2,964 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, my gc will be returned to sender bec the suite number of the lawyer’s office was not updated  and USPS does not want to do anything about my package even though the request to change address has already been done a long time ago. Does anybody have a similar experience? How long was the wait for the card to be resent?

i saw on my i360 that my pd was jan 2018. which was the original date i filed my marriage petition b4 vawa.

i think they stil use it on our i360

noww that vawa is approved. does it mean my i485 is out of processing times already? should i submit out of case processing?

vawa applied sept 2019

cawa approved may 2021.

card in hands june 15

Good day I would like some advise. I am about to start my VAWA process but I don’t have much proof to show my husband is a USC apart from our marriage certificate and the application for the marriage certificate. I researched online and saw where I could request a copy of his birth certificate by mailing in the application but it has to be notarized. When I went to have it notarized the notary informed me he cannot notarized the application unless my abusive husband was there even when I tried to explain the situation he just didn’t care to listen. Any advise as to how I could go forward? 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Hi everyone, my gc will be returned to sender bec the suite number of the lawyer’s office was not updated  and USPS does not want to do anything about my package even though the request to change address has already been done a long time ago. Does anybody have a similar experience? How long was the wait for the card to be resent?

They will not resend card.  You have to fill out a I-90 to request a new card.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 hours ago, anita21 said:

i saw on my i360 that my pd was jan 2018. which was the original date i filed my marriage petition b4 vawa.

i think they stil use it on our i360

noww that vawa is approved. does it mean my i485 is out of processing times already? should i submit out of case processing?

vawa applied sept 2019

cawa approved may 2021.

card in hands june 15

Your I-485 has to be transferred from Vermont to NBC for clearance and then your file gets transferred to local office.  Time does not start until case is at local office

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Deb22 said:

Good day I would like some advise. I am about to start my VAWA process but I don’t have much proof to show my husband is a USC apart from our marriage certificate and the application for the marriage certificate. I researched online and saw where I could request a copy of his birth certificate by mailing in the application but it has to be notarized. When I went to have it notarized the notary informed me he cannot notarized the application unless my abusive husband was there even when I tried to explain the situation he just didn’t care to listen. Any advise as to how I could go forward? 

Get the record from the election website you can easily download it from there and it will be a proof of citizenship further there is no need to notarize the documents 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.