RamonGomez

Name TYPO on I-797 NOA for ROC

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, RamonGomez said:

Awesome! I'm going to send out a similar letter to MSC service center on Monday. Thanks so much again :) 

You’re welcome…. Wishing you the best of luck. 😃 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mira T said:

You’re welcome…. Wishing you the best of luck. 😃 

Thanks! And one last quick question - from the time you sent out the letter, how long did it take to get the call/case status change? I want to make sure I'm nearby in case they call...

Timeline
1 minute ago, RamonGomez said:

Thanks! And one last quick question - from the time you sent out the letter, how long did it take to get the call/case status change? I want to make sure I'm nearby in case they call...

I sent the letter on January 18 but usps had a delay so the letter got to uscis on January 24th and I received a text last night telling me to get ready to receive a call within 5 business days, from a certain number that they sent to me . I saved the number in my contacts just so I don’t miss it and today at exactly 7 am, they called me. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

I sent the letter on January 18 but usps had a delay so the letter got to uscis on January 24th and I received a text last night telling me to get ready to receive a call within 5 business days, from a certain number that they sent to me . I saved the number in my contacts just so I don’t miss it and today at exactly 7 am, they called me. 

editing to correct this info. I just checked the tracking details. Uscis actually received my letter on 1/31/2022 meaning it took just three days to call me after receiving the letter and they updated my case status same day. All other information is correct tho. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
Just now, RamonGomez said:

Congratulations, I'm glad it all worked out for you. I sent the letter last week so hoping for an update soon :)

Thank you. Praying everything works out for you as well. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

By the way, did you ever get the new letter, or were you able to get your passport stamped?

I got stamped two weeks ago but my new Letter is on its way to me now. I got an email from uscis yesterday, saying they sent me a new letter with my correct names. 

Timeline
On 2/22/2022 at 9:15 AM, Mira T said:

Thank you. Praying everything works out for you as well. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE!

I sent the letter to NBC (Missouri Service Center) last week and checked my stepdaughter's status today! I can't believe how quick USCIS actually responded to snail mail, less than a week from when they received it:

image.png.c9b4a9f818901e8e198a7b7832629a55.png

I didn't get a call or text to set up an InfoPass, but I'm praying this means a new extension letter will be sent out. I'll wait 2-3 weeks and if I don't get the letter I'll call. Thanks again for your suggestion of writing in directly to the service center!!!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE!

I sent the letter to NBC (Missouri Service Center) last week and checked my stepdaughter's status today! I can't believe how quick USCIS actually responded to snail mail, less than a week from when they received it:

image.png.c9b4a9f818901e8e198a7b7832629a55.png

I didn't get a call or text to set up an InfoPass, but I'm praying this means a new extension letter will be sent out. I'll wait 2-3 weeks and if I don't get the letter I'll call. Thanks again for your suggestion of writing in directly to the service center!!!!

Finally! You don’t need an info pass anymore imho. I regret spending my money and wasting my time traveling to them but it’s because I didn’t know I was gonna get my notice that fast. I got my new Notice with correct names three days ago. Your notice will be on its way to you now so no point going for an info pass. Congrats.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mira T said:

Finally! You don’t need an info pass anymore imho. I regret spending my money and wasting my time traveling to them but it’s because I didn’t know I was gonna get my notice that fast. I got my new Notice with correct names three days ago. Your notice will be on its way to you now so no point going for an info pass. Congrats.

Thanks! I guess at least you have a stamp backup in the event you lose the letter or something else happens. I'll update this thread once the new letter comes in.

I’m going through similar situation with my hubby’s last name. Sent two online Typographical error request & received an email response for second one saying they forwarded it to adjudicating officer as only he can fix it.I  called yesterday & they said someone will call me in 30 days for the infopass appointment. Should I just go ahead & sent a request letter or wait for them to call ? How did you get yours fixed after sending the letter ? Did you get stamp or new corrected letter ?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, ujones said:

I’m going through similar situation with my hubby’s last name. Sent two online Typographical error request & received an email response for second one saying they forwarded it to adjudicating officer as only he can fix it.I  called yesterday & they said someone will call me in 30 days for the infopass appointment. Should I just go ahead & sent a request letter or wait for them to call ? How did you get yours fixed after sending the letter ? Did you get stamp or new corrected letter ?

Hello! Just send the letter explaining your situation to them. Make sure you include your hubby’s correct name and his alien reg number, not forgetting his case number. Send it to your service center. You’ll get a response quicker this way.  Do not wait for them to call you. You can check my letter on this thread to have an idea of how I did it 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.