Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

mucho congratulations...

good luck on the rest of the way..

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On November 20, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

:dance::dance::dance: Approved!!! Thank You God!! Thanks Everybody. The Approvals are coming people :dance::dance::dance:

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

On November 20, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

:dance::dance::dance: Approved!!! Thank You God!! Thanks Everybody. The Approvals are coming people :dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations,

Best of luck rest of the process !! We are waiting anxiously for NOA2 approval !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

[/size]WOW!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

OUR NOA1 IS DATED THE 26TH TOO....THAT'S REALLY GOT OUR SPIRITS UP!

oOPS! LEARNING HERE! :whistle:

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations -- we're right there with you!!!! November 20th is certainly a day we'll always remember with a smile!!!

GREAT NEWS TODAY ON THE USCIS WEBSITE!!!!!!

=====================================================================

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

WHOOOO-AHHHHHH!

OUR TIMELINE

06/01/07 ----- Hired US Immigration Law Thailand to Prepare Documentation, Guide Through Process

06/26/07 ----- I-129F Mailed to Texas (to California for processing)

07/02/07 ----- I-129F NOA1 (per website; never received hard copy)

11/20/07 ----- I-129F NOA2 (per website; awaiting hard copy)

11/26/07 ----- Received NOA2 hard copy

12/04/07 ----- Called NVC; nothing received from USCIS and case number not yet assigned

12/12/07 ----- CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED AND FILE MAILED TO BANGKOK EMBASSY!

12/15/07 ----- Package received @ Bangkok Embassy

12/18/07 ----- Medical, Police Background

12/22/07 ----- Packet to BKK Embassy

12/26/07 ----- Packet received by BKK Embassy; estimate 3-4 weeks until interview date is scheduled

12/27/07 ----- Packet 4 mailed by Embassy; interview scheduled!!! :-)

01/31/08 ----- SUCCESSFUL Interview: Bangkok Embassy

02/04/08 ----- Pick up Visa

02/05/08 ----- Arrive in U.S.!!!

04/05/08 ----- MARRIED - VIVA LAS VEGAS!

04/29/08 ----- Green Card / Permanent Residence Packet Arrives @ Chicago USCIS

05/05/08 ----- NOA Date

05/22/08 ----- Biometrics Appointment

04/21/09 ----- GREEN CARD ISSUED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations -- we're right there with you!!!! November 20th is certainly a day we'll always remember with a smile!!!

GREAT NEWS TODAY ON THE USCIS WEBSITE!!!!!!

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

WHOOOO-AHHHHHH!

Congrats to you both!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
O.K. guys....my morning has been on the phone so here is what I have found out.....First I did my obligitory call to USCIS customer service...I use that term lightly....and I told them that today I was at 170 days.....on December 1 I will be at 180 days and past there stated service dates of 6 months....she told me that on 181 days I can make a formal request for service.....I ask what recourse do I have as a customer who is getting bad service from this agency has....she said after they are 30 days past the 180 days making it 210 days I can put in a formal complaint which they have 60 days to respond....so I said o.k. and moved on......I called the lawyer we used and this is where I got the most information.....It took me a while but he finally came on the line to talk to me....He told me that his office had gotten at least 30 applications filed less then 45 days ago approved from Vermont....I am thinking that couple that we got from 2 weeks ago where from that group.....He said the immigration lawyers association is meeting with VSC head counsel today and hopeful will bring back some explanation of the violation of there own policies in processing these applications out of order...even if they are for training....He said that there were about 1000 pending application that are within 20 days will be outside of there service targets for K1's which then triggers some kind of internal review......He suggested that certified letters to the director of the service center from as many people as possible be sent diplomatically complaining about....1.length of time to process..2.priority of famly based application due to service to American citizens instead of work or study visas for non citizens...3. the apparent violations of there own policies of taking applications out of order to either decrease there wait time ratios or as they say training....He cautioned me to not be aggressive in the letters just ask for reason for these breaches of policy.......He also asked that we contact our Senators and Congressman and ask the same questions.......so I called both Senators offices and faxed inquiries to them and to my Congressman......I am telling you they all say the same thing about this agency......I am also composing a letter to Mr. Gonzalez and the ombudsman for USCIS.........Can you guys help.........I know some of you all are moved past my stage and some are behind us but this is not getting any better very quickly without pressure.......Lora

Lora,

I'm with you! I will start composing my letter tonight! I have already contacted my NY Senators...Senior Senator Schumer's office told me that they are also lodging a formal complaint with VSC regarding their policies of issuing Visas out of order.

