Sarge2155

I - 751 January 2022 Filers

1,059 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Noname93 said:

My package arrived on the 29th and I got the notification today, so it shouldn't be long for you

You will be alright my friend.  I know you had bad luck with your AOS, but this will go through fine I'm sure.   They received our packet on the 21st, and then we got the text on the 25th, and then they cashed our check on the 26th.

4 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

No check cashed yet. I mean, they received the packet on the 1st at the end of the day, but still. Come on, don't have me waiting for 57 days like you did with my AOS....

I'm feeling like it's gonna be tomorrow or Saturday!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 minute ago, Yannary said:

Our packet was delivered Monday the 31st in the morning via UPS. Still no text message but I am thinking tomorrow, hopefully. 

I won't guarantee it, but I am guessing 90% probability or higher that you get it tomorrow.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Yannary said:

Our packet was delivered Monday the 31st in the morning via UPS. Still no text message but I am thinking tomorrow, hopefully. 

Ours was delivered on the 1st at 6 pm. So my guess is either Saturday or Monday 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

On 2/1/2022 at 6:41 PM, Sarge2155 said:

Up to and including the AOS phase you have not been required to send bank statements! During the AOS not many couples have as much documentation as they are newly married. USCIS understands that fact. However during the ROC phase couples have lived together for 2+ years so USCIS will expect much more documentation. As I said before you can only send in what you have. If the bank accounts show each of your names by all means send them in. A simple explanation like you provided here is all you need. Any shortcomings that you think you may have in your ROC packet it's best to be proactive and explain it. USCIS appreciates that and it will save you usually from a RFE. Life happens, life is not a perfect world neither is immigration's...so explain your perceived shortcomings, address your letter to the AO that's all you need to do besides not worrying or stressing out.

If your spouse does not work you would not have a co-mingling of incomes would you? Some couples are only a one income household nothing wrong with that, just explain it simple as that. Cover all your weak areas with a logical explanation (true explanation not sugar coated.) The fact you live with your parents and have no utility bills etc, is not a big deal you simply explain it to USCIS that you chose that arrangement to care for your sick parents easy pee-say!!!!

When does your window open? If I remember correctly you got about a couple of months before it opens right? Don't sweat it you got plenty of time, but the fact that you are on it now is a good thing so RELAX YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!

Thank you!  Our window opens in September, so I am just studying up on what I can do for shortcomings.  Also, to start contacting whomever on whatever I need that I might have missed in 2021.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Yannary said:

Ours was received in the morning on Monday the 31st as well.  I got the text this morning with the case number. Still haven't cashed the check yet. 

Timeline

My wife's green card expired on Jan. 31st.  I was gathering all of the evidence and getting the house deed transferred to both our names so I was running late.  I took the package to the UPS airport location here at DFW on Jan. 27th and sent it Next Day Air with signature required to make sure it would get there on the 28th.  It was sorted incorrectly and went to California instead of Phoenix.  After several calls to Oops...I mean UPS I was able to finally speak to a person at the CA location that told me she had the package and it was going to be delivered on Monday the 31st.  I was SOOOO nervous because that is the last day USCIS can receive it before it is late!!!  It showed that it would be delivered by 8AM on Monday the 31st.  I knew there would not be anyone there to sign for it until the office opened at 9, but I figured UPS new that and would just deliver it later.  When I woke up on Monday, I get a text from UPS saying they tried to deliver it at 7:08AM but no one was there to sign. Next delivery attempt is on Tuesday.  I am shaking and freaking out....I call UPS and explain to them again that it is my wife's immigration paperwork and she could be deported if it is not received in time.  They told me someone would call me back within an hour.  I head to work super stressed and without breakfast.  I received a text at 9:13AM that it was delivered.  I cried with joy.  

Don't be like me and wait until the last minute......   When I received the text this morning from the USCIS saying it was received on the 31st I was so relieved.  Now I have the case number and can track the progress. We are shut in with ice right now so enjoying the time together.  I hope I gave enough evidence and everything goes through smoothly!

Edited by burritohut

36 minutes ago, burritohut said:

My wife's green card expired on Jan. 31st.  I was gathering all of the evidence and getting the house deed transferred to both our names so I was running late.  I took the package to the UPS airport location here at DFW on Jan. 27th and sent it Next Day Air with signature required to make sure it would get there on the 28th.  It was sorted incorrectly and went to California instead of Phoenix.  After several calls to Oops...I mean UPS I was able to finally speak to a person at the CA location that told me she had the package and it was going to be delivered on Monday the 31st.  I was SOOOO nervous because that is the last day USCIS can receive it before it is late!!!  It showed that it would be delivered by 8AM on Monday the 31st.  I knew there would not be anyone there to sign for it until the office opened at 9, but I figured UPS new that and would just deliver it later.  When I woke up on Monday, I get a text from UPS saying they tried to deliver it at 7:08AM but no one was there to sign. Next delivery attempt is on Tuesday.  I am shaking and freaking out....I call UPS and explain to them again that it is my wife's immigration paperwork and she could be deported if it is not received in time.  They told me someone would call me back within an hour.  I head to work super stressed and without breakfast.  I received a text at 9:13AM that it was delivered.  I cried with joy.  

Don't be like me and wait until the last minute......   When I received the text this morning from the USCIS saying it was received on the 31st I was so relieved.  Now I have the case number and can track the progress. We are shut in with ice right now so enjoying the time together.  I hope I gave enough evidence and everything goes through smoothly!

The snow is not welcome we are inside too. DFW can't  handle this remember last year?

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

The snow is not welcome we are inside too. DFW can't  handle this remember last year?

I was SO lucky last year.  My house must be on the same power grid as the Hospital because I never lost power here in Fort Worth.  

Just now, burritohut said:

I was SO lucky last year.  My house must be on the same power grid as the Hospital because I never lost power here in Fort Worth.  

Wow we are in Fort Worth too, Howdy neighbor!!!

Citizenship Complete!

Just now, burritohut said:

Howdy! This global warming is making me cold!

Lol, when you get your biometrics information be sure to holler, I'll  do the same as we are Texas Service Center too. They are suppose to be fairly quick processing ROCs!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Lol, when you get your biometrics information be sure to holler, I'll  do the same as we are Texas Service Center too. They are suppose to be fairly quick processing ROCs!

Will do!!

Still no text message for us. Every horror scenario possible is starting to play in my head. Now I am questioning whether I signed the form or not, as I have no recollection of doing so 😅

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.