Joe98

Having issues paying fees on ceac website

10 posts in this topic

I’m wondering if anyone else is having this issue. My lawyer told me it as ok to pay the fees on the ceac website. I have tried this entering the case number and the invoice number but it keeps going back to the original page. I don’t know if I am doing something wrong or what but I can’t seem to pay the fees. Anyone else having this issue? What do I do about this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Joe98 said:

I’m wondering if anyone else is having this issue. My lawyer told me it as ok to pay the fees on the ceac website. I have tried this entering the case number and the invoice number but it keeps going back to the original page. I don’t know if I am doing something wrong or what but I can’t seem to pay the fees. Anyone else having this issue? What do I do about this?

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/
Click on step 5.  You have 3 options to pay the fee, which is awesome because my fiancee had to go directly to a bank for her fee.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Joe98 said:

When I first filed the K1 the attorney asked if I wanted to pay the filing fees with a credit card, the same card I used to pay him, but for some reason the card would not work om the USCIS website (It's never been an issue before). So the attorney contacted me after they rejected my card and asked if I wanted them to cut a check from their law office for me to pay the filing fee. Used the same card to pay the attorney back

Hey Marjhi, I probably didn’t make myself clear. I did the same thing you did when I first filled my k1 visa petition with the lawyer. Now my case is saying that it is ready on the ceac website. My lawyer’s secretary is going on vacation but she will fill out the ds160 form which is needed before the interview can be scheduled. She told me I should go ahead and pay the next set of fees so she can get the information set up so the consulate will process the application. Since I have been checking the ceac website and it stated the my case was ready, I have been trying to pay the fees by putting in the case number and invoice number. But the website not take it or will not continue with the payment process. And I don’t really know what to do at this point. I did attempt to call the nvc but they are closed due to inclement weather and will not be open until Monday January 10th. I emailed the secretary to let her know of my issues trying to pay these process fees and I told her I would see what I could do. As of now the website will still not finish the process. This is why I’m on here attempting to get help from anyone who might have already been through this headache. I’m hoping to not have to wait a whole week until the secretary gets back to do this. This is my situation now. 

1 hour ago, Joe98 said:

I have attempted to ask this question earlier but I have to assume that maybe others are getting tired of seeing questions repeated but I will try again. In reference to filling out the ds 160 form, do I need to pay the fees before it is filled out or after? My k1 visa petition for my Filipino fiancee in the Philippines is in ready status according to the ceac website. My lawyer's secretary is going to fill it out for me but she will do it after she returns from vacation which is fine. She told me I could go ahead and pay the fees. The problem is that every time I fill out the case number and invoice number and then enter the security code, the stupid page goes back to the sign in page where I have to enter the information again. I don't know if you have to submit the ds160 first or after but it will not bring to any type of payment page. The nvc is closed until Monday due to inclement weather. I am unable to find out what is going on and I have already posted this question here but I am not getting any response. I am realizing that I may have to either call the nvc or email them or wait for my lawyer's secretary to return from vacation and maybe she can help. But the ceac website is not letting me pay the fees. Can anyone here help me with this by any chance? I realize I am asking a lot of questions but I thought this was the place to come for this kind of stuff. I guess I will find out before the day is over. I hope someone can attempt to help me out. 

~ Duplicate thread removed. Please refrain from posting multiple threads on the same or related topics as that is considered spamming per the TOS. Keep all subsequent questions or comments in this thread ~

You do not pay fees on CEAC as K1 is technically non immigrant and you fill out DS 160 (not DS 260 which is immigrant and filled out on CEAC). You have to create a profile on UStraveldocs for Philippines. Thats where you pay fees and schedule your interview. Your lawyer should know this kind of stuff but again, I've come to learn that lawyers are often unreliable. 

EDIT: You do not have to pays fees in order to fill out DS-160. You can fill it out before paying fees on ustraveldocs. Another point of concern in my opinion is asking a lawyer’s secretary to fill out the DS-160. The amount of detailed information it asks, only the applicant (your fiancé)  can answer. I don’t understand how you can rely on a stranger to accurately fill out the info. That’s just my opinion after having gone though the process myself. The best thing you can do it is sit down with your fiancé over a call and do it together so you can translate if needed. 

