Tommy john

Vermont service center

26 posts in this topic

Timeline

Nebraska (LIN) just went to 15-32 months !!!!

This is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if they put I751s on hold for several months since they've now extended the extension to 24 months to buy themselves time. The stupid extension letter has now been a PITA twice for us (once when traveling, once when my wife started her job).

😡

Edited by RamonGomez

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm not going to get discouraged. The information, according to USCIS, is not current. It's based on information from two months ago. "The estimated time range displayed is based on data captured approximately two months prior to updating the page."

It's not very helpful because of this lag. 

5 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

I'm not going to get discouraged. The information, according to USCIS, is not current. It's based on information from two months ago. "The estimated time range displayed is based on data captured approximately two months prior to updating the page."

It's not very helpful because of this lag. 

There is nothing to do. You just need to go on with your life.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Not.Rich said:

There is nothing to do. You just need to go on with your life.

Exactly. We've already accomplished the most important part - we're together and married. Everything else will work out.

9 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

'm not going to get discouraged. The information, according to USCIS, is not current. It's based on information from two months ago.

and 2 months ago I got approved out of Vermont ..... took 10 months

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

and 2 months ago I got approved out of Vermont ..... took 10 months

Thank you for verifying that! Maybe in two more months it will be dramatically less!

1 minute ago, Joyoussinger said:

Thank you for verifying that! Maybe in two more months it will be dramatically less!

it changes monthly ... just got to watch it. Its like the Stock Market

2 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

Exactly. We've already accomplished the most important part - we're together and married. Everything else will work out.

I can't imagine being those poor K1 applicants still waiting for an interview. Now that is agony.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Just now, Carpe Vinum said:

I can't imagine being those poor K1 applicants still waiting for an interview. Now that is agony.

Well at least they get an interim EAD and can do whatever that allows. That being said, I really think that your resident since date should be the date you filed your I-485, not when USCIS gets around to approving it, people shouldn't be punished because USCIS is slow.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Just now, Demise said:

Well at least they get an interim EAD and can do whatever that allows. That being said, I really think that your resident since date should be the date you filed your I-485, not when USCIS gets around to approving it, people shouldn't be punished because USCIS is slow.

No I mean the K1s still waiting for an embassy interview.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.