Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

We are going to have a very small wedding with just the sponsors and my parents. My two daughters will be flower girls. They are looking forward to being part of the ceremony. We are hoping for an April or May wedding. My friend has found an old stone church that I think Phil would appreciate.

Just looking forward to him being here - and hopefully soon!

post-35282-1191532451_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
...Am I the only one who has done zero wedding planning or anything?

Seriously, until I see NOA2 either in my hot little hands or through a CRIS email, I see no reason to even think to start planning anything concrete.

Even after NOA2, we'll still have to wait for NVC, the Interview, etc etc etc.

Maybe I am being naive by feeling okay in waiting so long, but I mean, I see lots of people spazzing out about not being able to make their wedding dates because they haven't even been approved yet, etc.

Just pondering out loud...

I've done nothing concrete. I've picked out the style of my dress and know the colors... that's it! Until we get the NOA2 anyway.

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

well today the average time between NOA1 and NOA2 at CSC is 109 days :crying:

I've plan everything that don't require a specific date to be plan, so I've my dress and all the accessories for it, my fiancé got his suit, we have choose the menu the decoration, I've already make my bouquet and we bought the boutonnières not so long ago ( non real flower of course) we have choose the dishes, the music we want we know the place (we haven't make a reservation yet but it is still free the all Saturdays of May...) i already talk once to the hair dresser, i know the make-up girl and we have choose the wedding cake we want that way we are not stress if it takes longer to have my visa but when it will come everything will be ready and I will be able to enjoy the month before our wedding with no stress.

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

April 2007 :Second meeting in Us for a month

June 2007: we engaged our lawyers

17 July 2007 : I-129F send to USCIS California center

22 July 2007 : [1st NOA

16 September 2007 : Half of the waiting time done 60 days

09/22/2007 : day 66 what a long time still to wait........

11/29/2007 : NOA2 YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

03 January 2008 : Package 3 fromthe embassy

17 January 2008 : Medical examination

03 Febuary 2008 / Package 4

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

25 MARCH APPROVED GOT MY K1

05/17/2007: we hope this will be our wedding day.......

dreams are made to come true, Cyril & I are made to be together

.png

I think that's just it Chris - I think there is a lot of "making do" because of our situations - almost everyone has to let something slide - putting it like that makes me think that Jeremy and I are really lucky - we are going to have the date we want and the wedding we want - the only real question is whether we will get our visa in time to have a full legal wedding or whether we have to get married without a license and then cover the legalities when we get the visa through :)

Am chilling out now *passes on the baileys and has a sip of red wine* Listening to the music we are having played at our wedding :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I think Bill y Bella is right. As musch as it sucks, we need to face the reality that our NOA2s are going to take the full six months. Doesn't make me happy, but I think reality is so much better than false hope.

We'll all get there one day, guys!

yep, I think Bill is right too... oh well, doesn't change much in the end; time always flies

hell, we're already more than two months in! can hardly believe that :)

Yep, I'm amazed at how quickly the time has gone. Since putting the countdown on my signature and periodically changing the date (due to the confusion over when my petition actually arrived at CSC) I'm shocked by how far IN to the process we are. Our day will come and it's getting closer every day :)

-that's my positive input for the day :P

Timeline
...Am I the only one who has done zero wedding planning or anything?

nope!

For me the time is not all the same. This time is precious because there is a young child involved. I am missing first steps, first words, etc. Those events will never be repeated so they are lost forever. :( I was lucky to be with her last week for her first tooth and first birthday. :) And thank goodness for webcams so that I can see the baby every day and she can see me.

But when those little arms reach out and her big eyes ask to be picked up, Papi will not be there. Sometimes realizing that makes the waiting a little more difficult.

I had no idea of your situation Bill. You never seem to complain, always pragmatic about this whole visa thing. I can understand you stressing this time wasted. I really have little to complain about. Here's hoping you and your family are reunited very soon.

