stsel

K-1 Petitioner living abroad

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Apologies, I was looking at the I864 requirements, I think assets can be used on the I134, but am not certain.

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

London allow K1 beneficiaries to self petition, now why you are going the K1 route is another matter but it is what it is.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

9 minutes ago, Boiler said:

London allow K1 beneficiaries to self petition, now why you are going the K1 route is another matter but it is what it is.

I am going the K1 route because in January 2020 my fiancé and I were unable to get married in London for a variety of reasons, including Covid and the type of visa he is on in the UK. Our priority was getting to the US quickly. The K1 isn’t for everyone but it was for us. What do you mean by self petition?

Timeline

K1 comment was more for the benefit of others.

You can use your own assets for the I 134, you do not need to use the sponsors.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I was talking about your savings, they seem to want to make sure you have enough for 90 days. Not sure I have seen anybody post recently what they are looking for. Not a lot.

He can use his assets if they are adequate, the I 864 is the big issue of course.

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

I was talking about your savings, they seem to want to make sure you have enough for 90 days. Not sure I have seen anybody post recently what they are looking for. Not a lot.

He can use his assets if they are adequate, the I 864 is the big issue of course.

I see. He has savings and assets beyond the indicated salary expected. In terms of I 864 you are referring to AOS?

Timeline

Yes, you will want to marry and file asap. I think the I 864 is 3x for a spouse 5x otherwise, well you can read it. From memory the I 134 is less specific but seems they go by the I 864, London do not seem that bothered, I 134 is not enforceable anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.