So hopefully, if all VSC filers can send Mr. Gonzalez a letter...plus contact their Senators and Congressperson...we may be able to put the screws in!

Thanks for updating us.

Can you give us the address for Mr. Gonzalez?

Blessed,

Gill

O.K. guys.....I am home now......came home last night from 2 days in the hospital.....Irregular heartbeats...stress induced....imagine that......the doctor's yelled at me again but I kept on emailing from my hospital bed...and when I got stressed and mad my monitors would go off...they took my computer away yesterday afternoon....but my room mate had one.....I am a stubborn Irish girl.....anyway......My son's mailed my letters certified and now I am going to email and contact all of the Senate members on immigration issues.....Senator Webb office told me to do this to request an inquiry into USCIS policy and procedure irregularities and breeches.......So I am composing a letter now....I think I will put the letters on my home OsLoraTamm here in VJ for you guys to look at.....as the new Congressional season is coming up (January) they are looking for issues to write policy , laws and have hearings on......I just need the ear of someone and I can talk it to them......This is now an issue for me reguardless of if or when we get Oscar's visa....can you see now why I am prone to irregular heart beats........Thank you Japanlover for you PM......I needed that........If anyone has any questions on this you can PM me or I leave the computer on all day......I am ordered home rest until Saturday.....I start back to work....Kisses everyone....and Happy Thanksgiving....and Congrats to all the new approvals

Lora

Timeline

Mr Paul Novak

Director

Vermont Service Center

USCIS

Dear Mr Novak,

As a customer of your service center I have become aware of some issues that relate to the processing of applications of K-1 Visa's at the Vermont Service Center so I direct my inquiry to you as it's director. As I understand your policies as stated in the USCIS website your service center is processing applications in the order they are recieved within a reasonable time frame. The understanding being that as much as days or 2 weeks may be out of order. With this assurrance by your service center that the system is fair to all you ask us as petitioners to wait our turn patiently. With the recent increase in applications and the apparent change in priorities that work visas are taking over family visas* the issuance of K1 visas have come at a slower and slower rate of adjudication. It appears that knowing this increase in applications for June, July, August and September should of produced a sense of urgency within the Vermont Service Center to work on the hiring of new personel, training and streamlining of procedures over these summer months but instead the work appeared to come to a slow crawl until recently. I am a member of an internet K1 visa website that tracks such issues and it is very clear to us that something is terribly wrong. Recently people who were not military or cuban expedites were processed in 30 to 45 days, clearly out of order, which is a breech of your policy and our trust that we are being treated fairly. The ombudsman has been contacted and we have recieved emails stating that these were processed out of order for training purposes.

Interesting answer but for those of us now waiting almost 6 months for adjudication not good enough. As your customer and a U.S. citizen I am profoundly interested in understanding how the USCIS and your service center is working to clear your backlog and fix the inaccurracies and injustices of this process and bring your customers confidences that you state is your main goal for this agency to a fair acceptable level.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter

Lora Pauley Heflin

Copy of letter to Mr Novak....certified mail.....I also sent to my Congressman and Senators

