Sammyd90

REFUSED CEAC STATUS

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question here, my dads visa application for IR5 visa was in administrative processing for almost two years until the embassy finally asked for his passport, two new photos, medical exam and a new police certificate. After two weeks which happened to be this morning, I saw ceac status as REFUSED which made me panic. 

would this status alter or any thoughts please?

thank you!!!

1 hour ago, Sammyd90 said:

After two weeks which happened to be this morning, I saw ceac status as REFUSED which made me panic.

"Refused" does not necessarily mean visa denial.  It usually means temporary refusal pending completion of administrative processing.  No need to panic.  Just need to wait some more.

1 hour ago, TomoMontenegro said:

i saw some other threads with same issue might be a bug , sent email to embassy  about that ,they will reply fast in 24h max

No, it's not a bug.  And no, there's no such guarantee of email response within 24 hours.

7 hours ago, Chancy said:

"Refused" does not necessarily mean visa denial.  It usually means temporary refusal pending completion of administrative processing.  No need to panic.  Just need to wait some more.

No, it's not a bug.  And no, there's no such guarantee of email response within 24 hours.

look , when i sent him email , i got reply in half day

3 hours ago, TomoMontenegro said:

look , when i sent him email , i got reply in half day

And the poster you responded to is based in Jordan, not Montenegro, so how is that relevant? Some consulates take days or even weeks to respond to people.

9 minutes ago, TomoMontenegro said:

its not montenegro ,its Serbia   , even if weeks  , need to sent him email or call it , better now then latter

The posters profile is Jordan, not Serbia, and anyway refused is much more likely to be AP than a “bug”.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Simple:

2 years ago they were using AP for administrrative processing 

and now they use Refused while cases goes thru this process

so,  when entered your case site to update it,  they changed the coding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.