Edited by powerpuff

3 hours ago, powerpuff said:

~ Duplicate thread removed. Please refrain from posting multiple threads on the same or related topics as that is considered spamming per the TOS. Keep all subsequent questions or comments in this thread ~

You do not pay fees on CEAC as K1 is technically non immigrant and you fill out DS 160 (not DS 260 which is immigrant and filled out on CEAC). You have to create a profile on UStraveldocs for Philippines. Thats where you pay fees and schedule your interview. Your lawyer should know this kind of stuff but again, I've come to learn that lawyers are often unreliable. 

EDIT: You do not have to pays fees in order to fill out DS-160. You can fill it out before paying fees on ustraveldocs. Another point of concern in my opinion is asking a lawyer’s secretary to fill out the DS-160. The amount of detailed information it asks, only the applicant (your fiancé)  can answer. I don’t understand how you can rely on a stranger to accurately fill out the info. That’s just my opinion after having gone though the process myself. The best thing you can do it is sit down with your fiancé over a call and do it together so you can translate if needed. 

Hello powerpuff and thanks for your reply. I will not go into all the reasons for using a lawyer but most have secretaries that handle paperwork. I respect your opinion and concern about me using someone else for the paperwork but I’m going to do what I feel is best for myself and my fiancée. I wanted to reply back to you and let you know that you are right about the us travel docs website but it doesn’t help much as far as paying the fees. In other words the instructions are very confusing and it looks like I have to use a bank in the Philippines even if I want to pay the fees online. I will probably need help doing this unless you want to try and explain what to do and how to do it. I will probably have to call my lawyer about this as well because besides yourself, no one else seems to be willing to help me out on this forum. I do realize that I need to create a profile but I need to know what I am doing before then. 

8 minutes ago, Joe98 said:

In other words the instructions are very confusing and it looks like I have to use a bank in the Philippines even if I want to pay the fees online.

Are you referring to the instructions on ustraveldocs? They do look quite lengthy but seem clear. Regarding having to use a bank in the Philippines, that’s normal and is the same with almost every consulate in other countries. I also had to use my country’s bank to pay the fee, there’s no way my now husband (the petitioner) could have paid the fee from the US. 

1 hour ago, powerpuff said:

Are you referring to the instructions on ustraveldocs? They do look quite lengthy but seem clear. Regarding having to use a bank in the Philippines, that’s normal and is the same with almost every consulate in other countries. I also had to use my country’s bank to pay the fee, there’s no way my now husband (the petitioner) could have paid the fee from the US. 

I wanted to ask you about the ustraveldocs website.  You mentioned that I needed to create an account.  Can the petitioner create the account for him or does it have to be for the beneficiary?  I realize this might be a stupid question but it says apply for a us visa in the Philippines and i don't know if the account can be in my name or my fiancee.  Also, it looks like i can actually pay the fee myself using pesonet according to the website.  She would just need the information for safe keeping. 

22 minutes ago, Joe98 said:

I wanted to ask you about the ustraveldocs website.  You mentioned that I needed to create an account.  Can the petitioner create the account for him or does it have to be for the beneficiary?  I realize this might be a stupid question but it says apply for a us visa in the Philippines and i don't know if the account can be in my name or my fiancee.  Also, it looks like i can actually pay the fee myself using pesonet according to the website.  She would just need the information for safe keeping. 

I believe it he to be for the beneficiary since she’s the primary applicant for the visa. 

*** Moved from K1 Progress Reports to the Philippine regional forum, for country-specific input ***

On 1/7/2022 at 7:33 PM, Joe98 said:

My lawyer told me it as ok to pay the fees on the ceac website.

If your lawyer or their staff told you K1 applicants pay the MRV fee through the CEAC website, I recommend you switch to another lawyer.  Anyway...  It has been years since I applied for a non-immigrant visa, but I paid the MRV fee online through my Philippine bank's website.  The US embassy-accredited bank may have changed now, but payments for non-immigrant visas are still made through a local bank.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.