Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

It is crazy to wait so long, but well, we have to be patient. A lot of may filers have not received NOA2 yet. Do you think that how long it will take for USCIS to get out from tons of workload due to fee increase? Fee has been increased already and much less people are applying for K1 visa now. Why do some people mailed I-129F at the same time, but receive NOA2 at different time?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
It is crazy to wait so long, but well, we have to be patient. A lot of may filers have not received NOA2 yet. Do you think that how long it will take for USCIS to get out from tons of workload due to fee increase? Fee has been increased already and much less people are applying for K1 visa now. Why do some people mailed I-129F at the same time, but receive NOA2 at different time?

Us May filers are hoping we all get approved this month!!! We are all around 135-150 days from filing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I really hope that all May filers receive NOA2 very very very soon.

I have read that a lot of H1B visa applications made the process slow down. I do not know if it is true, but by the end of Sept, USCIS should have completed and published H1Bvisa. Does it mean that other visa process might speed up? I have no idea how they handle each type of visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On the other hand I have a question

My fiancé is in WIS too and I usually arrive in Chicago as well (from france)

I've been delaying my visit because I thought I would get the K1 much faster (illusions...) and now it's just getting too long

However I'm afraid of being denied the entrance eventhough I know I'm entitled to come with my passport as long as I respect the 3 months period

I see that your fiancé came many times during the application process. Did he bring papers to show he was to go back to england?

I've been reading the FAQs section about this matter but I don't have a working contract nor a lease...

Projected date for NOA2 15th of Dec :'(

My fiance came three times in a 2 month period right before we filed and once afterwards. He brought a copy of his work contract but at JFK they never asked him for it. The immigration at JFK lady looked at his passport and then said to him, oh u are coming to see ur fiancee. It's in the computer...so they know already. He's coming again but it's a work related trip. We'll see what happens this time.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: Timeline

Hey all,

I have always tried to maintain a level of patience and I have accepted that this process will take 6 months for me (another CSC consolidation victim here) I know a guy who also sent for his K-1, same as I did; Russian Girl, etc. His as already been full on approved, I mean he has received his NOA2. This really ticked me off, big time. I go to that friggin USCIS website where they now show, under PROCESSING TIMES for k-1 fiancee visa simply "March 15, 2007" someone please tell me ####### that means?

You know, I love my country but our Government processes blow goats.

That is all, thank you and I continue to think positively for all of you, and myself as well. I really like my friend who has been blessed with his K-1 but dude, I am very frustrated as well. :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey all,

I have always tried to maintain a level of patience and I have accepted that this process will take 6 months for me (another CSC consolidation victim here) I know a guy who also sent for his K-1, same as I did; Russian Girl, etc. His as already been full on approved, I mean he has received his NOA2. This really ticked me off, big time. I go to that friggin USCIS website where they now show, under PROCESSING TIMES for k-1 fiancee visa simply "March 15, 2007" someone please tell me ####### that means?

That is all, thank you and I continue to think positively for all of you, and myself as well. I really like my friend who has been blessed with his K-1 but dude, I am very frustrated as well. :crying:

You are a few days behind me. If your girl is like mine, she probably isn't excited to learn she gets to spend another winter in Moscow. What you need is another trip if you haven't seen her in such a long time!

Visa took too long, grew apart and withdrew visa after six months.

Hey all,

When did he send his petition?

The March 15 date on the USCIS Processing Date Report means that as of September 15th, the oldest I-129F petition that CSC was woking on had a receipt date of March 15. Since on that day a March 15 petition was slightly older than 6 months, CSC has to enter the actual date of the oldest petition instead of just entering 6 months.

However, CSC is currently processing May petitions and there are probably only a few left from March and April. Follow the link in my signature to see recent CSC approvals.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

well thats estimated approval date hit december! :crying:

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Well, I am getting ready to take my love back to Chicago to catch his flight. I am going to be so sad - again! I hate this - I hate this - I hate this!!!!! :crying:

been there before... I hate so much the departure gate of chicago...

I see you're seeing each other for Xmas... it's gonna come soon :)

I've been delaying my visit because I thought I would get the K1 much faster (illusions...) and now it's just getting too long

However I'm afraid of being denied the entrance eventhough I know I'm entitled to come with my passport as long as I respect the 3 months period

I see that your fiancé came many times during the application process. Did he bring papers to show he was to go back to england?

I've been reading the FAQs section about this matter but I don't have a working contract nor a lease...

I'm feeling better today - the trip home last night was difficult though. I did get stopped for speeding and was let go with just a "please slow down" - thank God. After 400 miles - it was on the last 5 that I got stopped.

Actually, he will be back in three weeks. He is coming for a 10 day stay and then again probably either end of November or first part of December before his X-mas visit. I know that I am very lucky to get to see him as much as I do. He has had no trouble with immigration when he comes over - he just tells him that he is here visting friends. When he came in this time, he brought one of his bikes in a huge bag and they didn't even ask what was in the bag or took the time to check it out. We have no fear of being denied at any time of the visa. We just don't give them information to warrant questions. So when they ask why - you're visiting friends and how long the stay - just be honest and answer only what they ask. So far so good. :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Well, I am getting ready to take my love back to Chicago to catch his flight. I am going to be so sad - again! I hate this - I hate this - I hate this!!!!! :crying:

I'm feeling better today - the trip home last night was difficult though. I did get stopped for speeding and was let go with just a "please slow down" - thank God. After 400 miles - it was on the last 5 that I got stopped.