I must say the time has seemed to pass quite quickly as much as we complain - I don't tend to look at my signature but realising that it is a little over four months until I get married and over 2 months since our NOA1.. well it just makes you realise how far we really have come!!

You can also tell because we are talking weddings more rather than visa :) At first it was all about getting our NOA1s, then wondering about our NOA2s, then the excitement wore off because we realised it wasn't happening anytime soon, then we b*tched about it, then we started looking to the future... it's a weird process and it'll be interesting to see if the other filers (Aug, Sept etc) pan out the same way :D

OK - that's me done for the night - have had borderline migraine for past two days and am staving it off with red wine... prolly not the best thing but it's almost the weekend then I can rest up :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
I must say the time has seemed to pass quite quickly as much as we complain - I don't tend to look at my signature but realising that it is a little over four months until I get married and over 2 months since our NOA1.. well it just makes you realise how far we really have come!!

You can also tell because we are talking weddings more rather than visa :) At first it was all about getting our NOA1s, then wondering about our NOA2s, then the excitement wore off because we realised it wasn't happening anytime soon, then we b*tched about it, then we started looking to the future... it's a weird process and it'll be interesting to see if the other filers (Aug, Sept etc) pan out the same way :D

OK - that's me done for the night - have had borderline migraine for past two days and am staving it off with red wine... prolly not the best thing but it's almost the weekend then I can rest up :)

Oh! I know it must be stressful for you too. Don't get me wrong, it is for everyone. I have stressed quite a bit and I would be stressing far more if I had circumstances like yours, but you made plans to offset part of that worry. I'm just hoping you get your NOA2 in december and manage to expedite your interview. I was looking at figures for approvals the other day, placement on the bszoom list (although that is ordered by NOA1 date and not sent date so that might cause a problem) and wondering if we could estimate a date for them getting around to july apps. The VJ estimate seems to fluctuate wildly...but it is probably the best way to calculate it. I'm going to wait a few days since the approvals have only just started to stream steadily out then i'll try and give you a guesstimate and see how close it is to the VJ timeframe. :P

Edited by babblesgirl

Oh I know it can be crazy - especially the summer months... unfortunately when we come back for our UK wedding celebration it is going to be next summer most probably (end of June) and we just can't book that at all yet which is annoying - we'll either have to go for a mid-week or just pick through the leftovers :D

yup...and then it will be all in a rush and some people that we invited to our wedding might not even be available for those days, everybody is from a different part of the world and it just sucks...I think if we have to change our wedding date, we will just get married with a witness in the 90 days they tell us to get married in cuz trying to gather family from different parts of the world isn´t that easy...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline
I know it is just so frustrating - I have to stop myself from saying "I wish" five hundred times a day!!

ooooo I'm with you on that. It's usually...I wish we'd done this 2 months earlier!!!!

Tell me about it - we would have if Jeremy had researched more thoroughly and I hadn't gotten so confused by it all in the beginning... He thought that the K-1 process only took 3 months... He didn't realise we had to send of the I129-F first... ;)

Ok well mine slipped all the way from Sept. 27th to Jan. 1st today! Holy Moly! :help:

But someone in another forumn told me that it could be processed anytime sooner because it's just a projected date.

Are they factoring in Holiday seasons breaks and stuff like this now?

Ouch - that's nasty... Mine is on Dec 22nd now :/ Although you are right - it is just a projected date based on VJ timelines so the date is only as accurate as the timelines that are filled in :) At one point I had a projected date of the beginning of September... that was in the middle of last month - it kinda went screwy which was funny :D

Right now my projected approval date is Dec 23 :mellow: ........whatever, I won't look anymore, I have enough stress as it is with school, it's too depressing, and I can't afford to be this way. At least I'll see him in Nov. and again in Dec........and most probably in March (spring break) all I can say is Thank GOD for student loans....

whatever I have to go to bed and dream of structures <_< .........good luck everyone.....

