Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,955 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Ghugho said:

I am in my 15th month with DoS. I612 and I 613 was received in December 2020 . I will say don't panic, just take it easy. There's nothing else we can do. 

When I made an email inquiry the autoreplay was they are having a system maintainance from 10:00-2:00 until Apr 29. Im still waiting for a reply coming from a representative. My friends who filed No Objection they were denied and theIr decision was received within the time frame. Even I wanted to go back to work to help my husband we can not do anything just to wait.

39 minutes ago, Pillowchis said:

When I made an email inquiry the autoreplay was they are having a system maintainance from 10:00-2:00 until Apr 29. Im still waiting for a reply coming from a representative. My friends who filed No Objection they were denied and theIr decision was received within the time frame. Even I wanted to go back to work to help my husband we can not do anything just to wait.

What is the basis of your waiver application- NOS or Hardship? When your application was received by Waiver Review Division at DC?

Do you know why the NOS-based waiver of your friend(s) was denied? Was their J program funded by US government or home country? Was your friend(s) Fullbright Fellow?

Edited by Amoyar_Dever

1 hour ago, Pillowchis said:

They will eventually reply you expect 1 to 3 months but don't send them multiple inquiries, due to covid they are backed up. 

They did reply me last month, and said my file is complete and they will process it as soon as possible 

2 hours ago, Pillowchis said:

There are horror stories and good ones.

DoS might not reply to the representative either. You have to wait it out 😕 

On 4/5/2022 at 11:15 PM, Ghugho said:

I am in my 15th month with DoS. I612 and I 613 was received in December 2020 . I will say don't panic, just take it easy. There's nothing else we can do. 

Did you receive Fulbrigth or any government funding? Are all hardship waivers taking this long or the ones with government funding?

1 hour ago, HardshipWaiverApr said:

Did you receive Fulbrigth or any government funding? Are all hardship waivers taking this long or the ones with government funding?

Govt funding. And I do not know, I have seen people getting decisions within 6 months -  and I have seen people waiting for 3 years. No idea what happens with certain cases.  There is a gentleman on visa journey -  unfortunately, his waiver was rejeceted after waiting 2.5 years. 

On 3/9/2022 at 12:19 PM, COPK said:

Hi, I have a similar case too. My hardship waiver with USCIS started in 2019. And in March 2021 USCIS requested DOS opinion. I didn’t know that we can apply to DOS at same time, so I sent my waiver application to DOS 6 months after USCIS requested their opinion. DOS received my I-612 and I-613 in December 2021 and I haven’t got any updates since then. I’m not sure what to do now. Should I email them or contact my local congress office for help?

Hello, do you have any update? Similar to you, USCIS has sent my I-612/I-613 to DoS on Dec 15, 2021. DoS updated as received on March 13, 2022!! 

On 3/25/2022 at 12:02 AM, Pillowchis said:

I know how you feel. You are waiting longer than me.  DoS is taking so long. They received  my I613 for almost 6 months now. It worries me.

Hi P, Did you hear anything from DoS?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.