POLLI2832

I-751 SELF PETITION(DIVORCE) HELP

16 posts in this topic

Hello, my lawyer filed my I-751 divorce petition to USCIS on Sep 26 2021.

My case updated to fingerprint yesterday.

I found the error that she filed I-751 with missing information on the form.

I have couple question about the I-751 divorce petition form.

I prepared the document except I-751 form.

lawyer checked box only my marriage was entered in good faith , but the marriage was terminated through divorce or annulment. and leave the blank on Part 4 (relationship 1.a and 1.b. and other information 2.a. 2.b 2.c 3 4 5 6).

Lawyer insisted I submit the petition by myself, so he leave blank in previous case and it was correct direction. However, in my opinion, I need to fill out all info..

Can you guys help which one is correct.

I also checked box on I resided other address after I receive permanent resident card. However, He didn't provide additional info( address and duration) on additional page.

What do I do?

I don't know which one is correct 

Once the form is wrong, is there any option to revise the form and submit to USCIS?

Please help me !!

Thank you

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 6.35.19 PM 1.png

If you already received the NOA1, the case was accepted and you'll receive a request for evidence asking you to fill the blank fields in a few months, so there is nothing to do now but wait.

10 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

If you already received the NOA1, the case was accepted and you'll receive a request for evidence asking you to fill the blank fields in a few months, so there is nothing to do now but wait.

Thank you for your answer.

Did you have similar experience?

I talk with lawyer that he can request to replace the form. 

I just want to know those part must be filled out?

14 minutes ago, POLLI2832 said:

Thank you for your answer.

Did you have similar experience?

I talk with lawyer that he can request to replace the form. 

I just want to know those part must be filled out?

No one can request USCIS to replace a form. Once it is sent you must wait.

And, yes, the information about your former spouse must be included in the form.

Did you already receive the NOA1?

13 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

No one can request USCIS to replace a form. Once it is sent you must wait.

And, yes, the information about your former spouse must be included in the form.

Did you already receive the NOA1?

Yes, I already received the 24 month extension letter and my status changed to fingerprint.

I don't know my lawyer don't have experience about that.

I ask him that he have experience to file the I-751 like my situation and he said yes and he know how to revise the form to send it.

6 minutes ago, POLLI2832 said:

Yes, I already received the 24 month extension letter and my status changed to fingerprint.

I don't know my lawyer don't have experience about that.

I ask him that he have experience to file the I-751 like my situation and he said yes and he know how to revise the form to send it.

You didn't need a lawyer in the first place.

Unfortunately many cases around the forum become complicated thanks to those lawyers who claim being experienced on the matter.

So as I mentioned earlier, expect a request for evidence letter that will ask you to fill those fields. It is not a big issue but will delay things even more.

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

5 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Unfortunately many cases around the forum become complicated thanks to those lawyers who claim being experienced on the matter.

So as I mentioned earlier, expect a request for evidence letter that will ask you to fill those fields. It is not a big issue but will delay things even more.

I understood what you said.

I was filed I-485 by myself, and it was approved without lawyer.

However, I don't know some info that I need to put in the format. Because ex spouse address is not in USA.

I don't know I got stressed. He mentioned that he had experience, but I think he don't have any experience like my case.

1 minute ago, POLLI2832 said:

I understood what you said.

I was filed I-485 by myself, and it was approved without lawyer.

However, I don't know some info that I need to put in the format. Because ex spouse address is not in USA.

I don't know I got stressed. He mentioned that he had experience, but I think he don't have any experience like my case.

You can stop using this lawyer's services and just wait for the RFE that you will likely receive.

7 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Did you file the I-751 waive petition too?

He mentioned that interview is no exception for all individuals filer.

I readed many experience in this forum, but some had change to waive the interview.

He said that I can explain the blank info on the interview.

I said I have chance to waive the interview.

3 minutes ago, POLLI2832 said:

Did you file the I-751 waive petition too?

He mentioned that interview is no exception for all individuals filer.

I readed many experience in this forum, but some had change to waive the interview.

He said that I can explain the blank info on the interview.

I said I have chance to waive the interview.

The interview can be waived if you went through AOS and are still married. In your case you will very likely be interviewed.

Indeed you can switch to divorce waiver during interview but you were already divorced when you filed, weren't you?

33 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

The interview can be waived if you went through AOS and are still married. In your case you will very likely be interviewed.

Indeed you can switch to divorce waiver during interview but you were already divorced when you filed, weren't you?

Yeah already divorced and attached the decree of dissolution paper.

I heard that no matter what joint or self petitioner can waive the interview depend on situation on USCIS article.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, POLLI2832 said:

I heard that no matter what joint or self petitioner can waive the interview depend on situation on USCIS article.

The decision whether to waive the interview or not is not yours to make, it will be up to the USCIS officer.  All you can do at this point is wait and see what happens.  ROC is taking a very long time right now, so patience will be your friend for a year or two.  Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.