Sindhieagle

Adding a newborn at NVC who was not mentioned in original petetion

14 posts in this topic

My case is at NVC. Havent received any receipt bill yet. I was told that should expect to receive the fee bill for only the members mentioned in original I-140 petition and should write to NVC to amend the fee bill with newborn. My question is: 

1. I notice that if i write to NVC , they are taking 2 months+ to respond. Is it true that once i receive the initial fee bill i should expect revised fee bill in additional 2 months time? Can it expedited? 

2. what documents would be sufficient for newborn? 

3. Newborn may not have all the required vaccinations at the time of interview, will it be a problem?

thank you in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This is a work immigrant visa?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 months later...

Hi members - My Petition has been approved by USCIS and I have been waiting for it to be sent to NVC. However, we have a baby (dependent) that we wish to add into our already approved petition. The baby was not mentioned in the form at the time of submission as she was not born at that time but after the approval of petition. Hence, seeking some help on how to add her into our petition. Also, how long will it take for USCIS/NVC to include her and what documents would be required. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi members - My Petition has been approved by USCIS and I have been waiting for it to be sent to NVC. However, we have a baby (dependent) that we wish to add into our already approved petition. The baby was not mentioned in the form at the time of submission as she was not born at that time but after the approval of petition. Hence, seeking some help on how to add her into our petition. Also, how long will it take for USCIS/NVC to include her and what documents would be required. 

1 hour ago, Sindhieagle said:

Hi members - My Petition has been approved by USCIS and I have been waiting for it to be sent to NVC. However, we have a baby (dependent) that we wish to add into our already approved petition. The baby was not mentioned in the form at the time of submission as she was not born at that time but after the approval of petition. Hence, seeking some help on how to add her into our petition. Also, how long will it take for USCIS/NVC to include her and what documents would be required. 

Can you fill out your timeline and profile, please?

It would be helpful to know the visa you are applying for.... 

Check out this information:

How do I add a derivative family member to my case?

On the case summary page’s status chart, there are two buttons under “Applicant Information.” To add or remove a family member from your case, click on the appropriate button. You will have to enter information about your family member, including name, address, email, and relationship to you. The new derivative visa applicant’ name will then appear on the list of applicants and you will have to pay the Immigrant Visa Fee, complete a Form DS-260 application, and upload civil documents for that person. However, it will take approximately one hour after adding a family member before the option to pay the Immigrant Visa Application Fee is active.

Note that some visa categories are only for unmarried persons, and a change in marital status could make you ineligible for that visa category. Typically eligibility for a visa category depends on the legal status of the petitioning family member in the United States, your age, and your marital status. You can find a list of immigrant visa categories on our website with details on the eligibility requirements for each type of immigrant visa. 

Edited by ROK2USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Were you a US Citizen when the kid was born? That's important whether or not kid is getting a visa.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** three threads on the same issue merged.  Please do not post more than once on a question- if you have extra info or follow-on questions, post them as a reply to this thread, otherwise it is considered spamming ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

4 hours ago, ROK2USA said:

Can you fill out your timeline and profile, please?

It would be helpful to know the visa you are applying for.... 

Check out this information:

How do I add a derivative family member to my case?

On the case summary page’s status chart, there are two buttons under “Applicant Information.” To add or remove a family member from your case, click on the appropriate button. You will have to enter information about your family member, including name, address, email, and relationship to you. The new derivative visa applicant’ name will then appear on the list of applicants and you will have to pay the Immigrant Visa Fee, complete a Form DS-260 application, and upload civil documents for that person. However, it will take approximately one hour after adding a family member before the option to pay the Immigrant Visa Application Fee is active.

Note that some visa categories are only for unmarried persons, and a change in marital status could make you ineligible for that visa category. Typically eligibility for a visa category depends on the legal status of the petitioning family member in the United States, your age, and your marital status. You can find a list of immigrant visa categories on our website with details on the eligibility requirements for each type of immigrant visa. 

@ROK2USA Thank you so much for your response. It means I need to wait until I am able to access the CEAC? Sure, I will newbie so will try to update the profile/timeline. 

3 minutes ago, Sindhieagle said:

@ROK2USA Thank you so much for your response. It means I need to wait until I am able to access the CEAC? Sure, I will newbie so will try to update the profile/timeline. 

Yep! But, are you a US citizen petitioning your spouse or are you an LPR petitioning your spouse?

If you are a USC you'll need to either obtain a CRBA for your child OR you'll need to file an I-130 for you child.

If you are an LPR you'll probably be able to add a derivative to the case... 

Ah~ see merged threads.

You'll probably be able to add your kid as a derivative when you're able to access CEAC. 

Edited by ROK2USA

2 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

Yep! But, are you a US citizen petitioning your spouse or are you an LPR petitioning your spouse?

If you are a USC you'll need to either obtain a CRBA for your child OR you'll need to file an I-130 for you child.

If you are an LPR you'll probably be able to add a derivative to the case... 

Ah~ see merged threads.

You'll probably be able to add your kid as a derivative when you're able to access CEAC. 

No, I am not a US citizen but LPR. Very well understood . I will wait until NVC sends me welcome package and I am able to access the CEAC. 

4 minutes ago, Sindhieagle said:

No, I am not a US citizen but LPR. Very well understood . I will wait until NVC sends me welcome package and I am able to access the CEAC. 

Great! Some petitions take forever to approval so it appears as if NVC will let you add derivatives to your case~ you should be good to go! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.