm already spazzing out! -_-

Hey - it'll all work out in the end ;) Although I am sure I will join in the spazzing out on occasion as well - feel free to cyber-restrain me if I do ;D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I just wish I knew what was going on.

Like...

They haven't cashed it, no NOA1. Have they even looked at it? Have they done anything with it?

Far as I know, short of calling them, I have no way to check right now. Not till we get our case number...

Damn it! We're so early in the process, and I'm already spazzing out! -_-

Hey - it'll all work out in the end ;) Although I am sure I will join in the spazzing out on occasion as well - feel free to cyber-restrain me if I do ;D

I also hate waiting, but I am just so happy to be "in the process" that I'm not freaking out yet! I just really feel so happy that I can bring my fiance here. No matter how long it takes, it will be well worth the wait! Lets all lean on each other for support during this grueling process!! We are the July filers and we WILL make it!!! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I checked my bank account this afternoon, and our check was cashed. I was able to get the Case Number off from the back of the check (started with EAC). 1 step closer!! I should receive the NOA1 here shortly, or at least that is my hope.

TIME LINE

17 Jul 2007: I-129F Sent to VSC

18 Jul 2007: VSC received application via FedEx

26 Jul 2007: Check Cashed (Retrieved Case Number from the back of the check)

27 Jul 2007: NOA1 Hard Copy Received

27 Jul 2007: 1st "Touch"

28 Jul 2007: Touched

30 Oct 2007 APPROVED!!! (Military Expedite)

1 Nov 2007: NVC received

5 Nov 2007: NVC forwarded to Consulate Section in Quayaquil

12 Nov 07: Consulate Section in Quayaquil received application

26 Nov 07: Belen Recevied Packet 4

27 Nov 07: Interview date scheduled for 23 January 08 (requesting Military Expedite for interview at this time)

29 Nov 07: Interview date Changed to 17 Dec 07

17 Dec 07: Interview complete, VISA APPROVED (waiting on DHL now)

25 Dec 07: Belen arrived in US

28 Dec 07: MARRIED!!!!!

I'm so happy I found this site lol, it's packed full of information! I was spazzing out before I found this site, ready to call a lawyer. I'm still spazzing out about getting accepted, but hey, who isn't from time to time? :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another July filer here sent the packet off on the 24th saw that the rate hike was so soon and spent the weekend putting everything together whew glad I am not a lawyer hehe. Good luck to us all. Also a big shout out to visajourney.com and all of the very helpfull peps that make this site so informational!

I can now add something new!! Our check has indeed been cashed!

Can anyone tell me what number I should be looking for? I don't know that I wanna wait for NOA1 before I try checking on my status and stuff!

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiance sent off our packet on July 11th, and he got the NOA1 on the 23rd... The long wait is probably due to people filing at the last moment (like what we did. LOL.). Hang in there, guys. It'll come eventually. :thumbs:

Timeline
I can now add something new!! Our check has indeed been cashed!

Can anyone tell me what number I should be looking for? I don't know that I wanna wait for NOA1 before I try checking on my status and stuff!

Hey thejoz - congrats on the check clearing! If you look at the back of the canceled check, there should be a case # that will likely begin with EAC(followed by 8 digits) since you are processing through VSC. That allows you to sign up on USCIS for email updates and to track your petition's "touches".

I'm just days behind you at VSC, so I got my eye on you!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

The internet is full of information, some good and some bad, but for me personally this site has been the most helpful. The visa process is very stressful for us all, I think, and full of so many unknowns and intangibles, that it is WONDERFUL to have a place to go where you can find guides and FAQs and forums chock full of information from people who have been through the very process we are now experiencing. Simply a tremendous resource!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

We got our NOA-1 hardcopy in the mail today.

Gratz!! My OH doesn't have a cheque book so we had to send a money order and now we're just waiting for the NOA1... I just want it to get here soon!!!! Well, there soon - either way!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
So I just realized we got touched on the 24th....dunno why that makes me happy, but it does!

I'd be happy too, Lisa! Though many on this forum might say the touches mean nothing, it will make me feel better knowing that something happened to my petition, no matter how small and insignificant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.