RONNIE T GEORGE

221g and then 2nd interview. (merged)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I had my first interview on Dec 3rd 2021 and got a refusal letter which instructed me to submit Child's birth certificate, my passport  and my fiancee's visit stamp in her Us passport. I submitted them immediately after 1day. After a week they asked me to submit antinental visit health records of my fiancee during gestation period and I did it immediately. After another week I was asked to submit photos,chats,emails as proof of relationship and I did that. Then after 8 days a got another email which instructed me that I'm supposed to go for a second interview but slots aren't available.As I'm waiting for slots they told me to put together   WhatsApp chats from 10th July to 24th July 2021. My child was born on 17th July.  I'm really wondering what my chances of approval could be. What really happens on 2nd interview and what could be the reason for inviting me for 2nd interview in my case? Some advise please 

53 minutes ago, RONNIE T GEORGE said:

I had my first interview on Dec 3rd 2021 and got a refusal letter which instructed me to submit Child's birth certificate, my passport  and my fiancee's visit stamp in her Us passport. I submitted them immediately after 1day. After a week they asked me to submit antinental visit health records of my fiancee during gestation period and I did it immediately. After another week I was asked to submit photos,chats,emails as proof of relationship and I did that. Then after 8 days a got another email which instructed me that I'm supposed to go for a second interview but slots aren't available.As I'm waiting for slots they told me to put together   WhatsApp chats from 10th July to 24th July 2021. My child was born on 17th July.  I'm really wondering what my chances of approval could be. What really happens on 2nd interview and what could be the reason for inviting me for 2nd interview in my case? Some advise please 

Any red flags?

1 minute ago, RONNIE T GEORGE said:

Not really 

Well, I agree that it is good you've been given options to submit more documentation to help them make a decision.  Best of luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree, it seems you have been responding to the RFEs accordingly, so hopefully an interview slot will open up soon.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

I agree, it seems you have been responding to the RFEs accordingly, so hopefully an interview slot will open up soon.

Good Luck!

It's my prayer ..thanks alot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Agree that the 2nd interview and your chances are good

i hope in those emails they asked for neither of you referred to the other as "my wife"   " my husband"  as i have seen that done in African countries

seems even though you do not think you have any red flags,  the embassy does

u may still go thru a long AP before an approval

or denied 

still asking for your passport is the best of all the RFE's u can get 

Congratulations on the new baby

Best to u both

Timeline
4 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Agree that the 2nd interview and your chances are good

i hope in those emails they asked for neither of you referred to the other as "my wife"   " my husband"  as i have seen that done in African countries

seems even though you do not think you have any red flags,  the embassy does

u may still go thru a long AP before an approval

or denied 

still asking for your passport is the best of all the RFE's u can get 

Congratulations on the new baby

Best to u both

Thanks for a wise comment 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I received an email from the us embassy that I will be required to attend 2nd k1 visa interview after 221g request for documents which I did 3 times and submitted my Passort too via DHL courier . What does this mean on my case? Who schedules the 2nd interview ? Me or the embassy? If it's me, how do I do it? Advise please. Thanks

17 minutes ago, RONNIE T GEORGE said:

I received an email from the us embassy that I will be required to attend 2nd k1 visa interview after 221g request for documents which I did 3 times and submitted my Passort too via DHL courier . What does this mean on my case? Who schedules the 2nd interview ? Me or the embassy? If it's me, how do I do it? Advise please. Thanks

It means they do not have enough information about you to make a decision to approve or deny yet.

• Ontarkie changed the title to 221g and then 2nd interview. (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged. Please keep all related questions to one thread. It helps members give the best possible replies when all the information is in one thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.