Student loans were a godsend - as well as the long holidays!!! Now I'm in work it's slightly different but at least there is a (rather distant) light at the end of the tunnel!!

Confused... most of you have noa1 dates earlier than mine - some much earlier - yet my projected is dec 9 and rising - what's factored into the equation for that date?

December 31, 2006 - I call to wish him a Happy New Year (It was 3 am his time)

May 14, 2007 - Fly to Syria with my family to meet

May 18, 2007 - His entire family comes to my house to ask for my hand - I say YES!

June 15, 2007 - We get engaged in the church and have a reception for our families (it's the only "wedding" his family will see)

June 22, 2007 - I come back to the US

June 24-July 27,2008 - lots of research on VJ and work on gathering the papers needed...

July 31, 2007 - I-129F package received by VSC - YAY!!!! I was sooo excited getting the return receipt in the mail - on my way out to look for bridesmaids dresses :) Now all I need is a case number so I can track online - I'm so anxious!!!

August 13, 2007 - NOA1 - YAY!!!

JANUARY 8, 2008 - APPROVED!!!!

May 14, 2008 - he's finally here

June 22, 2008 - "Wedding Bells"

August 7 - Adjustment of Status and EAD sent

August 11 - Dates of both NOA1 for AOS and EAD

and we wait....

September 4, 2008 - Biometrics appt in Phila for both AOS and EAD

Love is what makes you smile when you're tired....

Confused... most of you have noa1 dates earlier than mine - some much earlier - yet my projected is dec 9 and rising - what's factored into the equation for that date?

It is based on the date the petition was sent and the average processing time for the service center in question. NOA1 dates have no impact on the VJ projected adjudication date.

Whenever a petition is approved, the average processing time for that service center is recalculated and assuming the average changes, the projected adjudication date will change also.

Edited by Bill y Bella

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It is based on the date the petition was sent and the average processing time for the service center in question. NOA1 dates have no impact on the VJ projected adjudication date.

Whenever a petition is approved, the average processing time for that service center is recalculated and assuming the average changes, the projected adjudication date will change also.

Well, our projected date for NOA-2 is now in December, THEN JUST ANOTHER 5 MONTHS WAIT FOR THE INTERVIEW

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

and I'll just add - you're at VSC, Nicole, and as there haven't been any approvals out of there in the last few days, the 'average' timeframe is frozen... so everyone's estimated dates stay the same

whereas for us going through CSC, we're GETTING approvals (albeit slowly), and the average wait time is around 145 days, so our estimated approval dates reflect that

hope that makes sense, and doesn't repeat what you already know ;)

as for the family-at-wedding headache -

when we first started telling people that we'd be marrying in the States, a few said they'd love to be there... but it was some pretty random people; no one who I WOULDN'T want at my wedding, but loads of people who I WOULD want unable to come... so we've been telling people that the wedding itself is going to be REALLY small; parents only, but if they had been thinking they'd like to come across, would they mind saving that visit for later in the year? as we'll have the big house, and I will probably not be working for a while, and we'd love a steady stream of visitors (well, not TOO steady, but that's unlikely to happen ;) )

and thankfully I have the sort of family where everyone thinks that's a great idea without getting insulted :)

so we'll have an engagement (or whatever; I don't care what we call it) sort of party in Australia, after getting the visa but before using it, with all my friends and family, and then go on to the States and get married there, and then hopefully see people at regular intervals afterward :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I have a quick question for Jeraly. I know that you had mentioned awhile back being able to watch a flight path. Where do you go to find that? He is flying in today on British Airways. Thanks for your help and hope your headache is gone.

Timeline
I have a quick question for Jeraly. I know that you had mentioned awhile back being able to watch a flight path. Where do you go to find that? He is flying in today on British Airways. Thanks for your help and hope your headache is gone.

Here's a flight tracker. Not sure how well it works but there are some others if this one doesn't work well. Just google search 'flight tracker'. Hope this helps and enjoy the visit!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.