13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Who has already passed interview since 1 October from k 1? If i passed medical checkup last October in my country and i have complete about vaccination so do I need take covid vaccine for interview? Mine is in a few days

22 minutes ago, Ankissa said:

Who has already passed interview since 1 October from k 1? If i passed medical checkup last October in my country and i have complete about vaccination so do I need take covid vaccine for interview? Mine is in a few days

If your medical was completed last October (meaning one year ago), you will need a new medical exam, and yes, the COVID vaccine requirement will be included.

Your timeline doesn't say you are adjusting status.  Are you?  Or are you interviewing for a visa?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ankissa said:

Before medical checkup was valid for 2 years... Now they make it valid for 4 years... it is on uscus site.....

That doesn't apply to K1 medicals done abroad.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No one knows. The new rules are not 100% clear and doesn't mention foreign medicals.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

If your medical was completed last October (meaning one year ago), you will need a new medical exam, and yes, the COVID vaccine requirement will be included.

Not the policy for adjusting from a K-1.

Before medical checkup was valid for 2 years... Now they make it valid for 4 years... it is on uscus site.....

Your K-1 medical doesn't 'age out'. Policies for those adjusting from a K-1 are different than those adjusting from other visas. Your DS-3025 is valid as long as it was marked complete and you filed for AOS within a year of the K-1 medical.

The policy on the covid vaccine is brand new, so you will probably be one of, if not the first to report back here after your interview with news on whether or not they insist on the covid vaccine for someone that had an overseas medical prior to the new requirement.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

3 hours ago, KayDeeCee said:

Not the policy for adjusting from a K-1.  Obviously.  I mistakenly thought the OP was talking about the medical for the K-1 interview.  Had that been the case, it would have needed to have been repeated.

Your K-1 medical doesn't 'age out'. Policies for those adjusting from a K-1 are different than those adjusting from other visas. Your DS-3025 is valid as long as it was marked complete and you filed for AOS within a year of the K-1 medical.

The policy on the covid vaccine is brand new, so you will probably be one of, if not the first to report back here after your interview with news on whether or not they insist on the covid vaccine for someone that had an overseas medical prior to the new requirement.

17 hours ago, KayDeeCee said:

Not the policy for adjusting from a K-1.

This is my reply too. As per USICS if your medical is not done before October 1st, you need covid vaccine even before going to the medical tests. So you should be good..good luck for your interview. 

Edited by Siggy

Timeline

I will put information about my timeleine after intreview... I passed bio 9 August and my interview is on this Friday

On 10/6/2021 at 10:03 PM, Jorgedig said:

Thank you very much. I will type review tomorrow

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 10/6/2021 at 9:39 PM, Ankissa said:

Yes, if medical chekup was done before and it is comple ,during interview it is not asked. 

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone.

My wife entered did her Medical Exam overseas on September 2020.

My Wife entered the US on K1 visa on January 2021. 

AOS filing on March 2021. (submitted the DS-3025 Vaccination record, not the i-693)

Interview is coming up in 3 weeks. I am a bit confused regarding the i-693. Should we re-visit a Civil Surgeon? 

We are planning to not bring the i693 nor the DS-3025 to the interview since we filed within one year of Medical Exam, and before Oct 1 2021 (effective date of COVID requirement).

Appreciate some guidance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.