15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello, My husband and I are getting our packet ready to file for Nov 10th. 

i am am almost done building it but im not sure what to put the packet in. i have a report cover that can fit about 150 pages and sheet protectors to protect the papers along with dividers to show where things are. is that too complicated for them? i did it the same way for K1 Visa and AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 minutes ago, hannahraeroxs said:

i am am almost done building it but im not sure what to put the packet in. i have a report cover that can fit about 150 pages and sheet protectors to protect the papers along with dividers to show where things are. is that too complicated for them? i did it the same way for K1 Visa and AOS

You can just go to any Office Depot or Staples and purchase a bubble mailer. They provide more than enough protection and can be purchased in many different sizes. 

I used something just like this:

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/293208/Office-Depot-Brand-Kraft-Self-Seal/

You can buy them in singles at the store they run like $1 or $2 each, can't remember exactly how much specifically. 

No need to go overboard like others have done on here with boxes and all sorts of ridiculous packaging. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, hannahraeroxs said:

Those sheet protectors and dividers probably put you on somebody's naughty list 😉 yes it is way to complicated. You can separate with sticky notes on the bottom, that's from USCIS official instructions. 

Use whatever fits to send of your packet. I used normal envelopes so far and didn't had any problems. If you need a box, get a box.

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Definitely skip sheet protectors and dividers. Save the contractors the time of disassembling and throwing all that in the trash before USCIS even sees it. 

I used this to file everything from petition to citizenship. It’s the flat, light cardboard,  Priority mailer. 

IMG_1721.JPG.4263bfc8a4723dff481ca920e11f4730.JPG

Timeline
14 hours ago, Alekezam said:

You can just go to any Office Depot or Staples and purchase a bubble mailer. They provide more than enough protection and can be purchased in many different sizes. 

I used something just like this:

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/293208/Office-Depot-Brand-Kraft-Self-Seal/

You can buy them in singles at the store they run like $1 or $2 each, can't remember exactly how much specifically. 

No need to go overboard like others have done on here with boxes and all sorts of ridiculous packaging. 

did you just use little sticky dividers on the bottom and used a big clip to put it all together? 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, hannahraeroxs said:

did you just use little sticky dividers on the bottom and used a big clip to put it all together? 

Yes, that's exactly what I did. Instead of simple paper stickys I used the more robust filing tabs and clipped everything together at the very top with a large binder clip:

https://www.staples.com/Post-it-Durable-Filing-Tabs-Assorted-Colors-2-24-Tabs-Pack-686F1BB/product_751540

https://www.staples.com/Staples-Large-Metal-Binder-Clips-Black-2-Size-with-1-Capacity/product_831610

You can also get a bunch of smaller binder clips to keep specific sections  together along with the large one to hold it all together if you want but be sure to put tabs at bottom and clips on top. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Edited by Alekezam
Extra Info

Timeline
1 minute ago, Alekezam said:

Yes, that's exactly what I did. Instead of simple paper stickys I used the more robust filing tabs and clipped everything together at the very top with a large binder clip:

https://www.staples.com/Post-it-Durable-Filing-Tabs-Assorted-Colors-2-24-Tabs-Pack-686F1BB/product_751540

https://www.staples.com/Staples-Large-Metal-Binder-Clips-Black-2-Size-with-1-Capacity/product_831610

You can also get a bunch of smaller binder clips to keep specific sections  together along with the large one to hold it all together if you want. 

thank you so so much!!! you are such a big help!!! :)

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

You can also get a bunch of smaller binder clips to keep specific sections  together along with the large one to hold it all together if you want but be sure to put tabs at bottom and clips on top. 

