Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,957 posts in this topic

On 5/3/2022 at 11:23 PM, Ricardo waiver said:

Hey friends finally my hardship waiver was approved today. 5 months at USCIS and 15 months at DOS. Multiples expedite requests and senator inquiries with only generic answers finally approved. Got USCIS approval in 10 days

Good luck

Congrats, good for you.

On 5/11/2022 at 12:24 PM, AnasMD said:

May I ask when did you submit the inquiry? And when was your i612/613 received?

seems like some fairly recently filed applications are getting approved, while some older ones are still pending!

I am also interested to know! Can you share when did the DoS receive I-612/I-613? Mine was sent on 15 Dec 2021 but DoS updated that these have received on 13 March 2022! It took three months from California to reach to  D.C.?

On 5/3/2022 at 11:23 PM, Ricardo waiver said:

Hey friends finally my hardship waiver was approved today. 5 months at USCIS and 15 months at DOS. Multiples expedite requests and senator inquiries with only generic answers finally approved. Got USCIS approval in 10 days

Good luck

Hi Ricardo. Congratulations. When is your j1 ending?

1 hour ago, RASHAB said:

I am also interested to know! Can you share when did the DoS receive I-612/I-613? Mine was sent on 15 Dec 2021 but DoS updated that these have received on 13 March 2022! It took three months from California to reach to  D.C.?

Hi Rashab. What is your j1 end date? 

On 5/12/2022 at 2:07 PM, Hardship_waiver said:

Hi Ricardo. Congratulations. When is your j1 ending?

Hi Rashab. What is your j1 end date? 

Dear Hardship_waiver:

It was ended last March 2021. Without waiver, I am neither able to proceed adjustment of my status nor to apply/ask even for H1B for a job! The earlier application under NOS was stuck on the EMB. So, hardship is only the option at this moment. I don't know why it takes too long!!  

12 hours ago, RASHAB said:

Dear Hardship_waiver:

It was ended last March 2021. Without waiver, I am neither able to proceed adjustment of my status nor to apply/ask even for H1B for a job! The earlier application under NOS was stuck on the EMB. So, hardship is only the option at this moment. I don't know why it takes too long!!  

Mined ended June 2021. You are correct without waiver we can not move forward 🙁

Hello,

Posting my timeline below. Received a favorable recommendation for hardship waiver. No Fullbright.  Requested expedite process which was denied. 

Here is my timeline: 

USCIS received my docs sometime in 2/2021

8/10/2021 - I-612/I-613 sent to DOS

9/8/2021 - DOS received I-612/I-613

5/19/2022 - favorable recommendation sent to USCIS.

Good luck everyone!!

Edited by Hard ship J1

5 hours ago, Hard ship J1 said:

Hello,

Posting my timeline below. Received a favorable recommendation for hardship waiver. No Fullbright.  Requested expedite process which was denied. 

Here is my timeline: 

Good luck everyone!!

Congratulations happy for you , go ahead enjoy your life

5 hours ago, Hard ship J1 said:

Hello,

Here is my timeline: 

Good luck everyone!!

Congratulations!

I’m running out of time as I need the waiver before September. Now you gave me some hope as my timeline is 2 months behind yours!

all the best with your next step!

On 5/20/2022 at 3:25 PM, Hard ship J1 said:

Hello,

Here is my timeline: 

Good luck everyone!!

Did you had government funding? Or sponsor was a private entity? TIA

On 5/20/2022 at 9:37 PM, AnasMD said:

Congratulations!

I’m running out of time as I need the waiver before September. Now you gave me some hope as my timeline is 2 months behind yours!

all the best with your next step!

Dear AnasMD,

Best wishes on your waiver. Would you mind sharing your detailed DOS (j1 status) time table? I am worried why are they taking too much time? It is neither I-140 nor I 485 application!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.