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mr Paul Novak

Director

Vermont Service Center

USCIS

Dear Mr Novak,

As a customer of your service center I have become aware of some issues that relate to the processing of applications of K-1 Visa's at the Vermont Service Center so I direct my inquiry to you as it's director. As I understand your policies as stated in the USCIS website your service center is processing applications in the order they are recieved within a reasonable time frame. The understanding being that as much as days or 2 weeks may be out of order. With this assurrance by your service center that the system is fair to all you ask us as petitioners to wait our turn patiently. With the recent increase in applications and the apparent change in priorities that work visas are taking over family visas* the issuance of K1 visas have come at a slower and slower rate of adjudication. It appears that knowing this increase in applications for June, July, August and September should of produced a sense of urgency within the Vermont Service Center to work on the hiring of new personel, training and streamlining of procedures over these summer months but instead the work appeared to come to a slow crawl until recently. I am a member of an internet K1 visa website that tracks such issues and it is very clear to us that something is terribly wrong. Recently people who were not military or cuban expedites were processed in 30 to 45 days, clearly out of order, which is a breech of your policy and our trust that we are being treated fairly. The ombudsman has been contacted and we have recieved emails stating that these were processed out of order for training purposes.

Interesting answer but for those of us now waiting almost 6 months for adjudication not good enough. As your customer and a U.S. citizen I am profoundly interested in understanding how the USCIS and your service center is working to clear your backlog and fix the inaccurracies and injustices of this process and bring your customers confidences that you state is your main goal for this agency to a fair acceptable level.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter

Lora Pauley Heflin

Copy of letter to Mr Novak....certified mail.....I also sent to my Congressman and Senators

Excellent Lora!!! :thumbs:

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

YET MORE CONGRATS TO ALL APPROVALS. :dance::dance:

now I'm not being lazy here it's just a nightmare trying to filter through conversations trying to find peoples info for spreadsheet. I've said it many times.....it's in my signature and I'm going to say it once more.....

PLEASE PM ME UPDATES

Edited by weedebz

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

just done updates with info PM'd to me.

changed noa1-noa2 total to date rec'd - noa2

also thought you maybe interested to know out of the 7 NOA2s so far it is averaging just over 130 days from rec'd date.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Timeline

Senator Jim Webb

Virginia

Dear Senator Jim Webb,

My name is Lora Pauley Heflin and I have lived in Northern Virginia for most of my life. I have been so very proud to be from Virginia and to be an American. I have travel extensively doing medical mission work and have taken many exchange students from around the world into my home. In December of 2005 I was in Quito, Ecuador visiting one of those exchange students when I met who I wish to become my future husband. After many visits and hours of chats and countless emails I applied for a K1 Visa from the Vermont Service Center. They recieved the application on June 5 2007 and I recieved a NOA1 on June 10, 2007. As I write you on November 20 it has been 170 days....10 days from a full 6 months and no answer from USCIS. I have 3 request from you with this letter...1. to request information as to the status of my individual case and 2. to look into the matter of irregularities in adjudicating K1 visas ie out of order and extremely slow processing and 3. the extremely bad customer service that is recieved by petitioners by USCIS ie bad information, misinformation, or outdated information. Thank you for your attention to this matter for me. I am attaching a copy of the certified letter I mailed to Mr Paul Novak, Director VSC and my personal information on my own visa application. I hope that during the next legislative session that possibly some inquiry can be done on this situation and resolution to improving the USCIS processing of family based visas can be streamlined and improved.

Lora Pauley Heflin

this is my congressional letter.......better to fax a copy to your congressman and Senators.........Just to let you guys know what I did......Lora

Gratzies to the approvees!!!! Still no movement here... but I anxiously check every day... am thinking it might be worth getting Jeremy to call... what do people think? Will it make a scrap of difference or should we just stick it out a bit longer?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Gratzies to the approvees!!!! Still no movement here... but I anxiously check every day... am thinking it might be worth getting Jeremy to call... what do people think? Will it make a scrap of difference or should we just stick it out a bit longer?

I think given the NOA1 dates of recent CSC approvals your NOA2 should be any day now!! A call won't hurt you either way. They'll either just say that you are within the 6 month processing period, or if you're lucky they might say your case it with an adjudicator. Or they might just lie, who knows??

I hope you are approved soon Aly! I worry about your wedding date! I was thinking that once you do have the approval, you should have Jeremy ask for help from his Congressman to try to get the petition expedited to NVC and then on to the consulate for a quicker interview date. Worth a shot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.