I was wondering if you think this is okay as to what i have for proof and what my cover letter includes: 

• Payment in the amount of $680.00 (I-751 application and biometric fee) 
  • G-1145 (e-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance 
  • I-751 application 
  • Front/back copy of Permanent Resident Card, Copies of California ID’s, and Driver License 
  • Copy of my Husbands California Learners Permit 
  • Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate 
  • Copy of Joint Federal and State Tax Returns (2019 & 2020)
  • Print out of My Work Benefits for Joint Insurance (Health, Vision and Dental and Life Insurance) Showing my Husband as the Beneficiary. 
  • Letter from our bank confirming our joint bank accounts
  • 24 Months (quarterly) of Personal Checking account Statements 
  • 24 Months (quarterly) of Personal Saving account Statements
  • Letter from our bank stating the name change of our bank 
  • Copy of our Lease Agreement 
  • Copies of most recent rent invoices 
  • Copy of family cellular Phone Plan and statements
  • Copies of Credit Card statements showing we are authorized users and a letter explaining why we haven’t charged until this year.
  • Four affidavit letters 
  • Photos

Timeline
4 minutes ago, hannahraeroxs said:

I was wondering if you think this is okay as to what i have for proof and what my cover letter includes: 

• Payment in the amount of $680.00 (I-751 application and biometric fee) 
  • G-1145 (e-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance 
  • I-751 application 
  • Front/back copy of Permanent Resident Card, Copies of California ID’s, and Driver License 
  • Copy of my Husbands California Learners Permit 
  • Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate 
  • Copy of Joint Federal and State Tax Returns (2019 & 2020)
  • Print out of My Work Benefits for Joint Insurance (Health, Vision and Dental and Life Insurance) Showing my Husband as the Beneficiary. 
  • Letter from our bank confirming our joint bank accounts
  • 24 Months (quarterly) of Personal Checking account Statements 
  • 24 Months (quarterly) of Personal Saving account Statements
  • Letter from our bank stating the name change of our bank 
  • Copy of our Lease Agreement 
  • Copies of most recent rent invoices 
  • Copy of family cellular Phone Plan and statements
  • Copies of Credit Card statements showing we are authorized users and a letter explaining why we haven’t charged until this year.
  • Four affidavit letters 
  • Photos

Lol, I just finished posting an example of what you may or may not need on your other thread.

You have more than enough information. I'd be surprised if you run into any issues. 

Timeline
Just now, Alekezam said:

Lol, I just finished posting an example of what you may or may not need on your other thread.

You have more than enough information. I'd be surprised if you run into any issues. 

haha! i just saw your post XD awesome!! thank you so much! i was worried they need more haha! even my family is saying that is plenty LOL! im so glad i have someone like you who is here to help with all my questions! :D

Timeline
On 10/13/2021 at 7:31 AM, hannahraeroxs said:

thank you so so much!!! you are such a big help!!! :)

On 10/13/2021 at 7:29 AM, Alekezam said:

Hi! Me again. This might be a dumb question but I got my husbands reminder letter to file his I-751 and I see it says file jointly. As long as we both sign and date the I-715 and show proof does that mean we are filing jointly? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, hannahraeroxs said:

Hi! Me again. This might be a dumb question but I got my husbands reminder letter to file his I-751 and I see it says file jointly. As long as we both sign and date the I-715 and show proof does that mean we are filing jointly? 

It was the same for us. It's just standard verbiage that they use in their letters. 

When you fill out the form whomever is the green card holder will now be both the petitioner and the beneficiary.  So for example, my wife is the green card holder so she is petitioning to get a removal of conditions on her green card so she is also the beneficiary. She fills out Part 1 and Part 2 under Information About You/Conditional Resident and signs. I am the US Citizen Spouse so I fill out Part 3. and Part 4. and sign in the I-751 form. 

Each of you should only need to sign once in the form unless your situation involves other conditions such as kids or something else.....which I assume you all don't fall under. I'm guessing you're the same as us (just my wife and I). 

Hope that helps. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Alekezam said:

It was the same for us. It's just standard verbiage that they use in their letters. 

When you fill out the form whomever is the green card holder will now be both the petitioner and the beneficiary.  So for example, my wife is the green card holder so she is petitioning to get a removal of conditions on her green card so she is also the beneficiary. She fills out Part 1 and Part 2 under Information About You/Conditional Resident and signs. I am the US Citizen Spouse so I fill out Part 3. and Part 4. and sign in the I-751 form. 

Each of you should only need to sign once in the form unless your situation involves other conditions such as kids or something else.....which I assume you all don't fall under. I'm guessing you're the same as us (just my wife and I). 

Hope that helps. 

This helps! A lot! I will look at my form again this week and see how we filled it out :) thank you so much!!! :) 

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.