Jump to content

What should I fill in for permanent address for DS260?


3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My husband and I are filling out our forms for NVC , while I was checking ds260 I came across to this part which says please provide us an address where you intend to live after arrival in the U.S. and it wants me to fill out the name of a person who is currently living there. But here is the thing, my husband and I are currently living together in Istanbul, Turkey and the address we intend to live for a short while is my husband's parents' house which is the same address as the mailing address we filled out earlier. I wanted to know is this okay that we put their address there? and what should I fill in for the person's name who is currently living in that address? his mom's name or dad's? they both live there. I really appreciate your help.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

~ Moved from IR1/CR1 Progress Reports to IR1/CR1 process ~

4 hours ago, moujard said:

I wanted to know is this okay that we put their address there? and what should I fill in for the person's name who is currently living in that address? his mom's name or dad's?

Yes, you can put their address. Either name is fine.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal

Who's his favorite, mom or dad? Use that person's name. 😀


2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US






2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...