2,964 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Hi, if my I-360 potentially gets denied what would USCIS send me? Notice of denial or something like that? Would I automatically lose my work authorization with it? Thanks

You will get either NOID or RFE before the final denial.

But let's not think about it. Be positive and your approval coming soon. 

47 minutes ago, Salyeen said:

They raid the house with guns 😞😞

i do have everything from doctors and i have trauma since that day ! 

i have a lawyer and I have al the requirements 

i only don’t have police report that’s it 

I did not submit any Police report or Psychological evaluation and I was approved.

Send whatever you have now and do not run more than your shadow.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/7/2022 at 2:11 PM, vawaguy said:

When you apply online for naturalization you don't get to chose the office where the application is going to. I presume it gets sorted automatically to the closest center to your address.

Dear freind thank you for valuable information so I have a question that when you applied your citizenship online it will give you an option to upload all the documents online Ie like marriage certificate divorce decree and tax return it give you the option to upload all the documents and then pay the fees online and once the USCIS received everything they will send you a receipts by mail  

Filed: Other Timeline
6 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear freind thank you for valuable information so I have a question that when you applied your citizenship online it will give you an option to upload all the documents online Ie like marriage certificate divorce decree and tax return it give you the option to upload all the documents and then pay the fees online and once the USCIS received everything they will send you a receipts by mail  

Upload copies when you fill the application and take originals with you at interview. Paper receipt comes in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Wednesday, time for our approval-evoking*, good-news-prompting* Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

*if correlation = causation

==================================

THE SENSE OF ENGLISH

"Mother," said the young boy, "will you help me with some words?"

"Of course, son," said the mother.

"Is it correct to say 'water a horse' when he's thirsty?"

"Yes -- quite correct."

"Then," said the boy, picking up a saucer, "I'm going to milk the cat."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
On 3/7/2022 at 11:17 AM, Anujra said:

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone, whose local office is Queens, NY,  recently got his/her interview notice. If there is any, could you please provide your timeline?

I’m October 2019 filer(i-360&i-485 concurrent filing) and my i-360 was approved in late August 2021. I-485 is pending.

Thank you ahead!

HI.my VAWA was approved in april 2021.My local office is Queens and i am still waiting for Interview or RFE.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
On 3/7/2022 at 11:21 AM, saraa88 said:

Hey! My local office is also Queens, NY. I'm a June 2019 filer. My i-360 was approved in April 2021. I received medical rfe in February 2022 and they received it February 17th 2022. No updates since then.

Hi.i am from Queens and my VAWA was approved in April 21,i am still waiting for RFE or interview.

Did you contact your congress person or anything to get your RFE?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, Salyeen said:

I have the officer card because they raid my house , and I have an email from him apologizing . 

19 hours ago, Salyeen said:

Even if call the fbi saying racism world to them ? 
because my lawyer told me racism considered as abuse , 

Racism is a hate crime, but racism is not a ground for VAWA, and JUST  a spouse, former spouse, child of an abusive U.S Citizen or lawful permanent resident, and parent of an abusive U.S citizen son or daughter, abused child under 21 based by your U.S Citizen or permanent parent can file a Vawa petition.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/abused-spouses-children-and-parents

Edited by sandranj

13 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Racism is a hate crime, but racism is not a ground for VAWA, and JUST  a spouse, former spouse, child of an abusive U.S Citizen or lawful permanent resident, and parent of an abusive U.S citizen son or daughter, abused child under 21 based by your U.S Citizen or permanent parent can file a Vawa petition.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/abused-spouses-children-and-parents

Im married to us citizen I filed for vawa 2019 

I been abuse mentally and emotionally ( proven by a doctor) and physically ( proven by a picture not a doctor) 

but my abuser been calling ice and fbi on me too 

I was wondering if those enough evidences or need more 

5 minutes ago, StanSmith said:

Hi guys! Hope y’all doing well. 

3 days ago I went for my i485 interview 

on day 1 my case changed to “must be reviewed “

day 2 changed to “fingerprints bla bla”

and today I got this email but nothing has changed on my online thing🥲🥲🥲🥲any ideas what it can be???

494235E2-FD81-4C76-8534-2C1C28554441.png

This is a strange looking e-mail, I never got anything like this. Have you received this kind of a e-mail from USCIS before?

32 minutes ago, StanSmith said:

Last time I got this email right before my interview but same never got update online…I’m so confused what it can be….

You have a lawyer? 

also, check again in a few hours, there may be a lag there.
sorry I am not sure what this is, not familiar with this. 
Keep us posted. 

Just now, dreamer1 said:

You have a lawyer? 

Keep us posted. 

I do have lawyer she didn’t know about this email last time. As I said last time I got this email week before they scheduled my interview…so weird…

1 minute ago, dreamer1 said:

You have a lawyer? 

Keep us posted. 

I did wait actually…go an email like 4 hours ago

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.