Actually, he will be back in three weeks. He is coming for a 10 day stay and then again probably either end of November or first part of December before his X-mas visit. I know that I am very lucky to get to see him as much as I do. He has had no trouble with immigration when he comes over - he just tells him that he is here visting friends. When he came in this time, he brought one of his bikes in a huge bag and they didn't even ask what was in the bag or took the time to check it out. We have no fear of being denied at any time of the visa. We just don't give them information to warrant questions. So when they ask why - you're visiting friends and how long the stay - just be honest and answer only what they ask. So far so good. :dance:

3 weeks is a short time :)

My fiance came three times in a 2 month period right before we filed and once afterwards. He brought a copy of his work contract but at JFK they never asked him for it. The immigration at JFK lady looked at his passport and then said to him, oh u are coming to see ur fiancee. It's in the computer...so they know already. He's coming again but it's a work related trip. We'll see what happens this time.

thanks for both your answers

considering how long the visa process is taking, we find it too hard to wait anymore to see each other

i wanna go!!!!

planning the end of october till mid december :)

if they really have a list with my name on it, maybe i should better answer that i'm going to visit my boyfriend rather than visit my friends...

as i said i dont have a list of a work contract because i work through a temporary agency (didn't bother looking for a real job knowing i would leave for the USA)

VISAJOURNEY advises to bring a copy of the NOA1 and of course i can produce my return ticket

then i hope that my honesty will be sufficient, i can even cry!!!!

and i hope they understand that these situations are hard!

it's only natural to visit your fiancé!!!

it's been 5 months since i left, it's really long

i also plan to bring bank papers to show them i can afford to stay in america (VJ advice too)

but if they ask me nothing i'm not gonna bother :P

honesty being the best solution (and them prob having a list with my name for the K1 and from my other trips) i like it better to answer for the subject of my visit that i'm coming to see my boyfriend

anyone agrees?

i'm so happy about going again!! we can make our engagement official!!!

(we decided to apply shortly after i was back in france because the separation was so hard!)

:thumbs: We have the same projected date for NOA2 I'm going to keep a eyes on you :lol:

and both depending on california SC

Edited by caro06

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-07-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-12

NVC Left : 2008-01-17

Packet 3 Received : 2008-02-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-03-05

Interview Date : 2008-03-20

Visa Received : 2008-03-26

US Entry : 2008-05-04

Marriage : 2008-05-23

I hear from my attorney that because of the fee increase there's been a considerable number of workload added to the CSC, my NOA1 has a July 11th, 2007 date and even though I am hopeful to get my NOA2 shortly I am also cautiously waiting it won't be delayed, if anyone has any comments please reply. I'd be grateful for any information

Antonio y Olga

3 weeks is a short time :)

thanks for both your answers

considering how long the visa process is taking, we find it too hard to wait anymore to see each other

i wanna go!!!!

planning the end of october till mid december :)

if they really have a list with my name on it, maybe i should better answer that i'm going to visit my boyfriend rather than visit my friends...

as i said i dont have a list of a work contract because i work through a temporary agency (didn't bother looking for a real job knowing i would leave for the USA)

VISAJOURNEY advises to bring a copy of the NOA1 and of course i can produce my return ticket

then i hope that my honesty will be sufficient, i can even cry!!!!

and i hope they understand that these situations are hard!

it's only natural to visit your fiancé!!!

it's been 5 months since i left, it's really long

i also plan to bring bank papers to show them i can afford to stay in america (VJ advice too)

but if they ask me nothing i'm not gonna bother :P

honesty being the best solution (and them prob having a list with my name for the K1 and from my other trips) i like it better to answer for the subject of my visit that i'm coming to see my boyfriend

anyone agrees?

i'm so happy about going again!! we can make our engagement official!!!

(we decided to apply shortly after i was back in france because the separation was so hard!)

:thumbs: We have the same projected date for NOA2 I'm going to keep a eyes on you :lol:

and both depending on california SC

Sounds great to me using "boyfriend" instead of "fiance" - best of luck with your plans to visit. Yes, it's always good to have proof - just in case.

My fiancee can also use "business" as a reason because his company is a distributor for my company. Cool, huh?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

well my man will come see me in November he will arrive the 6 of November after 6 month far apart and I will go back with him to spend Xmas over there it is going to be the best help i could dream of while waiting and maybe we will have NOA2 for Xmas present that would be cool

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

April 2007 :Second meeting in Us for a month

June 2007: we engaged our lawyers

17 July 2007 : I-129F send to USCIS California center

22 July 2007 : [1st NOA

16 September 2007 : Half of the waiting time done 60 days

09/22/2007 : day 66 what a long time still to wait........

11/29/2007 : NOA2 YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

03 January 2008 : Package 3 fromthe embassy

17 January 2008 : Medical examination

03 Febuary 2008 / Package 4

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

25 MARCH APPROVED GOT MY K1

05/17/2007: we hope this will be our wedding day.......

dreams are made to come true, Cyril & I are made to be together

.png

I am telling you guys...I think your average approval dates will be shorter than ours are :thumbs: Since they are finishing rest of May filers this week, they can start working on June´s filers next week and there are much less June filers so they will be done with us quickly and then the week after it´s your turn! :thumbs:

I am so hopeful :innocent::whistle:

Filed: Timeline

anyone know when they update the processing dates at CSC currently on March 15th

You can get your receipt number from the back of the cashed cheque. It took them a month to cash our cheque and we still haven't received and NOA1 but since I have a receipt number I am not too bothered by that. I just needed to know it was in the system.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.