Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,971 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Robble42 said:

It does seem suspicious. We complained to the Constitutional Law Center for Muslims in America, but they only deal with systemic issues. Maybe if they get enough complaints about this, they'll file a class action lawsuit.

I’m not from Pakistan and my application has been with DOS for 14 months. I know people from different nationalities and they all have been in a similar situation to ours. It’s a systemic problem, but has nothing to do with applicant’s origin.

1 hour ago, AnasMD said:

I’m not from Pakistan and my application has been with DOS for 14 months. I know people from different nationalities and they all have been in a similar situation to ours. It’s a systemic problem, but has nothing to do with applicant’s origin.

Agree. I’m not from Pakistan and 16 months now at DoS

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

I am sorry it seems that the ID of the officer is not shown in the notice. I don't find it. Just try your best to work through it. I haven't received the denial notice, and I have no idea about the reasons. In the RFE notice, it said I am not the first author in the publications. However, I am the first author or co-first author in 3 papers I listed as significant projects. The notice also said, even the citation examples are remarkable, but it doesn't mean it is widely comment. Even though the citation number is high, no evidence support it is due to my individual contribution. Even the model I established is used in industry for new technique, but no data support the new technique is widely used.   I also had an approved EB1 some months ago. It seems some officers are very strict. Hopefully, it is helpful for you and good luck.

thank you

3 hours ago, J1 Physician said:

I have hardship waiver pending at DOS. From the timeline these days it can take upto an year mode. My questions are as follows:

1- if I get J1 extension based on my boards, can I exit USA and get J1 stamped on basis of my new DS2019 after extension to re-enter? considering i have hardship pending at dos

2- my husband will be on H1b. After approval of my hardship waiver, can I switch to H4?

3- can I re-enter USA on B1/B2 after my extension ends to stay with my husband while i wait for my hardship? 

Please share your thoughts with experiences.

1- not sure 

2 yes definitely 

3 I think so, but kindly ask your lawyer

Timeline
5 hours ago, AnasMD said:

3 hours ago, DrIdaddoq said:

Agree. I’m not from Pakistan and 16 months now at DoS

I think you should look into the timelines of people from similar countries to yours to see if there's an extra delay or if its within the same timeframe. 

47 minutes ago, Robble42 said:

I think you should look into the timelines of people from similar countries to yours to see if there's an extra delay or if its within the same timeframe. 

Whether you compare it to same nationality or different nationalities, everyone I know is hitting 12-16 months at the DOS. Again, being from Pakistan or not does NOT make any difference to them.

1 minute ago, AnasMD said:

Whether you compare it to same nationality or different nationalities, everyone I know is hitting 12-16 months at the DOS. Again, being from Pakistan or not does NOT make any difference to them.

It seems like to waive two years of home residency, They make you wait two year in processing, even if  the application is on the basis of extreme hardship conditions( medical,  financial, ..etc) which doesn't make any sense. 

Due to the delay recommendation from DOS (9 months, still pending) and a denied O1, my whole family has to leave the US and return to my home country in several days. No job, no income, no medical care, no school. My US kid with medical problem is on the way losing every support. Helpless and desperate! I hope you will have a good luck.

4 hours ago, PeterW said:

Due to the delay recommendation from DOS (9 months, still pending) and a denied O1, my whole family has to leave the US and return to my home country in several days. No job, no income, no medical care, no school. My US kid with medical problem is on the way losing every support. Helpless and desperate! I hope you will have a good luck.

It's so sad and unfair. This system is fundamentally broken 

4 hours ago, PeterW said:

I'm very sorry to hear this. Don't give up though. Try to consult with a few immigration lawyers as soon as possible. The consultation fee is usually 100-150 dollars but one of them may be able to do something. 

34 minutes ago, g3dan00 said:

I'm very sorry to hear this. Don't give up though. Try to consult with a few immigration lawyers as soon as possible. The consultation fee is usually 100-150 dollars but one of them may be able to do something. 

Thank you for your comment. I extremely need a professional consultant. But I don't know how to find a suitable attorney for this issue.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
55 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Thank you for your comment. I extremely need a professional consultant. But I don't know how to find a suitable attorney for this issue.

"Ask a Pro"  VJ Partners

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

"Ask a Pro"  VJ Partners

That is a good idea. Thanks

19 minutes ago, Hanijani said:

Consult Jeffries and Corigliano immigration law firm. They are not my lawyers, i myself am consulting them, someone suggested them to me.  Consultation fee is 100$. And they have appointments in Feb available only.

Great. I just sent them an email. I will call them tomorrow. Thanks

9 hours ago, PeterW said:

Some file b1/b2 before expiry of there status. It gives you legal status to stay and in the meantime you might get your waiver and file the next status. You are very close, but it's sad to see how system is working here. It's not a green card, it's just a waiver and they are taking 2 years for it. They should have given decision on time so you could plan better for your suffering USC child. Hardship waiver has failed it's purpose. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.